Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

I see every game and the system has not changed one bit. The only difference is that Morgan happens to have a little more depth than he has in the past. I would not say this is his best team though, and anyone that would claim that is simply wrong. If you think this team could beat the 02-03 team or the 03-04 team, both of which went to the state tournament, then I happen to disagree with you.

I do not have anything against Bronson at all. I simply think that for a player of his size he should be dominating games, even if he is playing less time because of depth. Waco, I know you have a dislike for the system Coach Morgan runs and his coaching style, but regardless of depth, if a player had the abilities and did things right, don't you think Charlie would play him more minutes?

And as for Bronson's mother, I can't help but wonder if you don't have better things to do than to get on CoachT and defend him, if you are even Bronson's mother at all. If Bronson plays in college, that is great for him and I hope he will use the discounted education to do something special with his life. However, for his height and wingspan, he simply does not dominate games as much as himself and others on this board like to claim. I could make a great case that Darren Riggs commands more of the paint than does Bronson and Darren is 6'5" at best.

Well lets see, can I think of something better a mother could do than defend her son.......

................still thinking.........

...........Nope, can't think of anything.

And look TribeAllDaWay and Tribe you are the same person. That old trick is just that , OLD!

And for the cheap shots thrown at a DB player and his Mom, You will receive the Mo-Ron of the week award.

Congradulations....................Mo-Ron

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire the strenth coach at Maryville. End of problem. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is my understanding that Alcoa doesn't have a strength coach, per se. But, Alcoa is STRONG. One of their defensive coaches set up and continues to tweak the program.

I agree that DB needs to invest in a strength position, though. That is one of several facets of the FB program that requires evaluation and appropriate change and/or adaptation.

TribeAllDaWay, Im still waiting on you to tell us who the leading scorer for DB is and how may points per game he has scored. When you get around to it then that will settle who is right (me) and who is wrong (you) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sure who the leading scorer is, but I would imagine thier average isn't very high. It could be that there aren't as many minutes going around and less shot attempts. I think with this team it has to say more about the depth. They have a deep bench which is an incredible asset to have. How many coaches would love to have the depth of DB this year. Guys may not get thier stats, but isn't really about scoring averages.

TribeAllDaWay, Im still waiting on you to tell us who the leading scorer for DB is and how may points per game he has scored. When you get around to it then that will settle who is right (me) and who is wrong (you) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waco I considered not even responding to you because you or anyone else that has any knowledge of basketball whatsoever would realize the Bronson has no future in basketball beyond high school. Seeing it any other way is just either a lack of knowledge or playing favorites.

And I don't sit at every DB game and keep the stats in my book, but I can guarantee you this. The leading scorer is NOT Bronson Flack. Your argument is that with this system, it is impossible for anyone to average 20 points a game. To that I would say, you are WRONG. With this system and these players, you are correct, averaging that many points is not going to happen. My argument is that there are no Thomas Harrison-like players on this team who can dominate a game night in and night out like he did, Bronson included.

Anyone that knows basketball will tell you that the two best post players on this DB team are 1) Jordan Edwards and 2) either Marshall Hardy or Darren Riggs. How can you defend Bronson and say he has a future and can be a solid college player when he's nothing but the 4th best post player on his own team at 6'9"??

You, my friend, are the MORON!

Waco I considered not even responding to you because you or anyone else that has any knowledge of basketball whatsoever would realize the Bronson has no future in basketball beyond high school. Seeing it any other way is just either a lack of knowledge or playing favorites.

And I don't sit at every DB game and keep the stats in my book, but I can guarantee you this. The leading scorer is NOT Bronson Flack. Your argument is that with this system, it is impossible for anyone to average 20 points a game. To that I would say, you are WRONG. With this system and these players, you are correct, averaging that many points is not going to happen. My argument is that there are no Thomas Harrison-like players on this team who can dominate a game night in and night out like he did, Bronson included.

Anyone that knows basketball will tell you that the two best post players on this DB team are 1) Jordan Edwards and 2) either Marshall Hardy or Darren Riggs. How can you defend Bronson and say he has a future and can be a solid college player when he's nothing but the 4th best post player on his own team at 6'9"??

[/quote

I will point out the mistakes in your post.

First mistake is the continued bashing of Bronson Flack, by you, as if you have some kind of personal grudge with him. Maybe he stold you girlfriend or something I don't know but I have never seen anyone claiming to be a DB fan go after a DB player like you are doing since Coacht started up. The single most hated sin on coacht is to bash a player from any team by name.

Second mistake is you still can't name who the leading scorer is and what their average points per game is. This of cource would prove that "NO" player on the current DB team gets enough minutes to score a lot of points or dominate a game. So theres no way you could posibably know if Bronson Flack could dominate a game or not, and theres no way you could know if Flack could be the leading scorer or not.

Third mistake is you could not possibly know if Bronson Flack or any other player at DB has a future in college basketball. You are leting your hate get in the way of common sinse. If Bronson Flacks mother says shes getting letters from colleges seems like he at least has a pretty good chance of going to college somewhere. At 6'9" and some skills I would think he could help someone at the next level. And thats true for the other post players at DB. I don't see any of them going to Duke or North Carolina though. I will take Flacks mothers word over yours since she would be in a position to know and you would not.

Forth mistake is calling me a "MORON". Heres how it works. Somebody makes a stupid post, I see the post, and I deside if they are eligable for the "Mo-Ron of the Day" or "Mo-Ron of the Week" award. You are not the one that desides who the Mo-Ron is, thats my job.

I will go ahead and pencil you in for the "Mo-Ron of the Day" for making all those mistakes in your last post.

Have a nice day..................Mo-Ron /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thomas Harrison NEVER had any basketball beyond high school either. This team is better than the 02-03 and 03-04 teams because they dont have a "Thomas Harrison-like" player. Colleges should use scholarships for student athletes, not the perfidious athlete.

Thomas Harrison NEVER had any basketball beyond high school either. This team is better than the 02-03 and 03-04 teams because they dont have a "Thomas Harrison-like" player. Colleges should use scholarships for student athletes, not the perfidious athlete.

Watchdog,

Yes he did, Thomas did have college basketball after high school...and what colleges should do and what they actually do certainly isn't your call...and I find perfidious to be an grossly inaccurate discription of Thomas...what other athletes do you plan on attempting to inaccurately slam today or is this a day to inaccurately talk about the Field House?...this is the Christmas season, try look for something positive, please...

Roll Tribe Roll

NEVER thought I would have to get WaCo??™s back, but as cynical as many of his posts usually are he still makes more sense and seems to know much more about DB basket ball than most of the CLOWNS that have been rambling on the last couple of pages of this thread.

From the outside looking in??¦there is NO DOUBT that #44 Branson will play at the next level if he chooses to. I have observed him for the last couple of years and IMO his coordination has now caught up with his size and he has improved drastically even just from last season. I watched him in the THS game and (simply put) he is a force and would improve any team he played on this year. Seems like allot of jealousy going on in them Teepee??™s down in Kingsport.

Waco is also right about the coaching style of Coach Morgan. If you know anything about the man you know that he is a prot?©g?© of the great Coach Pitts, and that is the way they do it. They pull their players out in the first half if they make the slightest mistake, challenging them to give 110% and take advantage of every second that they are on the court. That??™s the way they motivate the kids to play harder AND IT WORKS with most!! I know about this system first hand because my son plays under Pitts and it gets frustrating for all parties at times, but again I say IT WORKS. Under this system any player that gets playing time has a chance to be high scorer on any given night because they will always allow the hot hand a little grace on his mistakes as long as he is making his shots (like Branson was the other night against the Vikings). But you best believe that when the game is on the line both coaches will have their horses in.

Id like to end by saying WHY IN THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS BICKERING??¦YOU BY FAR HAVE THE BEST TEAM ON THE COURT AT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your entire starting five (and probably the first two off the bench) will all make the first or second All Big 9 team this year!! You guys are never satisfied and your jealousy shows through in your posts, because you truly have nothing to be upset or disappointed or disgusted or anything!!! Your team is U-N-D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D, your Coach is doing his job, and they look to be headed to the State Tournament! If you want to have something to argue and be upset about go to any of the other 8 schools in the Big 9 and you will probebly have plenty. Your coaches and athletes represent your school VERY well EVERY year. Why don??™t you return the favor by having all little respect? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not one single player you mentioned is on the current team. If you have been to any games this year you would know that the system has changed just a little. Morgan has never substituted like he has this year. Since you are so smart tell all of us who the leading scorer is for DB and how many points they average per game. That will tell you that no single player on this years team is getting anywhere near the playing time or shot attempts as Morgans past teams. I think also that this may turn out to be the best team that Morgan has had while at DB. I know that so far this has been true. I can prove you wrong on another point about Flack. He got more playing time in the last game (Tennessee High) than he has had all season. And what was the result? You already answered that, "one of the better games of his career". So looks like he is producing more instead of less as the season advances. Flack is a good player and should play college somewhere. I don't think anybody in the big9 will end up at any major college. Why do you hate Flack so much? From everything I have heard he is very well liked at DB by everybody.

Heres an idea, why argue about stats, instead just do a little research and compare the playing time between the players he mentioned to the ones on the team this year? then either yours or his point will be proven

Well thanks Cap1. I'll return the favor. I think what your seeing with the bickering is not betwen DB fans, but between DB fans and the Poser DB fans. DBWATCHDOG has proven many times on here that he is no fan of DB. I will always take these people to the end of the earth even if the argument last 2 years.

Skunk, I didn't even know what "perfidious" means, so I knew DBWATCHDOG didn't.

bballfan14, The argument for all intent's and purposes, the argument is over. I am right and he is wrong. Its really that simple. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here's the difference Wacoidiot, during Thomas's junior and senior year, DB was just as deep at post as they are now. The reason Thomas averaged around 20 points is not because he was one of Morgan's "favorites" or because the system was any different. It was because Thomas was a PLAYER and did things at 6'5" that Bronson can't even do at 6'9". Anyone who has spent any time around Charlie or his system would know how he runs things. You do things his way or you don't play. Well, an exception to that was Thomas. Thomas did what Thomas wanted to do, but when the lights came on, Thomas produced. No matter what he did in practice or trouble off of the court, Charlie had no choice but to play him because he was a gamer and you knew what you were going to get out of him night in and night out. As I said, this team does not have any Thomas Harrison-like players, therefore no one will come remotely close to averaging 20 points per game. And to the clown that said this team was better than the 02-03 and 03-04 teams, you are nuts.

Tell me this, who on this team is going to guard the guys from that team? The 02-03 team would beat this team by at least 15 points in a scrimmage. Let me spell this out for you, the starting 5 on the 02-03 team was:

PG: Joey Blackwell

SG: Azmar Blye

SG: Henry Williams

F: Jarrod Wooten

F: Thomas Harrison

All 5 of those guys went on to play some form of basketball after college, if even for a little while. You students need to get off the computers and get back to studying or passing notes to your girlfriends because your defending of Bronson is not going to work with me. Why don't you spend your time defending Marshall Hardy, who Charlie called his "most improved player" and has already put up 20 points in a game, under the same system that Bronson plays in, yet he has never done that in his career.