Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Well then rib away idiot!! It will be hard to swallow all that crow because there's not any left after all the crow THS has eaten this year! Better get them off the ladder their standing on because they are definetely setting a trend for looking over teams. As long as their on that ladder I think with your 10 year prediction you'll be buying crow to eat next year!

HE HATE ME /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokomo,

I love you and you know that...you also know that I had a son who was verbally abused by the opposition's fans for two years, he had his mother and sisters cursed and threatened by phone calls at all hours of the night, was double teamed, talked trash to, and all sorts of other things that happen on the court (that is just part of the game)....but he NEVER countered the things that bothered him by trying to hurt someone...he tried and succeeded at outplaying his opposition...he was a victim of the leg-whip last year, as was Coty, and Justin (and I have the video because I want it) but he didn't respond by trying to hurt someone, he simply led his team to victory over the Falcons...you know better and have more character than to defend that type of activity...there is a difference between physical and classless and the leg-whip is classless and an attempt to injure - period...I have never accused Coach Whitt of teaching this, but he hasn't disciplined it, either...Stokomo, I am very proud of you and you know that and you don't have to validate your character with me, I'd stand up for you anyday...but, the leg-whip and it's mentality has to stop.

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

Other than "double teamed", what else are you referring to as "part of the game"? Certainly not the part carrying over to your family. The trash talking is probably considered part of the game today, but look to what it leads to. Sorry Skunk, I dont see much sympathy for the trash talking your son received, be honest, that knife definitly cut both ways. The only place you score when talking is on the debate team.

You will not find a finer young man than Keith Cradic! I was not at the game nor have I seen your so called video evidence but I do know that Keith would not have done anything unsportsmanlike without first being provoked. I've seen to many cheap shots taken at him on the football field to know that it takes alot of provoking to get him wound up. He will get wound up and I'm glad he does because you dont back down from no one in life but it does take alot of provoking to get him there. As for coach Whitt... I would like for anyone who has any evidence whatsoever that PROVES he coaches players to play dirty or hurt another kid to come forward. I mean to make a staement that this man would intentionally have kids go out and try to take out another kid for the sake of HS basketball is ludicrous!! Set back and think about it people who could do that and sleep at night? No one, and anyone who would do that wouldn't have the character to be considered for a postion as head coach anyway. Get off of it and start playing playing and quit whining!!

If you mean he was provoked, like the ball was stolen from him on a clean play. I have not witnessed the physical play that Volunteer has been accused. So I watched the playback. I'm sure people have taken thier shots at Cradic, but from me watching the video I did not see anything of him being provoked other than getting the ball taken away. Furthermore, the kid that stole the ball could not be a more clean, fair player so I am sure that there is nothing he would have done that would have provoked.

Cap1,

I sure appreciate you and MC's dad talking with my son tonight at the game...it meant a lot to him for you all to take the time to talk with him...he has had a tough time with his knee surgery and subsequent staph infection and bloodclot, it was very nice of you all to be concerned...he really enjoyed talking with you...Thank you...and just so that you know, there is a house for sale just around the corner from me here in Kingsport...good luck the rest of the way...it is a long season and things will work out...

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk

I hate to hear about Josef. We DB fans were really treated in basketball and football to watch him for a couple of years. He always brought alot of energy to the game and it spilled over into the stands....many heart pumping moments (I still think he was in bounds on the catch in the William Blount game). I was really looking forward to keeping up with his college career and was going to try and make some games until I heard he was out. Hope all goes well for him from here on out.

By the way...were is that house located? I'm about at my tipping point in Col.Hgts with all the choking smoke from burning leaves. My family can't even go outside for any period before it becomes unbearable. I guess they are trying to smoke me out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Other than "double teamed", what else are you referring to as "part of the game"? Certainly not the part carrying over to your family. The trash talking is probably considered part of the game today, but look to what it leads to. Sorry Skunk, I dont see much sympathy for the trash talking your son received, be honest, that knife definitly cut both ways. The only place you score when talking is on the debate team.

Watchdog,

wasn't talking anything about sympathy, I was talking about doing something to injure another player...by means of the aforementioned and often used leg-whip...the point was and is there is nothing that should "bother" or "provoke" any player to utilize that type of response...I know talking on the court between players is going to happen, that was and is part of the game (and I will proudly say my sons are not shy about how they play the game...they are competitors...no sympathy looked for or asked for); but there is no excuse or reason to attempt to injure an opponent...(and there is absolutely no time that my sons have ever attempted to injure an opponent)...

other "part of the game" examples would be an elbow utilized to establish position (but doesn't need to be in the chin), properly running a man off a proper pick is a physical collision, trying to be Moses Malone and using the posterior to create space and establish position...there is just a big difference between physical and attempting to injure and the leg-whip is attempting to injure.

Roll Tribe Roll

The Cradic kid at Volunteer is a great competitor. No doubt has kept Volunteer in alot of basketball/football games the last couple of years. That leg whip deal sounds like out of character for him and should be dealt with accordingly. His ticket is punched though as he just received the Scott Niswonger scholarship which pays up to $40,000 per year to the school of his choice for 5 years so sports will probably be an afterthought for him as he also carries an extremely high GPA.

The Cradic kid at Volunteer is a great competitor. No doubt has kept Volunteer in alot of basketball/football games the last couple of years. That leg whip deal sounds like out of character for him and should be dealt with accordingly. His ticket is punched though as he just received the Scott Niswonger scholarship which pays up to $40,000 per year to the school of his choice for 5 years so sports will probably be an afterthought for him as he also carries an extremely high GPA.

Has Cradic considered athletics at the next level? What are the schools looking at him and in which sport?

Skunk

I hate to hear about Josef. We DB fans were really treated in basketball and football to watch him for a couple of years. He always brought alot of energy to the game and it spilled over into the stands....many heart pumping moments (I still think he was in bounds on the catch in the William Blount game). I was really looking forward to keeping up with his college career and was going to try and make some games until I heard he was out. Hope all goes well for him from here on out.

By the way...were is that house located? I'm about at my tipping point in Col.Hgts with all the choking smoke from burning leaves. My family can't even go outside for any period before it becomes unbearable. I guess they are trying to smoke me out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

maroonand grey,

Thanks for the kind words...he is working hard on his rehab and he hopes to be back out there next year...the house is on Belmeade Drive...nice house...

Roll Tribe Roll

Well then rib away idiot!! It will be hard to swallow all that crow because there's not any left after all the crow THS has eaten this year! Better get them off the ladder their standing on because they are definetely setting a trend for looking over teams. As long as their on that ladder I think with your 10 year prediction you'll be buying crow to eat next year!

What the heck... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Maybe you should get Cradic to help you write your posts. He does everything else at that school, and you say he's such a swell guy and all. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you put your sentences together.

Oh...and by the way...I would worry less about that "ladder" or whatever the heck you were talking about, and more about finding another Mule to ride because you only have about 2 months left on this one big boy, and then its back to the Falcons WE are all use to. WE meaning us here on the "ladder". /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />