• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
iamtheboonenation

Big 9 Confrence

D-B 76

Sullivan Central 24

Central scores 4 points in the 2nd half...D-B has only seen one worthy high school team, thusfar, the Admirals of Farragut.

Roll Tribe Roll

Whats the deal Skunk. Are the Indians really that good this year or are the Cougars just that bad? Four points in the entire second half has to be some kind of record??¦for both teams.

I guess we wont have to listen to all that Central crap on the boards this year??¦will we Hightop and Brock20, (aka - bballfan14). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Whats the deal Skunk. Are the Indians really that good this year or are the Cougars just that bad? Four points in the entire second half has to be some kind of record??¦for both teams.

I guess we wont have to listen to all that Central crap on the boards this year??¦will we Hightop and Brock20, (aka - bballfan14). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cap

I think the truth lies somewhere in between. Yes DB has destroyed the "compeition" of late (Volunteer, Crockett, Cherokee, Central) but the real competition they saw, Farragut, thumped them pretty good. I thought that was a "good" loss until I saw where Maryville beat them AND Bearden. Against Crockett, DB was VERY sloppy in the 2nd half and still outscored them 30-16 in the half. I think we'll see what the conference is made of this week coming up when DB goes on the road against THS and East.

FYI: I saw Tony Vaughn at the DB/Crockett game on Friday scouting for last night I'm assuming. Not sure if he was just there to see the 90 year celebration but I'm thinking he could have gotten the scouting reports off Tricitiessports.com and still got 4 points out of his team. That would have saved on a trip with gas prices being what they are these days. That's some of that outstanding Big9 "coaching" Waco always talks about. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've heard that DB gets the tourney favorite in the first round. I guess we'll be playing Gate City again this year for 7th. place.

It is team from Decater, GA. I understand two of Ralph Sampson's sons will be in the tournament. Not real good, kind of soft.

Cap,

I'd say, as maroonandgrey did, it is a combination...D-B has a very solid, deep team...still some questions, but what they have seen thusfar locally has not been very good...could have been a bad game by the other schools?...the Indians are playing very well together on both ends of the floor...could be a very good year for the Indians, but there are some really special teams in the Knoxville area...but that worry comes later in the year hopefully...

And you've got a poster trying to pick your favorite Viking, huh?...that's pretty funny...but, I see and appreciate your point that a zone based team will have to adjust to stop a shooter like Snapp...makes sense to me...even the best zones - as Coach Van Huss was a huge advocate of the match-up zone - may have to do special things for "shooters" to make their shot more difficult to get off...especially shooters who are makers (another Van Huss-ism).

Good luck to your Vikings...and Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

Luck had nothing to do with it!

not to get back on football but...luck had everything to do with it. The horrible timing of a suspension for an all state player. luck was on your side my friend

Where can I get some info on the games to be played?

eastkyexpo.com .......... Looks Great !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sorry but I had to get that off my chest because we are going to run into several others this year that are going to give us trouble (Cradic being one)

I'm sorry but if you even come near Keith Cradic he will put up a crazy shot, miss the shot, fall backwards on the floor, and have a facial expression that looks like he had just been stabbed. Most of Cradic's points come from the free throw line because of this, and you can't defend someone on the line.

I think the Cougars are just THAT BAD. Not much talent or depth there this year. I think it was you Cap who said they're on the downhill slide after 04. I concur. Nothing coming from the middle schools either and the coaching at one of them is a joke. Fox is outstanding and an excellent basketball teacher. The other guy..............well...........no comment. I imagine Central will be much quieter this year. Give their fans time to "reflect". LOL

Oh no you got me cap lol. Guess again

eastkyexpo.com .......... Looks Great !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So it's only a 1 game deal? Anybody know anything about Pikeville High?

thanks for the info

So it's only a 1 game deal? Anybody know anything about Pikeville High?

thanks for the info

Well.......their not in the "big 9", so we'll probably have our hands full.

The Vikings run the gauntlet these next three games in playing the top half of the Big 9. I guess we will get to see about where the chips are going to fall this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />