Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

TODAYS GAMES

Volunteer 67 Cherokee 55

Science Hill 76 Daniel Boone 55

Sullivan East 73 David Crockett 56

Sullivan South 65 Sullivan South 61

Dobyns Bennett 61 Tennessee High 58

[/quote /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Interesting game between SS and SS. Just Kidding dude, just wanted to see which Sullivan team you did pick though, the cougars or the rebels. If the Cougars don't start shooting the ball better and working it down low, I know which one I'd pick. Not a good shooting night last night at Greeneville. Albright played a great game but noone else stepped up. : /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WACO... you can think all you want. I am there, and anyone who knows me will tell you that I will not stand for teaching kids to play dirty. Coach Whitt was a post player, and his style of play is like that of the old Detroit Pistons. What you believe has no merit to what I see on a daily basis. But, as another reader said, this is your cyber opinion and cyber thoughts. I put it in perspective to who I am reading this from. You have been credited to what I "believe" your worth is. You went to DB, so you can do the math, especially if you were ever in Mr. Nidiffer's class. And to set the record straight... no one definately went for Sylvester or any other player for that matter. I personally know the Sylvesters (great kid and great parents) and they go to the church where my Great-Grandfather pastored there for 36 years. So... you can ask them about my character, or would you not "believe" them? GOD Bless!!!!

PS.... if you were at the Vol-DB game, you would know that Sylvester did not play much at all. Morgan did not start or play him and other starters much that game.

. In the first half of the Volunteer -DB game two Volunteer players were going after Sylvester.

I saw it too. One has Sylvester's hands behind his back, then other was given him a wedgy. Then Whittemore went over and got Charlie in a head-lock when the ball went into the corner. You had to be really watching. Right before the game was over when D-B was up 30 plus a Volunteer player farted while going by the D-B bench. Whittemore worked on that one for three days. It was a good thing they served pinto beans that day.

I am just glad my son does not cry about a foul, like people on a message board. We call those people in Hawkins County P@$$&.

WACO... you can think all you want. I am there, and anyone who knows me will tell you that I will not stand for teaching kids to play dirty. Coach Whitt was a post player, and his style of play is like that of the old Detroit Pistons. What you believe has no merit to what I see on a daily basis. But, as another reader said, this is your cyber opinion and cyber thoughts. I put it in perspective to who I am reading this from. You have been credited to what I "believe" your worth is. You went to DB, so you can do the math, especially if you were ever in Mr. Nidiffer's class. And to set the record straight... no one definately went for Sylvester or any other player for that matter. I personally know the Sylvesters (great kid and great parents) and they go to the church where my Great-Grandfather pastored there for 36 years. So... you can ask them about my character, or would you not "believe" them? GOD Bless!!!!

PS.... if you were at the Vol-DB game, you would know that Sylvester did not play much at all. Morgan did not start or play him and other starters much that game.

Stokomo

I'm not sure the Pistons "style" is something I would want my team to be compared to. You know they were nicknamed "The Bad Boys" for a reason. Bill Lambier is considered one of the dirtiest players ever in the NBA and we all know the troubled road of Thomas and Rodman as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im saying Volunteer plays "Smashmouth" basketball. The Fal-Con faithful keep coming on here and telling us thats untrue, but we keep going to games and seeing it is true. Seeing is believing! I believe their coach teaches it, I believe they try to use it to intimadate, and at times I think it gets out of hand and they use it to try and injure the other player. In the first half of the Volunteer -DB game two Volunteer players were going after Sylvester. It looked to me like they were trying to start a fight or something. In the second half they were so tired from the full court game they couldn't cause much trouble.

Smashmouth basketball??? That is about the silliest thing i've ever heard. I'm pretty sure that all coach Whittemore asks of his players is that they play as hard as physically possible, they play smart basketball, and they don't allow other teams to push them around. Maybe if Charlie Morgan got Bronson Flack on that plan he wouldn't be the most embarrassing player in the big nine for a third consecutive year. All i've heard for the last three years is how "this" year is gonna be his year. DB would be in serious trouble if they didn't have those other three very talented post players to rotate and leave Flack on the bench. Jordan Edwards is biggest and strongest kid in the conference AGAIN this year. But anyway I would love to hear a case made for a coach who consistently gets the most out of the players he has year in and year out more than Coach Whitt. He is an excellent coach and anyone who calls him dirty is making a fool of themselves.

Cappy... nice to see you on the board again. I just knew you would say something about the physical play of which there was none in the game last Friday. I do thank you for the compliments on Cradic and Bennett. Bennett has a long way to go before he is one of the Big 9 favorite PG's. I have talked with him about a few things he needs to clean up, like at the end of the game (2 To's) that a seasoned PG would never do. The game was not physical in the least bit. So that old stuff of how we play is not valid any longer. We have young guys who play hard, not dirty. I will not even go into detail of what confrontation at the end of the game with #25 (TN High) was about, or do you want to tell everyone what he did to Cradic? Look....the game is just that.....a game. I will not accuse any coach unless it can be proven for dirty play. Central is finess, DB & Science Hill is fast paced tempo, East is scrappy for 32 minutes, South is South, Boone is fundamentalist, Crockett is learning, TN High is smart and methodical, and Volunteer is hard-nosed. Country boys are just like that. Your analogy on TN High vs. DB & Science Hill is correct. The 2-3 zone will work to slow the game down. Corey (TN High) is an outstanding player but can get lost in the mix of things from time to time. He has to learn to take control of the game and impose the tempo and style of play that his team needs. He did it in spurts against us Friday, but he is good enough to do it all the time. That is what I'm trying to get Bennett to understand, your team goes as the PG goes. Control the tempo and you control the game. Anyways...... Good luck the rest of the season!!!! God Bless!!!!!

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Stokomo your post tells me that either you are completely confused as to the definition of ???physical play???, you are in denial, or you just don??™t have a clue. I didn??™t say the Falcons played ???dirty??? I said that the game was physical??¦very physical at times??¦on both ends. If you keep posting these ridiculous responses and insisting that the Falcons don??™t try to intimidate with their physical play, the little creditability you have on here will be out the window. You even contradict yourself when you referred to your team with the term ???hard-nosed Country boys???. Don??™t get me wrong??¦although I prefer and respect a more skillful approach to winning games, the bottom line is you do what ya gotta do. And as long as the officials allow it then who am I to complain. But let it be known that although you seem to be in the dark about Volunteer, nobody else is and you can expect to get what you give form now on. My guess is that if the referees don??™t step up (even in the Falcons Den) they are going to loose control of a game or two this year and it could get ugly.

And about #25??¦I don??™t know what you are referring to unless you are talking about when he had to leave the game with a busted lip. You don??™t get one of those playing patty-cake. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bennett is good. In my opinion (and this is from only seeing him once) he is a better B-ball prospect than Cradic is. He just doesn't have the green light and the confidence that Cradic has. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I say the Falcons didn??™t disappoint. They still have that physical play approach, but they got back just as much as they gave in this game and they should probably expect the same from any of the top teams in our conference. We know that in order to win a game at Volunteer you have to keep the score to the point that the officials cant be a factor. We ended the first half leading in fouls (against the Bruisers of Volunteer) 10 to 3 and at least one of the calls against Volunteer was an obvious makeup call at the end of the half (but that is just my opinion). The Facts are that Cradic scored 30 on us because our mulish coach has insisted on using the same feebleminded approach that has now lost us two games and allowed South to make a game out of what started out (and should have ended up as) a rout. And its not just the zone??¦its his choices on who takes the assignment that is costing us. He??™s starting to remind me of the infamous Captain Ahab (in the story of Moby Dick for those who dont know)??¦and we all know how his ???season??? ended. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> In all fairness though, now is the time to pull out the patented Viking Zone. We cant run with DB or SHHS so its time to slow the pace. Uh oh??¦maybe I shouldnt have said that. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I guess we will try to man up now. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Volunteers point guard Bennett also had a great game. One of the best we have faced this year.

Bennett and Cradic are both very talented but I'm pretty sure that Volunteer's player of the game had to be Roby Witcher! I say this because he literally held Corey Young to 14 points. I don't know if he was just having a really good night or what, beacause he appeared to be extremely talented. Witcher continually told him to slow it down and run his offenses when Young appeared to be able to score almost at will. I feel for Young, he definitely appears to be underutilized. Poor kid...

[

And about #25??¦I don??™t know what you are referring to unless you are talking about when he had to leave the game with a busted lip. You don??™t get one of those playing patty-cake. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

According to the lady trainer at Volunteer who tended to the boy, the boy said his own player gave him the elbow.

There you go again. ("his style of play is like that of the old Detroit Pistons"). And who on here didnt think the Pistons style of play wasnt "Take um out at the knee". Keep it up and Im going to have to break out the C word out on you, and Im sure Waco's M word isnt far behind.

Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

[

According to the lady trainer at Volunteer who tended to the boy, the boy said his own player gave him the elbow.

I think it was a head butt...but you are correct. I said physical on both sides. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />