Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCJC, had to laugh at you arguing with yourself. I had a visual on that one. Good comment there. Guess we all need to make up a list of names if we feel "uncomfortable" stating our opinions with the original screen name. At my age, you say whatever the heck you want to and let the chips fall!

Cap, my man, guess my inside info gives me away. The answer to your guess is a yes and I'll leave it at that. I'm an old timer. I come from back in the day when if you shot a 3 pointer it was ok but not a necessity. Our kids played good clean ball, the parents respected us coaches, and the kids worked their butts off and didn't whine. Good coverage, clean blocks, and full court presses made it a game. Not the block and tackle stuff going on today. We developed the complete athlete. The kids had a bit of religion and it wasn't just a "oh God help me make this shot!" uttered at the charity stripe!

Now The Red Baron can tell you some tales along those lines. He was a player. So was his buddy Crowder and I wish I could remember some of the rest of them. I was in the Boro for that state game and it was outstanding. The fans were respectful but it was different back in the day.

My opinion is that the most successful kids and teams today, act like teams. There's none of this "look at me and see what I did" crap. Ain't no I in team. Trite but true. The coaches with discipline like Witcher and Morgan get a little flack every now and then but they are big men and can work through it. You got to develop the whole athlete like Coach Warren used to do. He was after them at every turn. Checked their grades, talked with them, cared. A real coach does that. It is a small world. I cannot believe Baron has kids in the 4th grade and even older! Heaven help me and get my wheelchair ready.

Like to know your opinions. I've read your posts for a while and like I told the kid from Central, you have a good knowledge base of bball in the area. Guess age and wisdom brings that.

Oh, and we'll see who has lunch money at the end of the game as you said. My money is on Cross, Snapp, and their colleagues at East. Those kids are a team and are a friendly bunch to boot. Fans are nice too. I might even mosey on out to see that one. Good luck to your team, Cap1.

come on out blackjack and enjoy the game ill share my popcorn with ya and we will just enjoy a good ball game and let the kids play good clean ball and make their own patch on the out come of the game" path " not patch hope we dont need any of those but might in some later games lol but thats all i will say

Might just do that Big9. But don't get no butter on the popcorn cause ole BlackJack got the dunlop disease and can't handle butter! Oh the boys won't need no patches in the Patriot Palace tonight. Might as well be called the RoundHouse because that's what I think they're going to give to the opponent. A good Roundhouse kicking.

Reminds me of the Chuck Norris lines going around.

The Patriots don't sleep; they just wait.

The Patriots don't do push ups. They push the world down.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the Pats but I like other teams too. Roby is a good coach and an old friend of mine. He's a class act so I got to support all the young men. But I like it when an underdog comes into his own. Know what I mean? By night's end so will some others. heh heh heh I like it when a plan comes together.

come on out blackjack and enjoy the game ill share my popcorn with ya and we will just enjoy a good ball game and let the kids play good clean ball and make their own patch on the out come of the game" path " not patch hope we dont need any of those but might in some later games lol but thats all i will say

Hmmmm... Best to wear pads and a helmet.

very nice job central you look like your team is connecting with eachother but east played a good game and as for the crossboy lol all i can say is i have some leftover triple salted popcorn for you brock20 being you may be alil short on lunch money this week lol wtg pats you played average ball but play like you all can

BlackJoke54, how do you know what the Central fans are like on here? I am guessing you are one of the people like Cap1 who make ridiculous statements, get blasted, then have to come back on here under a different name.

And are you actually saying that Holston Middle's coach, Jared Harrison, is not very good? The same guy who played at Campbell college the year they made it to the NCAA tournament and was one of the best players to ever come through this area? Jared has had plenty of chances to coach at other schools but has turned them down. For you to make a statement like shows how little you know. I have played for both Jared and Coach Fox and while I think Coach Fox is a great motivator, Coach Harrison is on a different level when it comes to middle school coaches.

My advice BlackJoke54, quit making ridiculous comments like how the Cross boy from East is going to be one of the better players in the conference this year (he is at least a year away from being a factor) or start trying to come up with another terrible nickname on here.

As for Central, it obviously doesn't look like we are going to win the conference this year. We are not as bad as the scores againist SH an DB have been though. We just have too many young guys who have to play too much. All the coaches know that we only have 3 guys who played any varsity minutes last year so they have keyed on them pretty hard. We are not DB and SH who can just reload every year from the JV, we played a lot of seniors last year because it gave us the best chance to win then, now it is hurting us. As a coach that is a sacrifice you have to make sometimes. I still think we have 2 of the better players in the conference with J-Rock and Kaiko and I think once the younger guys learn to not quit when the first few minutes of the game don't go their way then we will be ok. I have seen almost every team in the conference and I think it is pretty clear that DB and SH are way better than everyone else.

brock20 i will agree with blackjack54 on the cross kid. i was at the game tonight looked like a double double for him in points and assist. also i agree with black jack54 don't down a player before you play them or like he said you will be out of lunch money!!! by the way your brother did have a good game tonight. but cross is one of the better players in the conference even though he will have 3 years togo after this year

Good game between the Central and East tonight. Central really shot the ball well. BRock, you brother played an excellent game, shot the lights out. How many did he knock down tonight? Congrats to both teams for a thrilling game.

It was a good game. I think he had 16. But we are having the same problem that we had last year with Hess. We have trouble getting the ball to the guy(s) who need it in crunch time. The good thing is I think we are improving every time we play. But unfortunately for these seniors I don't think they are going to see any of the benefits til next year.

very nice job central you look like your team is connecting with eachother but east played a good game and as for the crossboy lol all i can say is i have some leftover triple salted popcorn for you brock20 being you may be alil short on lunch money this week lol wtg pats you played average ball but play like you all can

East did not play average tonight, Isaac did. Some of the other East players had career nights. Don't try to make it look like East played a bad game and somehow snuck away with one because it was not like that. Both teams played pretty well except Isaac didn't have the 30 some points like he did against TN High (although I am pretty sure he still had around 20).

Big9Ball, you are obviously related to the kid or are friends with him and if you want to talk him up that is fine, but ask yourself this, was he one of the top 5 players on the court tonight? I think it is obvious that the answer is no.

But I think you have somehow taken my comment about him not being a factor and stretched it to me saying he is no good which is not what I said and also not what I think. I think he is playing well for a freshman, but he is definitely not one of the top players in the area this year like you have stated numerous times in your post.