Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right on that prediction /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OMG!!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Not even in the Arbys Classic have I seen a Viking team get dominated the way we did tonight in every aspect of the game! As a matter of fact I would be really surprised if I didnt see DB in the championship game of the Arbys THIS year. You guys are DEEP with a capital D!!! Very impressed!! IMO the Tribe wont lose a game before the State Tournament except maybe in the Arbys. I knew I should have moved to Kingsport...I saw this coming. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As an observer who no longer has a dog in the hunt...two examples of "not" the way to play the game (whether taught by a coach or otherwise)...both coming in the D-B vs. Volunteer game...and you can see them both on video...example #1: #44 for Volunteer posted up the aforementioned Bronson Flack and had good position to receive a pass, but decided instead that he would take his elbow up into Bronson's chin...had good position with the elbow in his chest, but made the obvious move to the chin (above his own shoulder) and this was not a quick thrown elbow, but rather an elbow placed to the chin; he was called for a foul...example #2: Cradic has the ball on the right wing, has the ball knocked away from him by Justin Sylvester, Sylvester picks up the loose ball and starts to dribble, when Cradic throws a leg whip that would be red-carded in soccer to trip Sylvester (now, Sylvester was called for a slapping foul); but the leg-whip is a normal classless maneuver from Cradic when he is ripped or guarded well and it has been for at least a couple of years...both examples are again "not" the way to play basketball, but are examples seen frequently from some of the players on the Falcons team...video examples are hard to argue with...

Roll Tribe Roll

You should put this on YouTube.

It has been said "that it is better is be thought of as ignorant than it is to open your mouth and remove all DOUBT"

CAP1 you have got to be the biggest moron I have ever heard on this forum! Do us a favor and climb under a rock somewhere so some people with intellect can get on here and converse intelligently!

"Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!!"

Thats a hilarious statement coming from you!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You have got to be the only person on this board that didnt catch on to what I meant in that statement. Next time I'll try to draw pictures just so YOU can understand. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You should put this on YouTube.

It is already on "Faces of Death". Very brutal.

I think the district attorney is gonna charge Keith and Coach Whittemore with premediated fouling. The plan was for Keith to lose to ball on purpose, so they could kick Sylvester. The video will show it all. Especially the video from NBC Dateline to catch a Rough Coach.

I think all the players who got one this board who actually played for Coach Whittemore and said he teaches that got Datelines attention. What a minute......no player who actually played or plays for Whittemore has every said that. Just people who hide behind screen names and lie. HMMMM.

I guess thats why Ed Bradley or Morley Safer have not been in Church Hill talking with Coach Whittemore. There is no story.

Skunk is you don't have a dog in the race. But you have video, so it seems you do have a dog in the race.

I respect Skunk and wil try to disagree politely. I've seen the video and probably should not be saying this, but he may be or already is classified as legally blind. He tries as hard as he can to play the game. He is fundamentally learning the game. His footing gets kinda quirky sometimes and he looks like a runaway train. I agree it is physical, maybe not the way we were taught Skunk, but I can name a half dozen other high school teams that play very phyiscal. But I will defend against what WACO and others have said before that we coach to "injure." Skunk, you've known me throughout the years and I feel that I do not need to validate myself or my character to WACO and some others. For the record... I have never insulted you WACO. I thought we could have a good disagreement discussion, but I see that you will go to all lengths to insult someone. I choose not to insult you and will refrain from the bait you throw. Back to Skunk...... I do agree that the leg-whip did look intentional. You must also realize that Cradic gets double and triple teamed and at times will lose his cool after being pushed around himself of which the video you speak of also shows. I remember one NBA night and Steve Nash leg-whipped someone and it looked intentional. Some times palyers get frustrated and it will get the best of you at times, but I will say again that these players are not taught to play to injure or deliberately harm any player. And please don't give that referee favoritism... if you recall..... Coach Whitt has not been on many of the referees Christmas list for some time now. GOD Bless!!!!

A little outside perspective coming at ya...

Went to the HEATED rivlary game tonight between Volunteer and Cherokee and during the fourth quarter I saw something which really set me off.

As Cherokee was attempting to break Volunteer's press through the air and Wes Hortin was recieving a pass near half court, a seemingly possessed Ray Carpenter (had 10pts. in the 4th) ran strait through Mr. Horton with NO chance to get the ball. As Wes picks himself off the ground Ray ran over to the bench to recieve a high five from Coach Whittenmore. Seems odd to me...to put it lightly....

But an outside perspective which came from Tyler Seals after the game was that becuase Ray is not known for his physical play, Coach Whitt tried to reinforce this toughness, not promote brutality or cheap play.

Stokomo,

I love you and you know that...you also know that I had a son who was verbally abused by the opposition's fans for two years, he had his mother and sisters cursed and threatened by phone calls at all hours of the night, was double teamed, talked trash to, and all sorts of other things that happen on the court (that is just part of the game)....but he NEVER countered the things that bothered him by trying to hurt someone...he tried and succeeded at outplaying his opposition...he was a victim of the leg-whip last year, as was Coty, and Justin (and I have the video because I want it) but he didn't respond by trying to hurt someone, he simply led his team to victory over the Falcons...you know better and have more character than to defend that type of activity...there is a difference between physical and classless and the leg-whip is classless and an attempt to injure - period...I have never accused Coach Whitt of teaching this, but he hasn't disciplined it, either...Stokomo, I am very proud of you and you know that and you don't have to validate your character with me, I'd stand up for you anyday...but, the leg-whip and it's mentality has to stop.

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

Cap1,

I sure appreciate you and MC's dad talking with my son tonight at the game...it meant a lot to him for you all to take the time to talk with him...he has had a tough time with his knee surgery and subsequent staph infection and bloodclot, it was very nice of you all to be concerned...he really enjoyed talking with you...Thank you...and just so that you know, there is a house for sale just around the corner from me here in Kingsport...good luck the rest of the way...it is a long season and things will work out...

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

As an observer who no longer has a dog in the hunt...two examples of "not" the way to play the game (whether taught by a coach or otherwise)...both coming in the D-B vs. Volunteer game...and you can see them both on video...example #1: #44 for Volunteer posted up the aforementioned Bronson Flack and had good position to receive a pass, but decided instead that he would take his elbow up into Bronson's chin...had good position with the elbow in his chest, but made the obvious move to the chin (above his own shoulder) and this was not a quick thrown elbow, but rather an elbow placed to the chin; he was called for a foul...example #2: Cradic has the ball on the right wing, has the ball knocked away from him by Justin Sylvester, Sylvester picks up the loose ball and starts to dribble, when Cradic throws a leg whip that would be red-carded in soccer to trip Sylvester (now, Sylvester was called for a slapping foul); but the leg-whip is a normal classless maneuver from Cradic when he is ripped or guarded well and it has been for at least a couple of years...both examples are again "not" the way to play basketball, but are examples seen frequently from some of the players on the Falcons team...video examples are hard to argue with...

Roll Tribe Roll

You will not find a finer young man than Keith Cradic! I was not at the game nor have I seen your so called video evidence but I do know that Keith would not have done anything unsportsmanlike without first being provoked. I've seen to many cheap shots taken at him on the football field to know that it takes alot of provoking to get him wound up. He will get wound up and I'm glad he does because you dont back down from no one in life but it does take alot of provoking to get him there. As for coach Whitt... I would like for anyone who has any evidence whatsoever that PROVES he coaches players to play dirty or hurt another kid to come forward. I mean to make a statement that this man would intentionally have kids go out and try to take out another kid for the sake of HS basketball is ludicrous!! Set back and think about it people who could do that and sleep at night? No one, and anyone who would do that wouldn't have the character to be considered for a postion as head coach anyway. Get off of it and start playing and quit whining!!

Oh. and you Fal-con's better let me do the "ribbing" on Tennessee High for you. It could be another 10 years before you are able to beat them (in any sport). It might be hard for you to swallow all that crow. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well then rib away idiot!! It will be hard to swallow all that crow because there's not any left after all the crow THS has eaten this year! Better get them off the ladder their standing on because they are definetely setting a trend for looking over teams. As long as their on that ladder I think with your 10 year prediction you'll be buying crow to eat next year!

Thats a hilarious statement coming from you!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You have got to be the only person on this board that didnt catch on to what I meant in that statement. Next time I'll try to draw pictures just so YOU can understand. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I knew exactly what you meant!! But go get your crayons and draw all you want because you have already exposed your ignorance on here to everybody so what you say now is meaningless.