Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard the voice of Paul Overbay on the radio before the game saying he was taking over for Tom Taylor and would be the voice of DB basketball the rest of the season I started shaking violently and had to pull over and throw up beside the road. How could this happen. The best announcer in the area being replaced by the worst announcer the world has ever known. This is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of DB sports. This guy is a absolute embarrassment to the entire area. Surly this will not stand. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Waco

I have to disagree about the worst thing to ever happen in the history of DB sports. I can think of some others: trying to pass and scramble at the goal line instead of lining up and punching the ball in during the William Blount game last year and putting it all on a kicker! Or the Shipley basketball team that was #1 in state and putting in a 5'4" point guard who got his lunch ate by Mr Basketball Sylvester Ford (Skunk can probably correct me but I think DB had a double digit lead against Memphis Fairley when Shipley subbed and DB was losing before he subbed back...at least that's how I remember it). Or choosing to go ahead and play the MoWest (Little Man Stewart) playoff game on a soaked fied instead of postponing until the next day. Or totally mishandling the pitching staff in (insert year here) and seeing Science Hill lose the conference title only to come back and make 2 straight trips to Murfreesboro (what WAS Tyler Joyce not use the last week or so of the '07 season?). So on, so on, so on....but yeah this is pretty low. My memory is probably a little fuzzy and I could be wrong on some or most of those situations but you get the point. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Seriously, we go from THE best announcer bar none of any high school team I have ever heard to ....well...not the best announcer anyone has ever heard. I talked with Tom before the Crockett game and he said there was some interest from a college but he assured me 99.9% that he would be there. this had to do with the format change and him having to spin county records in the morning...it's all Bill Meade's fault! He created this silly sports monster thing for an ego boost and they put Tom on playing country music which wasn't his thing...he was more of the community spokesman not Wolf man jack! I can't blame him for moving on. I can't figure out how he hung in this long with all the disappointment he has had to endure from football, baseball, and basketball. You would have thought the odds were pretty good that one of those could have given DB a champion somewhere

Waco

I have to disagree about the worst thing to ever happen in the history of DB sports. I can think of some others: trying to pass and scramble at the goal line instead of lining up and punching the ball in during the William Blount game last year and putting it all on a kicker! Or the Shipley basketball team that was #1 in state and putting in a 5'4" point guard who got his lunch ate by Mr Basketball Sylvester Ford (Skunk can probably correct me but I think DB had a double digit lead against Memphis Fairley when Shipley subbed and DB was losing before he subbed back...at least that's how I remember it). Or choosing to go ahead and play the MoWest (Little Man Stewart) playoff game on a soaked fied instead of postponing until the next day. Or totally mishandling the pitching staff in (insert year here) and seeing Science Hill lose the conference title only to come back and make 2 straight trips to Murfreesboro (what WAS Tyler Joyce not use the last week or so of the '07 season?). So on, so on, so on....but yeah this is pretty low. My memory is probably a little fuzzy and I could be wrong on some or most of those situations but you get the point. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Seriously, we go from THE best announcer bar none of any high school team I have ever heard to ....well...not the best announcer anyone has ever heard. I talked with Tom before the Crockett game and he said there was some interest from a college but he assured me 99.9% that he would be there. this had to do with the format change and him having to spin county records in the morning...it's all Bill Meade's fault! He created this silly sports monster thing for an ego boost and they put Tom on playing country music which wasn't his thing...he was more of the community spokesman not Wolf man jack! I can't blame him for moving on. I can't figure out how he hung in this long with all the disappointment he has had to endure from football, baseball, and basketball. You would have thought the odds were pretty good that one of those could have given DB a champion somewhere

It is a sad day when Tom Taylor is no longer doing play by play. He definitely got hosed when they switched formats. His show before the format change was entertaining and community promoting. Now we have the Sports Monster. If you want to know what they're talking about, they get 90% of thier material from ESPN radio. No originality whatsoever.

Why did DB fans get kicked out of the game?

East set a little trap for DB last night and the Indians fell for it. East was fired up and their fans were there in full force. At one point during the contest the game had to be stoped and a police officer came out and moved the East fans back away from the court. That was the atmosfere. DB seamed "wide eyed" through the entire first half. I think they thought they would just show up, win by 30 and go back to the house. Or maybe they were thinking ahead to their trip to Kentucky today. Either way, they were not ready to play last night. The refs were terable on both sides. East has a pretty good team, but I think they played way above their heads last night. I still think its between the Toppers and the Indians with Tennesse High and East playing for third.

Waco, I have had more time than I knew what to do with this morning and I went through tricitiessports.com and figured out scoring averages through last night. It is suprising how right you are. Most of the team is between 4.5 and 9.8 with no one averaging double figures. I have only been to one game this year but the stats showed me that every night somebody different steps up as the leading scorer.

Waco, I have had more time than I knew what to do with this morning and I went through tricitiessports.com and figured out scoring averages through last night. It is suprising how right you are. Most of the team is between 4.5 and 9.8 with no one averaging double figures. I have only been to one game this year but the stats showed me that every night somebody different steps up as the leading scorer.

Nobody said Waco was wrong about the scoring averages. But, since you have the stats already figured out, how about you tell us where Bronson Flack stands on that list? Oh, and Waco, how many points did Flack have last night? Overbay on the radio said 2, but I am with the other guys on here and it is a complete travesty that Tom Taylor is gone.

Nobody said Waco was wrong about the scoring averages. But, since you have the stats already figured out, how about you tell us where Bronson Flack stands on that list? Oh, and Waco, how many points did Flack have last night? Overbay on the radio said 2, but I am with the other guys on here and it is a complete travesty that Tom Taylor is gone.

He's in between 4.5 and 9.8 along with most of the rest of the team.

You know I love to argue with people on here. Especially when those people are wrong as often as you are. Its kinda like taking candy from a baby. But I am really getting this sick feeling everytime I see TribeAllDaWay. I can't remember a time on CoachT that a poster has bashed a player from any school like you are doing. Why don't you give it a rest. Everybody is tired of it.

You know I love to argue with people on here. Especially when those people are wrong as often as you are. Its kinda like taking candy from a baby. But I am really getting this sick feeling everytime I see TribeAllDaWay. I can't remember a time on CoachT that a poster has bashed a player from any school like you are doing. Why don't you give it a rest. Everybody is tired of it.

Waco you really are funny you know. You come on here and say what you wanna say and claim that your opinion is 100% right all the time, no matter what, but when someone calls you on something like I have you resort to talking about me bashing a player and how you are tired of it. I will leave it alone when you answer my question and stop dancing all around it. I have held constant in my observance that Bronson is simply the 4th best post on his own team, therefore will not play D-1 basketball and will not be a factor at any college school. Listening to the game last night, all 3 other posts had more points, played more minutes, and were bigger factors in the game than was Bronson. I have maintained that I do not have anything against the kid personally, don't even know him. All I know is what I see on the court and what I read on here about him going around the DB halls telling students he is going to FSU.

You know Waco, maybe you have a grandson on the DB team. Could it be one Bronson Flack? Maybe that's why you are so old, but yet so obsessed with talking about DB sports and defending Bronson.

It's good to know you have that sick feeling when you see my name. Maybe because I am the 1 person that has an argument that you can't counter other than to come after me personally instead of what I am saying. Hmm.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Waco you really are funny you know. You come on here and say what you wanna say and claim that your opinion is 100% right all the time, no matter what, but when someone calls you on something like I have you resort to talking about me bashing a player and how you are tired of it. I will leave it alone when you answer my question and stop dancing all around it. I have held constant in my observance that Bronson is simply the 4th best post on his own team, therefore will not play D-1 basketball and will not be a factor at any college school. Listening to the game last night, all 3 other posts had more points, played more minutes, and were bigger factors in the game than was Bronson. I have maintained that I do not have anything against the kid personally, don't even know him. All I know is what I see on the court and what I read on here about him going around the DB halls telling students he is going to FSU.

You know Waco, maybe you have a grandson on the DB team. Could it be one Bronson Flack? Maybe that's why you are so old, but yet so obsessed with talking about DB sports and defending Bronson.

It's good to know you have that sick feeling when you see my name. Maybe because I am the 1 person that has an argument that you can't counter other than to come after me personally instead of what I am saying. Hmm.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OK I'll take the bate.

After all it's just like taking candy from a baby. You did get something right this time. I am 100% correct. I have answered your question about Bronson Flack so many times I lost count. So has just about everybody else. "wheres the love" just answered it again for you. How could you be so dumb. Why do you think by using last nights game as a example is going to change anybodys mind? He didn't get in the game last night as much as some of the other players, he didn't have many points last night, big deal. At Tennessee High he did and some of the other guys didn't. Today it might be someone else. And next week it will probably be sombody else. Thats the way its been all year. Everybody knows this by now except you.

I don't know how you can say you have nothing against a player when every post you make is bashing that player. You have to be bi-polar or something.

You don't even go to DB games. You said all you know is what you see on the court and then you talk about "listining" to the game last night. Then you say your info comes from reading post on here, when the only negative post about Flack has come from you. Nobody is dancing here except you. You have got to be the Dumbest "person" on CoachT!

Now where is my cain, I got to go Christmas shopping for all my grandchildren.

What a Mo-Ron this guy is.

You know.....Im not even going to wait until January 1 to name the Mo-Ron of the year (2007). VolmanScott and all the rest of you that have received the "Mo-Ron of the Day" and "Mo-Ron of the Week" awards all year let up towards the end and let TribeAllDaWay take a comanding lead. He is so far ahead now no other person has a chance.

So congradulations TribeAllDaWay. The 2007 Mo-Ron of the year!

who would of thought it would of been a "poser" DB fan to win it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />