• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
iamtheboonenation

Big 9 Confrence

As an observer who no longer has a dog in the hunt...two examples of "not" the way to play the game (whether taught by a coach or otherwise)...both coming in the D-B vs. Volunteer game...and you can see them both on video...example #1: #44 for Volunteer posted up the aforementioned Bronson Flack and had good position to receive a pass, but decided instead that he would take his elbow up into Bronson's chin...had good position with the elbow in his chest, but made the obvious move to the chin (above his own shoulder) and this was not a quick thrown elbow, but rather an elbow placed to the chin; he was called for a foul...example #2: Cradic has the ball on the right wing, has the ball knocked away from him by Justin Sylvester, Sylvester picks up the loose ball and starts to dribble, when Cradic throws a leg whip that would be red-carded in soccer to trip Sylvester (now, Sylvester was called for a slapping foul); but the leg-whip is a normal classless maneuver from Cradic when he is ripped or guarded well and it has been for at least a couple of years...both examples are again "not" the way to play basketball, but are examples seen frequently from some of the players on the Falcons team...video examples are hard to argue with...

Roll Tribe Roll

What it all boils down to is for at least the past two years Volunteer has played very rough against almost every team they've went up against. Now I can't say for sure that the coach has been teaching this but I can say I have not seen him sit one of his players for rough play. I have not been to evey game though. I do know that almost every team thay play complains about the rough play. So Volunteer fans say they don't play this way, and everybody else says they do. So I guess the accused is right and the rest of the world is wrong? Its like skunk says, the video don't lie. And Stoko-Moron can preach till the cows come home. I am 100% correct when I say Volunteer plays rough and at times plays to injure. One of these nights they will pay a heavy price. God bless!!!

Oh. and you Fal-con's better let me do the "ribbing" on Tennessee High for you. It could be another 10 years before you are able to beat them (in any sport). It might be hard for you to swallow all that crow. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I predict that DB will have an easier time with East than with THS. The reason is style of play. DB is going to come straight at you and challenge you to match their talent and size (same as Science Hill), and I think everyone outside of Bluff City (and many inside) knows that that aint gonna happen. With East as I said before the season (and I still stick to it) if you stop Snapp you beat East. Coach Morgan has more than enough defensive weapons at his disposal, (Sylvester usually being the weapon of choice) and unlike Witcher he knows who and how to use them. THS on the other hand has been able to take DB away from their fast pace style and has made them set up the half court offense. So don??™t be surprise if your game doesn??™t end up more like DB vs Volunteer more so than ours.

I hope you're right on that prediction /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope you're right on that prediction /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OMG!!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Not even in the Arbys Classic have I seen a Viking team get dominated the way we did tonight in every aspect of the game! As a matter of fact I would be really surprised if I didnt see DB in the championship game of the Arbys THIS year. You guys are DEEP with a capital D!!! Very impressed!! IMO the Tribe wont lose a game before the State Tournament except maybe in the Arbys. I knew I should have moved to Kingsport...I saw this coming. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As an observer who no longer has a dog in the hunt...two examples of "not" the way to play the game (whether taught by a coach or otherwise)...both coming in the D-B vs. Volunteer game...and you can see them both on video...example #1: #44 for Volunteer posted up the aforementioned Bronson Flack and had good position to receive a pass, but decided instead that he would take his elbow up into Bronson's chin...had good position with the elbow in his chest, but made the obvious move to the chin (above his own shoulder) and this was not a quick thrown elbow, but rather an elbow placed to the chin; he was called for a foul...example #2: Cradic has the ball on the right wing, has the ball knocked away from him by Justin Sylvester, Sylvester picks up the loose ball and starts to dribble, when Cradic throws a leg whip that would be red-carded in soccer to trip Sylvester (now, Sylvester was called for a slapping foul); but the leg-whip is a normal classless maneuver from Cradic when he is ripped or guarded well and it has been for at least a couple of years...both examples are again "not" the way to play basketball, but are examples seen frequently from some of the players on the Falcons team...video examples are hard to argue with...

Roll Tribe Roll

You should put this on YouTube.

It has been said "that it is better is be thought of as ignorant than it is to open your mouth and remove all DOUBT"

CAP1 you have got to be the biggest moron I have ever heard on this forum! Do us a favor and climb under a rock somewhere so some people with intellect can get on here and converse intelligently!

"Do you think the reason that coach Morgan took Sylvester and crew out was maybe to making sure that all his starters would be able to play in the next game...HELLO!!!!!!!"

Thats a hilarious statement coming from you!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You have got to be the only person on this board that didnt catch on to what I meant in that statement. Next time I'll try to draw pictures just so YOU can understand. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You should put this on YouTube.

It is already on "Faces of Death". Very brutal.

I think the district attorney is gonna charge Keith and Coach Whittemore with premediated fouling. The plan was for Keith to lose to ball on purpose, so they could kick Sylvester. The video will show it all. Especially the video from NBC Dateline to catch a Rough Coach.

I think all the players who got one this board who actually played for Coach Whittemore and said he teaches that got Datelines attention. What a minute......no player who actually played or plays for Whittemore has every said that. Just people who hide behind screen names and lie. HMMMM.

I guess thats why Ed Bradley or Morley Safer have not been in Church Hill talking with Coach Whittemore. There is no story.

Skunk is you don't have a dog in the race. But you have video, so it seems you do have a dog in the race.

I respect Skunk and wil try to disagree politely. I've seen the video and probably should not be saying this, but he may be or already is classified as legally blind. He tries as hard as he can to play the game. He is fundamentally learning the game. His footing gets kinda quirky sometimes and he looks like a runaway train. I agree it is physical, maybe not the way we were taught Skunk, but I can name a half dozen other high school teams that play very phyiscal. But I will defend against what WACO and others have said before that we coach to "injure." Skunk, you've known me throughout the years and I feel that I do not need to validate myself or my character to WACO and some others. For the record... I have never insulted you WACO. I thought we could have a good disagreement discussion, but I see that you will go to all lengths to insult someone. I choose not to insult you and will refrain from the bait you throw. Back to Skunk...... I do agree that the leg-whip did look intentional. You must also realize that Cradic gets double and triple teamed and at times will lose his cool after being pushed around himself of which the video you speak of also shows. I remember one NBA night and Steve Nash leg-whipped someone and it looked intentional. Some times palyers get frustrated and it will get the best of you at times, but I will say again that these players are not taught to play to injure or deliberately harm any player. And please don't give that referee favoritism... if you recall..... Coach Whitt has not been on many of the referees Christmas list for some time now. GOD Bless!!!!