Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Stokomo,

I love you and you know that...you also know that I had a son who was verbally abused by the opposition's fans for two years, he had his mother and sisters cursed and threatened by phone calls at all hours of the night, was double teamed, talked trash to, and all sorts of other things that happen on the court (that is just part of the game)....but he NEVER countered the things that bothered him by trying to hurt someone...he tried and succeeded at outplaying his opposition...he was a victim of the leg-whip last year, as was Coty, and Justin (and I have the video because I want it) but he didn't respond by trying to hurt someone, he simply led his team to victory over the Falcons...you know better and have more character than to defend that type of activity...there is a difference between physical and classless and the leg-whip is classless and an attempt to injure - period...I have never accused Coach Whitt of teaching this, but he hasn't disciplined it, either...Stokomo, I am very proud of you and you know that and you don't have to validate your character with me, I'd stand up for you anyday...but, the leg-whip and it's mentality has to stop.

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

Been there brother...I feel ya!!

That??™s what I??™m saying! Stokomo I don??™t know you personally, but I have followed your post for some time now and have had dialogue with you on several occasions. Although we don??™t always agree I too respect your character and echo Skunks statement. You should really read it more than once. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smashmouth basketball??? That is about the silliest thing i've ever heard. I'm pretty sure that all coach Whittemore asks of his players is that they play as hard as physically possible, they play smart basketball, and they don't allow other teams to push them around. Maybe if Charlie Morgan got Bronson Flack on that plan he wouldn't be the most embarrassing player in the big nine for a third consecutive year. All i've heard for the last three years is how "this" year is gonna be his year. DB would be in serious trouble if they didn't have those other three very talented post players to rotate and leave Flack on the bench. Jordan Edwards is biggest and strongest kid in the conference AGAIN this year. But anyway I would love to hear a case made for a coach who consistently gets the most out of the players he has year in and year out more than Coach Whitt. He is an excellent coach and anyone who calls him dirty is making a fool of themselves.

And since when did u start coming in and post a bunch of garbage??? People like you do not even need to post junk like that, Putting kids down and Pumping other kids heads up. Hey tell me what the score was of Lasts nights game from TN and DB... List the scores please.

I dont think i saw Edwards name in tricitiessports.com on the listings....

Kids have off games. No1 in Tennessee is a Le'Bron James......

And second, dont just start posting that nonsence junk in here man. None of us want to hear that.

Like i said before, Its posts about Basketball, Not Specificly Pointing out a player and Doing the Negative work on here about him. I dont see you out on the court Performing the art of basketball, running you butt off almost everyday after school for 2.5 to 3.5 hrs.

If Flack was "Such the most embarrassing player in the big nine for a third consecutive year." he wouldnt be goin to play college ball. So please Get real, You and your "Hating Bronson Flack and Jordan Edwards Loving self." Bronson may give you a wave in the stand next time hes see's you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So might I.

Merry Christmas ALL

And since when did u start coming in and post a bunch of garbage??? People like you do not even need to post junk like that, Putting kids down and Pumping other kids heads up. Hey tell me what the score was of Lasts nights game from TN and DB... List the scores please.

And second, dont just start posting that nonsence junk in here man. None of us want to hear that.

Like i said before, Its posts about Basketball, Not Specificly Pointing out a player and Doing the Negative work on here about him. I dont see you out on the court Performing the art of basketball, running you butt off almost everyday after school for 2.5 to 3.5 hrs.

If Flack was "Such the most embarrassing player in the big nine for a third consecutive year." he wouldnt be goin to play college ball. So please Get real, You and your "Hating Bronson Flack and Jordan Edwards Loving self." Bronson may give you a wave in the stand next time hes see's you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So might I.

Merry Christmas ALL

Bronson would be pouring in about 20 pts. and have 5 blocked shots a game if he got to play a whole game. So would Edwards or any of the post players at DB. Under the system there if you score 10 or more points a game you've had a awsome night. And thats what Flack did last night at Bristol. Flack is a very good player for DB. I don't know where anybody would think he is a embarassment. I guess he's just one of those loser hater types.

What the heck... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Maybe you should get Cradic to help you write your posts. He does everything else at that school, and you say he's such a swell guy and all. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you put your sentences together.

Oh...and by the way...I would worry less about that "ladder" or whatever the heck you were talking about, and more about finding another Mule to ride because you only have about 2 months left on this one big boy, and then its back to the Falcons WE are all use to. WE meaning us here on the "ladder". /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

There you are up on that ladder again CAP1 overlooking teams once again, and it leads to your defeats everytime. We'll ride this mule as long as we can then we'll just get on another mule and ride over to THS and do it all over again. The old Volunteer you used to know is long gone and never to return so get used to losing CAP1.

By the way I didn't know this was a spelling BEE or grammar class forum.

There you are up on that ladder again CAP1 overlooking teams once again, and it leads to your defeats everytime. We'll ride this mule as long as we can then we'll just get on another mule and ride over to THS and do it all over again. The old Volunteer you used to know is long gone and never to return so get used to losing CAP1.

By the way I didn't know this was a spelling BEE or grammar class forum.

Look, everybody is happy that Volunteer won their first ever playoff game this year. And everybody is happy that Volunteer has a pretty good basketball team this year (by big9 standards). What you Volunteer fans should do now is at least act like you've been there before. Your basketball team would actually be better if they didn't play so rough and out of control. Your coach is a pretty good coach (by big9 standards), but he should really do something about the "redneck style". Wheather he coaches it or not he is letting it happen and there is probably no difference in the two. You really should not give Tennesse High any locker room materal because they will beat you 9 out of 10 anyway. Did the Fal-cons lose to Cherokee last night? See you are still the old Volunteer /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I see you have all your statistics right in a row there down to the "Area 1 Championship" which I knew would come up sooner or later. To set the record straight for your stats, I've never had a son play for the "coach" nor did I play against him in high school. I was already in the coaching ranks by that time my friend. I'm only stating my opinions here but I think Fox is the better of the two. Just a class act in my book. Good fundamentals, stresses teamwork, stresses academics, and as I expressed to Cap1, touches every facet of the athlete in the Dickie Warren, Buck Van Huss style. Your high school coaches will tell you that your little area 1 deal doesn't mean squat in high school. High School ball is a different animal. Competiting at that level does require some talent which I personally think Mr. Fox has. I agree that Coach Vaughn is an excellent coach and will glean every bit of talent from the boys that he can find. I just can't see Harrison filling the coaching duties like a Coach Witcher, or Dale Burns, or George Pitts that WCJC mentioned a few posts back. I had forgotten he was back in the area. Burns and Pitts..............now there are two legends. My comments are based on what his colleagues tell me and what I've seen his former players do. On the team/bench and on the floor are two entirely different things futurecougardad. It's my opinion that the boys from Blountville can outplay the Holston boys at the high school level. That Brown kid is a prime example. He's a real athlete. I did state that Albright and DeVault will get a lot of playing time. Just my opinion but observations are priceless and in this business actions speak a lot louder than words.

So Mr. Blackjack,if Blountville players can outplay Holston players,but Holston players still compete with Blountville year in and year out in middle school basketball,what does that mean about the coaching?

Blountville has more athletes year in and year out,if Blountville played Holston in pickup ball they would kill Holston,but when you get them during the season when they are both being coached,its a good game everytime. Something must affect that.

Also,Harrison does not have knuckleheads playing for him,I am not saying Fox does,but Coach Harrison does not have troublemakers on his team that don't make the grades. Get your facts straight or see the man coach and how hard his players want to play for him before you get on here making comments like the one you made.

What it all boils down to is for at least the past two years Volunteer has played very rough against almost every team they've went up against. Now I can't say for sure that the coach has been teaching this but I can say I have not seen him sit one of his players for rough play. I have not been to evey game though. I do know that almost every team thay play complains about the rough play. So Volunteer fans say they don't play this way, and everybody else says they do. So I guess the accused is right and the rest of the world is wrong? Its like skunk says, the video don't lie. And Stoko-Moron can preach till the cows come home. I am 100% correct when I say Volunteer plays rough and at times plays to injure. One of these nights they will pay a heavy price. God bless!!!

I was at the Science Hill-Volunteer game and didn't see many physical plays that would result in anything but good basketball. Cradic played a very good game, but SH was too deep to let Volunteer win. On another note, SH-Volunteer games are the only Volunteer games I have seen in the past few years. It seems like there isn't any cheap play there, but if it is the problem that everyone says it is, the cheap play was lessened due to the fact that Volunteer couldn't keep up with SH long enough to deliver physical punishment. The Toppers ran up and down the floor and left the Falcons in the dust! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bronson would be pouring in about 20 pts. and have 5 blocked shots a game if he got to play a whole game. So would Edwards or any of the post players at DB. Under the system there if you score 10 or more points a game you've had a awsome night. And thats what Flack did last night at Bristol. Flack is a very good player for DB. I don't know where anybody would think he is a embarassment. I guess he's just one of those loser hater types.

Thank YOU verymuch! someone actually takes the time to actually realize the system at DB, and what a player goes through. Thank you Waco, you are right. Appriciate it man

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

So Mr. Blackjack,if Blountville players can outplay Holston players,but Holston players still compete with Blountville year in and year out in middle school basketball,what does that mean about the coaching?

Blountville has more athletes year in and year out,if Blountville played Holston in pickup ball they would kill Holston,but when you get them during the season when they are both being coached,its a good game everytime. Something must affect that.

Also,Harrison does not have knuckleheads playing for him,I am not saying Fox does,but Coach Harrison does not have troublemakers on his team that don't make the grades. Get your facts straight or see the man coach and how hard his players want to play for him before you get on here making comments like the one you made.

I agree with you "fearless1" but I also have a question for BlackJoke 54 Did you graduate from Sullivan North in the 80's? Just wandering.

Sorry about not getting back to you Skunk.... I have had meetings with corporate for the past two nights. I hate to hear about Jo. How is he doing? And please send my best wishes to him and your whole family. Also... Sorry I did not get to go to the Basketball Reunion of sorts. I was on schedule to go but one of my managers got hurt and I had to work a double that night and the rest of the weekend (75 hours). To the whole Big Nine Family I want to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and GOD Bless!!!!

PS....When you see Tom Taylor, tell him and Ronnie that I said hello and the reason I was not there. I really wanted to be there. Was Skip there? I haven't had a chance to call him yet....... I know... it's a shame and even worse because he's my wife's uncle. But work is work, you know how it is sometimes.... Take care!!!!

So might I.

Merry Christmas ALL

Flack played very well last night, as did DB. When he plays that well they probably aren't gonna lose many if any. I'm not trying to run the kid in the ground, I just don't believe he plays up to "the hype" or his own potential very often. The nonsecure comment mostly just confuses me because it makes no sense. And as far as pointing out individual players goes, I haven't glanced at this message board lately and seen anything but Keith Cradic is dirty posts.

BTW, where is Bronson considering playing next year?

Flack played very well last night, as did DB. When he plays that well they probably aren't gonna lose many if any. I'm not trying to run the kid in the ground, I just don't believe he plays up to "the hype" or his own potential very often. The nonsecure comment mostly just confuses me because it makes no sense. And as far as pointing out individual players goes, I haven't glanced at this message board lately and seen anything but Keith Cradic is dirty posts.

BTW, where is Bronson considering playing next year?

Well, living up to the "hype" is really hard when your playing under Morgan. Just from the fact that, "When you mess up your coming out", and that really, (in my opinion) isnt a good way to play basketball. You get no Groove, no confidence, and deffinately, barely anytime to score because everyone is going to mess up here and there. Thats just basketball.

Morgan just has this weird coaching style. (it works, dont get me wrong.... but like Waco Said, 10+ points is like scoring a 20+ game) IF you played a full game.

So its hard to be consecutive. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have a little info on where Flack wants to hoop next year,

Appy State.

College of Charleston.

ETSU

North GA.

(And from his Mother, Louisville and FSU has made a few attempts to look at him)

So, im guessing he has some options.

Does anyone know if hes going to Commit Before or After the season??