Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Stokomo your post tells me that either you are completely confused as to the definition of ???physical play???, you are in denial, or you just don??™t have a clue. I didn??™t say the Falcons played ???dirty??? I said that the game was physical??¦very physical at times??¦on both ends. If you keep posting these ridiculous responses and insisting that the Falcons don??™t try to intimidate with their physical play, the little creditability you have on here will be out the window. You even contradict yourself when you referred to your team with the term ???hard-nosed Country boys???. Don??™t get me wrong??¦although I prefer and respect a more skillful approach to winning games, the bottom line is you do what ya gotta do. And as long as the officials allow it then who am I to complain. But let it be known that although you seem to be in the dark about Volunteer, nobody else is and you can expect to get what you give form now on. My guess is that if the referees don??™t step up (even in the Falcons Den) they are going to loose control of a game or two this year and it could get ugly.

And about #25??¦I don??™t know what you are referring to unless you are talking about when he had to leave the game with a busted lip. You don??™t get one of those playing patty-cake. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bennett is good. In my opinion (and this is from only seeing him once) he is a better B-ball prospect than Cradic is. He just doesn't have the green light and the confidence that Cradic has. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CAP1 do us all a favor and put a CAP on your mouth! What makes you the authority on all things that are HS basketball? Your rantings on here make about as much sense as your football analysis's did. You got beat by the Falcons AGAIN and your angry about it, go sulk in a corner where we dont have to listen to you whine anymore!

Nice win FALCONS just keep it rolling!!!!

Would you like some cheese with that WHINE CAP1??

There you go again. ("his style of play is like that of the old Detroit Pistons"). And who on here didnt think the Pistons style of play wasnt "Take um out at the knee". Keep it up and Im going to have to break out the C word out on you, and Im sure Waco's M word isnt far behind.

Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Coach Morgan did not take him out, he did not start or play him much in the first half, which is a contradiction to what someone else was saying. I can admit when i am wrong and i stand corrected....you did not say dirty, but others have and I will defend what I know to be true. You can break-out any word you choose to. Do you see me talk about what is wrong with TN High on here? We can get into a whole list of things, but I choose to defend and talk positively about such topics. Is bashing Volunteer making you feel better or something? it's crazy, but the most complaints are coming from the "supposed" powerhouse-teams' fans of the Big Nine. And a parent mind you.... Your son has an excellent future ahead of him. I like his game and he can control a game whenever he choses. Good Luck to you and your sons!!!! God Bless!!!!

The new WBC rankings are out. After Mayweather def Hatton the Volunteer guards have moved up to number two in the Welterweight (147 lbs) division. Word is HBO is gonna follow Bennett and Cradic around 24/7 and film them. Then once a week, on Saturdays we can see all the mayhem these two cause.

Then in January, we can buy the pay per view fight (I mean game) when they travel to K-Vegas. Whittemore has added great wrestling managers "The mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart and Captain Lou Albano to his staff to prepare his players for new defensive techniques: the pepper trick up the nose, eye poking, and the hated wet willy.

At Volunteer it is not about wins or losses. Its about preparing the kids for a future as Goons. I am almost positive that what they work on......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

There you go again. ("his style of play is like that of the old Detroit Pistons"). And who on here didnt think the Pistons style of play wasnt "Take um out at the knee". Keep it up and Im going to have to break out the C word out on you, and Im sure Waco's M word isnt far behind.

Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It has been said "that it is better is be thought of as ignorant than it is to open your mouth and remove all DOUBT"

CAP1 you have got to be the biggest moron I have ever heard on this forum! Do us a favor and climb under a rock somewhere so some people with intellect can get on here and converse intelligently!

"Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!!"

As an observer who no longer has a dog in the hunt...two examples of "not" the way to play the game (whether taught by a coach or otherwise)...both coming in the D-B vs. Volunteer game...and you can see them both on video...example #1: #44 for Volunteer posted up the aforementioned Bronson Flack and had good position to receive a pass, but decided instead that he would take his elbow up into Bronson's chin...had good position with the elbow in his chest, but made the obvious move to the chin (above his own shoulder) and this was not a quick thrown elbow, but rather an elbow placed to the chin; he was called for a foul...example #2: Cradic has the ball on the right wing, has the ball knocked away from him by Justin Sylvester, Sylvester picks up the loose ball and starts to dribble, when Cradic throws a leg whip that would be red-carded in soccer to trip Sylvester (now, Sylvester was called for a slapping foul); but the leg-whip is a normal classless maneuver from Cradic when he is ripped or guarded well and it has been for at least a couple of years...both examples are again "not" the way to play basketball, but are examples seen frequently from some of the players on the Falcons team...video examples are hard to argue with...

Roll Tribe Roll

What it all boils down to is for at least the past two years Volunteer has played very rough against almost every team they've went up against. Now I can't say for sure that the coach has been teaching this but I can say I have not seen him sit one of his players for rough play. I have not been to evey game though. I do know that almost every team thay play complains about the rough play. So Volunteer fans say they don't play this way, and everybody else says they do. So I guess the accused is right and the rest of the world is wrong? Its like skunk says, the video don't lie. And Stoko-Moron can preach till the cows come home. I am 100% correct when I say Volunteer plays rough and at times plays to injure. One of these nights they will pay a heavy price. God bless!!!

I predict that DB will have an easier time with East than with THS. The reason is style of play. DB is going to come straight at you and challenge you to match their talent and size (same as Science Hill), and I think everyone outside of Bluff City (and many inside) knows that that aint gonna happen. With East as I said before the season (and I still stick to it) if you stop Snapp you beat East. Coach Morgan has more than enough defensive weapons at his disposal, (Sylvester usually being the weapon of choice) and unlike Witcher he knows who and how to use them. THS on the other hand has been able to take DB away from their fast pace style and has made them set up the half court offense. So don??™t be surprise if your game doesn??™t end up more like DB vs Volunteer more so than ours.

I hope you're right on that prediction /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />