Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

The only thing that is true in that statement is the fact that Bronson is "just a big kid"...and to me that is scary. It??™s hard to believe that at 6'9" and 210 lbs he is still growing. And believe me, the college scouts also take that into consideration. Turnbul has to be one of my all time favorite athletes but I don't know much about Albright. But I'm willing to bet that Flack will get the most and best looks for basketball hands down. I can't imagine that point even being argued by a rational person.

"rational" being the key word /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-9" 155lbs. ??????

Try 6'9" 210 lbs.

You can't get anything right /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You chose not to respond to my prediction that Bronson will be the 3rd highest scoring post, at best, on this years DB team. Wonder why?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

While that may be true with some people, my intention is not to make this about Jordan Edwards. My argument is that simply for his height (I would say size, but he is about 6'9", 155 lbs) he does not dominate games like he should. Regardless of his minutes, he should be dominating. I made the argument earlier and "Bronson's mom" even agreed that Bronson is not the best post player on this team. She said Hardy was, which I think he is the 2nd or 3rd best behind Edwards, but that's not the point. Waco wants to talk numbers, so let's talk numbers. At the end of this season, I guarantee you that Bronson will not be the 1st or 2nd scoring leader among DB's post players. All 4 of them play about the same amount of minutes, so at the end of the year we will check the numbers and see who did the most with the time they had. I guarantee you it will not be Flack.

Heres the reason I didn't respond to your so called prediction, because its not even a prediction. You said you guaranteed it. Read your own post.

Of cource you haven't been right on any point yet so Im not worried you will be right on this one either. I wonder how you could posibably know who will have the most playing time by the end of the season. Are you pals with God?

But with that said, this just keeps getting deeper and deeper with your every post. My question is why do you hate Bronson Flack and why do you seek to divide this team?

I'll jump in /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I don't really know what the discussion is on Flack but I will say that Bronson will more than likely play college ball if he wants to. FSU, probably not, but he will go somewhere. When he goes to these camps and they see he 6'9, can dribble and has a nice touch around the basket and a little beyond, they are not going to care about his high school stats. Someone is going to give him a shot.

As for the argument that this year's DB team is better than the 02-03 team, I will have to agree that the 02-03 team is better. Someone put the starting lineup for that team on here and while that was pretty impressive you also have to remember that they had Seth Jervis (who played at Milligan) and Lamon Williams (a great athlete). Plus the fact that Thomas Harrison may have been the best player to play in this area in the last 7 or 8 years. I mean, if you put the 2 teams head to head, who would be able to guard Harrison? I also don't think that this years DB team has a guy who could handle the ball as well as Azmar could either.

If anybody would like to talk about any of the other big9 teams feel free to jump right in here. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm just got done going through this thread and can honestly say that I'm apalled by the way some of you can get on here and bash any "KID"!! First it was the Keith Cradic roast and know its the Flack Bronson roast. I don't have a dog in the hunt for basketball but I do like to keep tabs on my sons school and how they do in other sports. I have never nor will I ever get on here and talk about anyones kids out of respect for #1, them and #2, their parents and family. All of you people on here bashing these "KIDS" need to take a reality break and realize its just a game and its being played by "KIDS". I'm glad I dont have a dog in this hunt because it sounds to me like alot you personally know one another so I assume it wouldn't take much to find you, why do I say this? Cause if you were bashing my kid like this you surely would not want to meet me personally!! Merry Christmas and give the "KIDS" a break.

If anybody would like to talk about any of the other big9 teams feel free to jump right in here. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Big game with the boys on the Hill tonight for my Vikings. Have to be able to handle the JC press in order to even have a chance. My guess is that unless they can keep it out of Corey??™s hands that won??™t be a problem. The Vikings need someone to step up as a scorer on this team??¦A LOT of shots being (literally) passed up. Hopefully the Hilltoppers won??™t be hitting their shots with the same percentage of accuracy as the Indians did earlier in the week.

Big game also at East tonight.

I'm just got done going through this thread and can honestly say that I'm apalled by the way some of you can get on here and bash any "KID"!! First it was the Keith Cradic roast and know its the Flack Bronson roast. I don't have a dog in the hunt for basketball but I do like to keep tabs on my sons school and how they do in other sports. I have never nor will I ever get on here and talk about anyones kids out of respect for #1, them and #2, their parents and family. All of you people on here bashing these "KIDS" need to take a reality break and realize its just a game and its being played by "KIDS". I'm glad I dont have a dog in this hunt because it sounds to me like alot you personally know one another so I assume it wouldn't take much to find you, why do I say this? Cause if you were bashing my kid like this you surely would not want to meet me personally!! Merry Christmas and give the "KIDS" a break.

You are 100% correct /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WOW...we finally agree on something. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> It's got to be the Christmas spirit in the air. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll jump in /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I don't really know what the discussion is on Flack but I will say that Bronson will more than likely play college ball if he wants to. FSU, probably not, but he will go somewhere. When he goes to these camps and they see he 6'9, can dribble and has a nice touch around the basket and a little beyond, they are not going to care about his high school stats. Someone is going to give him a shot.

As for the argument that this year's DB team is better than the 02-03 team, I will have to agree that the 02-03 team is better. Someone put the starting lineup for that team on here and while that was pretty impressive you also have to remember that they had Seth Jervis (who played at Milligan) and Lamon Williams (a great athlete). Plus the fact that Thomas Harrison may have been the best player to play in this area in the last 7 or 8 years. I mean, if you put the 2 teams head to head, who would be able to guard Harrison? I also don't think that this years DB team has a guy who could handle the ball as well as Azmar could either.

We haven??™t even scratched the surface of what Justin Sylvester is capable of because of Coach Morgan??™s system and the fact that he is surrounded by talent. If he were on any other team he would be the top prospect in this are hands down. Just my educated opinion. I have seen this kid make some unbelievable plays throughout the years in AAU. Trust me??¦he can handle the rock.

Hear's why I think this years "team" is better.

The listed starting line up rot the 02-03 team:

Joey Blackwell

Azmar Blye

Henry Williams

Jarrod Wooten

Thomas Harrison

This years starting line up:

Todd Halverson

Jamel Williams

Tremell McGue

Adam Lytle

Dustin McConnell

Darren Riggs

Bronson Flack

Jordan Edwards

Marshall Hardy

Justin Sylvester

Reed King

Theres strength in numbers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hear's why I think this years "team" is better.

The listed starting line up rot the 02-03 team:

Joey Blackwell

Azmar Blye

Henry Williams

Jarrod Wooten

Thomas Harrison

This years starting line up:

Todd Halverson

Jamel Williams

Tremell McGue

Adam Lytle

Dustin McConnell

Darren Riggs

Bronson Flack

Jordan Edwards

Marshall Hardy

Justin Sylvester

Reed King

Theres strength in numbers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waco you are an idiot. If you want to compare teams then let's do it:

PG: Joey Blackwell vs Tremell McGue. Advantage 02-03.

SG: Azmar Blye vs Todd Halvorsen. Advantage 02-03.

SG: Henry Williams vs Justin Sylvester. Advantage 02-03.

F: Jarrod Wooten vs. Marshall Hardy. Advantage 02-03.

F: Thomas Harrison vs. Jordan Edwards. Advantage 02-03.

Bench:

02-03 -- Seth Jervis, Lamon Williams, Phillip Tritapoe, David Begley, Ryan Blackwell, Walker Throp (may be some others I'm missing)

07-08 -- Jamel Williams, Adam Lytle, Dustin McConnell, Darren Riggs, Bronson Flack, Reed King, Darius Davis, Jerry Long (may be some others)

Now that you have seen the "100% correct" comparison, just a few notes. The only questionable advantage I gave in the starting lineups was to Henry Williams over Justin Sylvester. And here are my reasons for that:

1. Henry could shoot the ball better.

2. Henry was bigger.

3. Henry was a longer defender which caused more problems.

4. Henry was an excellent, all-conference player in college.

Now, with that said, before Justin's career is finished, he could pass up Henry and be a better player, but there is nothing that would justify listing him as a better player at this point.

Brock, you are correct that noone in the area could handle the ball as well as Azmar except for maybe Joey Blackwell, who happened to be on his team. The 02-03 team would beat this years team down in all facets of the game. They had better ball handlers, shooters, and much better all around post play.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason everyone is so obsessed with this year's DB team is that they are so much better than the other area teams. Granted, this is probably a fact, all though Science Hill may have something to say about that. However, DB has played 1 good team to this point, Farragut, and got their brains beat out, and that was without Farragut's football players. Coach Morgan likes to say that his teams aren't ready until mid-January. That may be the case. Either way, this team has played 1 good team, and lost to that team by 20 or so points.