Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Sorry about not getting back to you Skunk.... I have had meetings with corporate for the past two nights. I hate to hear about Jo. How is he doing? And please send my best wishes to him and your whole family. Also... Sorry I did not get to go to the Basketball Reunion of sorts. I was on schedule to go but one of my managers got hurt and I had to work a double that night and the rest of the weekend (75 hours). To the whole Big Nine Family I want to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and GOD Bless!!!!

PS....When you see Tom Taylor, tell him and Ronnie that I said hello and the reason I was not there. I really wanted to be there. Was Skip there? I haven't had a chance to call him yet....... I know... it's a shame and even worse because he's my wife's uncle. But work is work, you know how it is sometimes.... Take care!!!!

Stokomo,

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts for JoJo...

you were missed at the reunion...Skip was there...I got to talk with him for 15 minutes or so...looked like he can still dominate the conference...there was a pretty good turnout for the event, really good to see the people (players) return...I wish you continued success, just don't work too hard.

Merry Christmas.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you "fearless1" but I also have a question for BlackJoke 54 Did you graduate from Sullivan North in the 80's? Just wandering.

I stated my opinion gentlemen and I stand by it. As someone on here said, I'm entitled to it. As someone else, stated, who cares? High school bball is the most interesting topic here. I did not graduate from Sullivan North in the 80s. Wish I had! That would shave a few years off the old heart! But thanks for asking.

Skunk, I did not know Josef was your son. He is an excellent athelte. I had heard about his knee surgery and problems that came with it. I sure hope he gets along fine with it. You'll be in my prayers. I always enjoyed watching him play both football and bball at DB. Fine family there, sir. What is the estimation of his recovery time? How's the rehab going? Tell him an old fan said to hang in there.

I stated my opinion gentlemen and I stand by it. As someone on here said, I'm entitled to it. As someone else, stated, who cares? High school bball is the most interesting topic here. I did not graduate from Sullivan North in the 80s. Wish I had! That would shave a few years off the old heart! But thanks for asking.

Skunk, I did not know Josef was your son. He is an excellent athelte. I had heard about his knee surgery and problems that came with it. I sure hope he gets along fine with it. You'll be in my prayers. I always enjoyed watching him play both football and bball at DB. Fine family there, sir. What is the estimation of his recovery time? How's the rehab going? Tell him an old fan said to hang in there.

First of all a man in your position should not be on here writing slanderous statements about other coaches. I do not read this website but joined because some parents at central's last game said someone on the website had attacked coach harrison from holston middle. After reading your remarks, I just had to set the record straight with Facts. I would hate for individuals who do not know coach harrison to read your comments and form an opinion of him based on your trash talk. I was a coach at central when jared played there and i don't understand why you have an ax to grind. Let's look at the facts and as you say let the actions speak louder than words!! Here are the facts BlackJack!

Jared did it the right way from the very beginning. He was a gym rat off the floor and an excellent student. He was WKPT-TV scholar athlete of the week and made outstanding grades. He was a great teammate and leader. While at Central he won 2 Big Ten Titles, one outright and the other a tie with D-B. His senior year central finished second behind defending state champion Science Hill. Harrison was 1st and 2nd in the Big 10 in scoring his junior and senior years, averaging over 22 points per game. He finished second in steals behind only shane williams from the Hill. Jared had too many 30+ point nights to count, including a 31 point night against science hill and 43 on volunteer in only 3 quarters. Another fact is jared put up 42 points on national champion oak hill academy at oak hill with his aau team, it was incredible. On one of his average shooting nights from the charity stripe he still managed to set two arby's records that have not been broken some 18 years later. If you check the record books at central he is in the top 5 of most categories. Want to dispute these facts, just call Dickie Warren and he will set you straight. Harrison then signed a Division 1 scholarship to play at Campbell University despite having two almost career ending knee injuries. His first year there they went to the NCAA tourney. His third year there he was the sixth man on a team that was ranked in the top 40 in the country at one time and beat n.c. state and South Carolina that year. As a coach, Jared is on the tssaa website for winning two sectional championships. He has sent many Big 10 all-conference players to Central. Four boys in the last four years have signed basketball scholarships, in no small part of which coach harrison had a part in. Phillip Weatherford and Gabe Buchanan were two of the lastest standouts to come out of Holston and they beat Science Hill to win the conference tourney. More importantly coach harrison loves his players and cares about them as people, students, and athletes. He will suspend kids for d's and f's even if it hurts his team. Grades are more important to him. He walks the extra mile for his players, whether it be a ride or money or counseling sessions for their problems, i could go on, and would be happy to discuss it in person. As a teacher Jared's science class is a student favorite and his test scores are great, check the facts. Coach Vaughn and Coach Fox both say Jared does a phenomenal job preparing his boys every year. Lastly jared coached two of dickie warren's grandsons and dickie stated that jared is one of the finest coaches in the area and would be great running any high school basketball program. That is his opinion and it carries heavier weight than yours. The next time you want to attack one of our former great cougars, you better have some facts!

Sincerely,

An old coach

Well, living up to the "hype" is really hard when your playing under Morgan. Just from the fact that, "When you mess up your coming out", and that really, (in my opinion) isnt a good way to play basketball. You get no Groove, no confidence, and deffinately, barely anytime to score because everyone is going to mess up here and there. Thats just basketball.

Morgan just has this weird coaching style. (it works, dont get me wrong.... but like Waco Said, 10+ points is like scoring a 20+ game) IF you played a full game.

So its hard to be consecutive. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have a little info on where Flack wants to hoop next year,

Appy State.

College of Charleston.

ETSU

North GA.

(And from his Mother, Louisville and FSU has made a few attempts to look at him)

So, im guessing he has some options.

Does anyone know if hes going to Commit Before or After the season??

"LeBronson" will not play ball in college. Despite the fact that he is 6'9", he has terrible hands, no touch around the basketball, and no passing skills. The only thing he has going for him is an average midrange jumpshot, which is inconsistent to say the least. I watched him have one of the better games of his career at TN High the other night, and I would congratulate him for that, but I have also watched his playing time get less and less throughout the season because in the majority of games he doesn't produce.

And about the excuse that it is the "system", tell Thomas Harrison, Jarrod Wooten, Anuj Sharma, Tony Salyers, and others that. They all put up numbers game in and game out and never used the system as an excuse. Thomas averaged around 20 points his Junior and Senior seasons under Charlie using the same system. He just simply got the job done while the majority of the time, Bronson does not.

If Bronson ever steps on the court for Louisville, FSU, or any other relevant division 1 school, I will immediately cease watching college basketball.

Bronson should be able to help somewhere. Louisville or FSU is probably stretching it,but I think he can help a program. Anybody know when the East DB Game is? I want to know if anyone but Science Hill(if them) is even going to give DB a game. Right now they are just steamrolling,and may only lose if they get bored or something.

"LeBronson" will not play ball in college. Despite the fact that he is 6'9", he has terrible hands, no touch around the basketball, and no passing skills. The only thing he has going for him is an average midrange jumpshot, which is inconsistent to say the least. I watched him have one of the better games of his career at TN High the other night, and I would congratulate him for that, but I have also watched his playing time get less and less throughout the season because in the majority of games he doesn't produce.

And about the excuse that it is the "system", tell Thomas Harrison, Jarrod Wooten, Anuj Sharma, Tony Salyers, and others that. They all put up numbers game in and game out and never used the system as an excuse. Thomas averaged around 20 points his Junior and Senior seasons under Charlie using the same system. He just simply got the job done while the majority of the time, Bronson does not.

If Bronson ever steps on the court for Louisville, FSU, or any other relevant division 1 school, I will immediately cease watching college basketball.

Not one single player you mentioned is on the current team. If you have been to any games this year you would know that the system has changed just a little. Morgan has never substituted like he has this year. Since you are so smart tell all of us who the leading scorer is for DB and how many points they average per game. That will tell you that no single player on this years team is getting anywhere near the playing time or shot attempts as Morgans past teams. I think also that this may turn out to be the best team that Morgan has had while at DB. I know that so far this has been true. I can prove you wrong on another point about Flack. He got more playing time in the last game (Tennessee High) than he has had all season. And what was the result? You already answered that, "one of the better games of his career". So looks like he is producing more instead of less as the season advances. Flack is a good player and should play college somewhere. I don't think anybody in the big9 will end up at any major college. Why do you hate Flack so much? From everything I have heard he is very well liked at DB by everybody.

For you guys to know so much about what goes on with my son, I'd like to know where you are staying in my house because I have only 2 dependents(Bronson & my daughter). You don't know what mail is coming or from what college. You don't know what coaches I have talked to on the phone so untill you talk to me first hand don't get on here saying things you don't know are true. Bronson will play college ball I don't know where that will be and nether does he at this point. There are alot of colleges looking some are D 1. Morgan is old school and thinks the tallest is always the post. Someone on here said there are 3 other post. Morgan needs to step back and look at the dynamics of the team, use them where they are best suited. There's alot more I could say but it's pointless. You have already made up your minds about what you think will happen next year. WE will all have to wait and see WANT WE?

With a multi million dollar Taj Mahal field house DB's athletes should never be accused of needing to be stronger and faster on the field, court, track, mat or in the water. They need to hire a strength trainer that can get the most out of the facility and the athletes. Strength seems to be a common thread win DB teams or athletes take a knock. It is not uncommon to see the serious DB athletes training at other area gyms. That should never have to happen for any sport at DB. The field house has become nothing but an expensive locker room and offices for coaches.

Not one single player you mentioned is on the current team. If you have been to any games this year you would know that the system has changed just a little. Morgan has never substituted like he has this year. Since you are so smart tell all of us who the leading scorer is for DB and how many points they average per game. That will tell you that no single player on this years team is getting anywhere near the playing time or shot attempts as Morgans past teams. I think also that this may turn out to be the best team that Morgan has had while at DB. I know that so far this has been true. I can prove you wrong on another point about Flack. He got more playing time in the last game (Tennessee High) than he has had all season. And what was the result? You already answered that, "one of the better games of his career". So looks like he is producing more instead of less as the season advances. Flack is a good player and should play college somewhere. I don't think anybody in the big9 will end up at any major college. Why do you hate Flack so much? From everything I have heard he is very well liked at DB by everybody.

I see every game and the system has not changed one bit. The only difference is that Morgan happens to have a little more depth than he has in the past. I would not say this is his best team though, and anyone that would claim that is simply wrong. If you think this team could beat the 02-03 team or the 03-04 team, both of which went to the state tournament, then I happen to disagree with you.

I do not have anything against Bronson at all. I simply think that for a player of his size he should be dominating games, even if he is playing less time because of depth. Waco, I know you have a dislike for the system Coach Morgan runs and his coaching style, but regardless of depth, if a player had the abilities and did things right, don't you think Charlie would play him more minutes?

And as for Bronson's mother, I can't help but wonder if you don't have better things to do than to get on CoachT and defend him, if you are even Bronson's mother at all. If Bronson plays in college, that is great for him and I hope he will use the discounted education to do something special with his life. However, for his height and wingspan, he simply does not dominate games as much as himself and others on this board like to claim. I could make a great case that Darren Riggs commands more of the paint than does Bronson and Darren is 6'5" at best.

And since when did u start coming in and post a bunch of garbage??? People like you do not even need to post junk like that, Putting kids down and Pumping other kids heads up. Hey tell me what the score was of Lasts nights game from TN and DB... List the scores please.

I dont think i saw Edwards name in tricitiessports.com on the listings....

Kids have off games. No1 in Tennessee is a Le'Bron James......

And second, dont just start posting that nonsence junk in here man. None of us want to hear that.

Like i said before, Its posts about Basketball, Not Specificly Pointing out a player and Doing the Negative work on here about him. I dont see you out on the court Performing the art of basketball, running you butt off almost everyday after school for 2.5 to 3.5 hrs.

If Flack was "Such the most embarrassing player in the big nine for a third consecutive year." he wouldnt be goin to play college ball. So please Get real, You and your "Hating Bronson Flack and Jordan Edwards Loving self." Bronson may give you a wave in the stand next time hes see's you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So might I.

Merry Christmas ALL

Bronson, Bronson, Bronson, this is pathetic. There is no reason for you to be on here acting like you are someone else. If anyone reading this post attends Dobyns-Bennett High School they will know it's you because you tell everyone it is you. How can you bash a teammate of yours on the boards? Edwards has probably twice the muscle and work ethic you have. You run around saying you're getting scholarships from Florida State, what is up with that? You just need to quit worrying about these boards, quit trying to defend yourself, and start worrying on how to improve your inside game. Just stop acting like you live two or three hours away, beacause i know you don't leave at five in the morning just to get to school on time.

Bronson, Bronson, Bronson, this is pathetic. There is no reason for you to be on here acting like you are someone else. If anyone reading this post attends Dobyns-Bennett High School they will know it's you because you tell everyone it is you. How can you bash a teammate of yours on the boards? Edwards has probably twice the muscle and work ethic you have. You run around saying you're getting scholarships from Florida State, what is up with that? You just need to quit worrying about these boards, quit trying to defend yourself, and start worrying on how to improve your inside game. Just stop acting like you live two or three hours away, beacause i know you don't leave at five in the morning just to get to school on time.

Hmmm, ok. When did i ever bash a Dobyns-Bennett player on the boards??? Never.

Secondly, Strenth Alone doesnt make a player, All the kids a DB have an INCREDIBLE work ethic. (if they didnt, would they be on the squad?? i dont think so.)

Third, Stop assuming That person Bronsonsmum and myself is really Flack.

Fourth, Never said Scholarships..... I said LOOKS..... go and LOOK at the post yourself please. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All in all, Maybe you need to go LOOK back and reread the posts multiple times before posting on here yourself, Because never did i say i lived 2- 3 hrs away, i was talking about Workouts!!! PRACTICE, RUNNING, Sprints.... Suicides. You know, what the kids do in the months of October - November to get in shape??

Got it? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Because u need to get your stuff straight.

With a multi million dollar Taj Mahal field house DB's athletes should never be accused of needing to be stronger and faster on the field, court, track, mat or in the water. They need to hire a strength trainer that can get the most out of the facility and the athletes. Strength seems to be a common thread win DB teams or athletes take a knock. It is not uncommon to see the serious DB athletes training at other area gyms. That should never have to happen for any sport at DB. The field house has become nothing but an expensive locker room and offices for coaches.

Hire the strenth coach at Maryville. End of problem. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />