Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Blackjack54 I would like to ask you what facts you base this quote on? Nothing against Fox, but in the last few years, how many Area 1 State Championships has he won? How many has Harrison won at Holston? Do you know how many of the 15 players on the Varsity squad at Central are from Blountville? 5 is the answer. The other 10 are from Holston. Harrison won Back to Back Championships with the Junior and Seniors on the team now. So how can you not comment on his coaching ability? Maybe your son didn't make his team one year or better yet, maybe he outplayed you in High School and you still hold a grudge. Anyways Coach Harrison is a great coach and if given a chance at Central he would do a great job there also. Coach Vaughn stil has a few years left and he does have a young team now, but wait until tourney time and see what happens. I'm not saying they'll win the conference tourney or anything but they will surprise some teams. As far as DB and the Hill...... Noone will touch them up here. DB is talented 1-10. Most of which are underclassmen /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The Hill also has alot of talent. The rest of the big 9 is up for grabs. Central let one slip by last night but hopefully they can build off it.

Well put Futurecougardad about Jarred Harrison. I personally think he should be at Central right now as Tony's assistant. This blackjack doesn't know very much about middle school basketball and even less about cougar basketball.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackjack54 I would like to ask you what facts you base this quote on? Nothing against Fox, but in the last few years, how many Area 1 State Championships has he won? How many has Harrison won at Holston? Do you know how many of the 15 players on the Varsity squad at Central are from Blountville? 5 is the answer. The other 10 are from Holston. Harrison won Back to Back Championships with the Junior and Seniors on the team now. So how can you not comment on his coaching ability? Maybe your son didn't make his team one year or better yet, maybe he outplayed you in High School and you still hold a grudge. Anyways Coach Harrison is a great coach and if given a chance at Central he would do a great job there also. Coach Vaughn stil has a few years left and he does have a young team now, but wait until tourney time and see what happens. I'm not saying they'll win the conference tourney or anything but they will surprise some teams. As far as DB and the Hill...... Noone will touch them up here. DB is talented 1-10. Most of which are underclassmen /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The Hill also has alot of talent. The rest of the big 9 is up for grabs. Central let one slip by last night but hopefully they can build off it.

Amen futurecougardad...I couldn't have said it better myself... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I see you have all your statistics right in a row there down to the "Area 1 Championship" which I knew would come up sooner or later. To set the record straight for your stats, I've never had a son play for the "coach" nor did I play against him in high school. I was already in the coaching ranks by that time my friend. I'm only stating my opinions here but I think Fox is the better of the two. Just a class act in my book. Good fundamentals, stresses teamwork, stresses academics, and as I expressed to Cap1, touches every facet of the athlete in the Dickie Warren, Buck Van Huss style. Your high school coaches will tell you that your little area 1 deal doesn't mean squat in high school. High School ball is a different animal. Competiting at that level does require some talent which I personally think Mr. Fox has. I agree that Coach Vaughn is an excellent coach and will glean every bit of talent from the boys that he can find. I just can't see Harrison filling the coaching duties like a Coach Witcher, or Dale Burns, or George Pitts that WCJC mentioned a few posts back. I had forgotten he was back in the area. Burns and Pitts..............now there are two legends. My comments are based on what his colleagues tell me and what I've seen his former players do. On the team/bench and on the floor are two entirely different things futurecougardad. It's my opinion that the boys from Blountville can outplay the Holston boys at the high school level. That Brown kid is a prime example. He's a real athlete. I did state that Albright and DeVault will get a lot of playing time. Just my opinion but observations are priceless and in this business actions speak a lot louder than words.

I wish I had the last 15 seconds of my life back. That was one of the most pointless rambles I have ever read. Your comments are not based on what you have seen or heard from his former players. Your comments are based on something personal. His team has probably beaten a team you have coached since you decided to enlighten us that you are in the "coaching ranks".

There are actually plays and offenses that Jared has brought into this area that high school coaches use. I would also like to see Harrison at Central helping out but it is also nice having him and Coach Fox in the middle schools.

I think that is EXACTLY how its going to be. THS lost some people but had loads of talent on the bench from last year. What people dont understand about SH is that Omar was the whole team. I would not be surprised if they lost some shocking games this year. I might put Volunteer above Central though just because of that bully type of ball they play. Its the roughest and dirtiest play in the Big 9 and people cant stand playing them. Plus they have Craddick back. Everything else looks to be in check

Its actually spelled Cradic, and i hear everyone loves to play Volunteer because they are all really nice guys...

A first stepping stone for Dobyns-Bennett begins this week. AND NO I am not speaking of tuesday vs. Tenn. High. I am talking about Sullivan East. DB should roll over Tenn. High with there great defense and pure shooters from the outside. The East game should be exciting cause East ALWAYS has a great crew of people to come out and support against the Indians. The one thing that DB can do to slow East's offense down is with their great TEAM defense. DB will use both Sylvester and Halvorsen to slow down Snapp. Both of these guys do a good job of denying players the ball to the best players DB has played thus far. It will come down to them on Snapp, if they can play the kind of defense they are capable of, then this could be another blowout to add to Dobyns-Bennett's list. Any other thoughts?

I have to agree fanofall that the DB-East game will be an exciting one. I expect that Sylvester will step up and have an outstanding game. Halvorsen is always in the action as is Flackk. East I think will hold their own for a while but depending on East's offense and if they are "on" that will be the tale. I think this will be the matchup to watch for sure. I don't think it will be a blow out though.

lol Just cannot stand it can you? Just had to throw some bait out there, right? lol And I'm the one that gets accused of starting trouble. Well, I'll leave the comments to others for now. What say you CAP? Whats your opinion on this matter? Oh, and CAP, your comments on the Vikings defense and Cradic seemed to play out.

I say the Falcons didn??™t disappoint. They still have that physical play approach, but they got back just as much as they gave in this game and they should probably expect the same from any of the top teams in our conference. We know that in order to win a game at Volunteer you have to keep the score to the point that the officials cant be a factor. We ended the first half leading in fouls (against the Bruisers of Volunteer) 10 to 3 and at least one of the calls against Volunteer was an obvious makeup call at the end of the half (but that is just my opinion). The Facts are that Cradic scored 30 on us because our mulish coach has insisted on using the same feebleminded approach that has now lost us two games and allowed South to make a game out of what started out (and should have ended up as) a rout. And its not just the zone??¦its his choices on who takes the assignment that is costing us. He??™s starting to remind me of the infamous Captain Ahab (in the story of Moby Dick for those who dont know)??¦and we all know how his ???season??? ended. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> In all fairness though, now is the time to pull out the patented Viking Zone. We cant run with DB or SHHS so its time to slow the pace. Uh oh??¦maybe I shouldnt have said that. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I guess we will try to man up now. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Volunteers point guard Bennett also had a great game. One of the best we have faced this year.

Blackjack54 "On the team/bench and on the floor are two entirely different things futurecougardad. It's my opinion that the boys from Blountville can outplay the Holston boys at the high school level. "

My point exactly Jack out of the 10-11 players that are ON THE COURT for Central, 4 are from Blountville, the other 7 are from Holston. You're going to be hardpressed to win this debate.

I say the Falcons didn??™t disappoint. They still have that physical play approach, but they got back just as much as they gave in this game and they should probably expect the same from any of the top teams in our conference. We know that in order to win a game at Volunteer you have to keep the score to the point that the officials cant be a factor. We ended the first half leading in fouls (against the Bruisers of Volunteer) 10 to 3 and at least one of the calls against Volunteer was an obvious makeup call at the end of the half (but that is just my opinion). The Facts are that Cradic scored 30 on us because our mulish coach has insisted on using the same feebleminded approach that has now lost us two games and allowed South to make a game out of what started out (and should have ended up as) a rout. And its not just the zone??¦its his choices on who takes the assignment that is costing us. He??™s starting to remind me of the infamous Captain Ahab (in the story of Moby Dick for those who dont know)??¦and we all know how his ???season??? ended. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> In all fairness though, now is the time to pull out the patented Viking Zone. We cant run with DB or SHHS so its time to slow the pace. Uh oh??¦maybe I shouldnt have said that. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I guess we will try to man up now. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Volunteers point guard Bennett also had a great game. One of the best we have faced this year.

I think Bennett gets overlooked alot because of Cradic, but you are correct, he is an excellent player.