Where Can I Get a Copy of the Forum Rules?

Hey everyone,

Can you let me know where I can find a copy of the forum by-laws? Do we need to sign off on anything? Unfortunately, I started a post that was considered "inappropriate" by a moderator and I was clueless that it would be bad.

I apologize to the moderators, the coaches involved, any of their players or parents that read this, and most of all to YOU---the loyal readers of Coacht.com. I hope my mistake doesn't cast a bad light on this wonderful source of information.

Go BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot!!

I do have one question though. Rule 19 states "Be Welcomed: If you are looking for a message board that encourages civilized discussion and a relaxed environment, this is your place to be." I thought my content was civilized but the response I got was anything but relaxed. What gives???

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

Thanks a lot!!

I do have one question though. Rule 19 states "Be Welcomed: If you are looking for a message board that encourages civilized discussion and a relaxed environment, this is your place to be." I thought my content was civilized but the response I got was anything but relaxed. What gives???

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

From experience, discussions of coaches on hot seats are anything but civilized discussion, and I am sure all moderators will agree.

Plus, my opinion is that the coaches do not get paid for the time and energy it takes to coach high school football now, much less reading on message boards about their job being on the line and idiocy that usually is involved with the discussion.

From experience, discussions of coaches on hot seats are anything but civilized discussion, and I am sure all moderators will agree.

Plus, my opinion is that the coaches do not get paid for the time and energy it takes to coach high school football now, much less reading on message boards about their job being on the line and idiocy that usually is involved with the discussion.

Oh, I get it. Its not so much what I posted---which was reasoned and not bashing---but the response that could have erupted. Exhibit A was lcaknightsd's unreasonable temper tantrum.

Again, all apologies to the moderators and all the fans out there. I was just trying to get an interesting discussion going.

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

I closed it because from experience these things get bad really fast. Coaches work really hard without much financial reward and the last thing we need is a public forum to bash them. I note that you are new and you may not be aware of what has happened in the past.

Feel free to discuss football topics etc, but generally once it targets players or coaches on a personal level we shut it down. Your thread had the potential to get really brutal even if you yourself did not intend ot to be that way.

Thanks a lot!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

After reading the rules of the site, no advertising. The site is full of advertising and I understand why. However, what I hate is the pop up ads, such as the ugly girl on the Classmates site. Warning don't ever click on one of the advertisers, you may be sorry.

However, I agree no discussion on the potential HS coaches on the hot seat.

And, yes, you are very right. High school coaches don't typically get payment they deserve for all of their time and hard work. However, high school football is big business and sometimes the biggest figures in the game---the coaches---are in the spotlight, for good or for bad.

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

Oh, I get it. Its not so much what I posted---which was reasoned and not bashing---but the response that could have erupted. Exhibit A was lcaknightsd's unreasonable temper tantrum.

Again, all apologies to the moderators and all the fans out there. I was just trying to get an interesting discussion going.

GO BIG RED!!!

Randy Denton

Thats' exactly what I am saying, bigredmachine78 you need to think about what you post. The rules are clear and simple, most schools love their coaches and they put in enormous amounts of time into what they do. NFL coaches get paid millions to be on a hot seat, highschool coaches get gas money.

After reading the rules of the site, no advertising. The site is full of advertising and I understand why. However, what I hate is the pop up ads, such as the ugly girl on the Classmates site. Warning don't ever click on one of the advertisers, you may be sorry.

As someone who has worked in advertising for years, I can assure you that CoachT thrives and survives on users clicking on the advertisements!!! Do you appreciate this site? Do you want it to continue to exist? If you do, please don't encourage people not to use the advertising.

GO BIG RED!!!!

Randy Denton

Thats' exactly what I am saying, bigredmachine78 you need to think about what you post. The rules are clear and simple, most schools love their coaches and they put in enormous amounts of time into what they do. NFL coaches get paid millions to be on a hot seat, highschool coaches get gas money.

And THIS is exactly what I AM SAYING! Again, you have responded to me with a venomous and insensitive post when I was simply trying to explain what happened. I am new here...why are you picking on me for no reason!?? I expected to be welcomed and yet you are busting my chops at every turn.

I happen to know for a fact that a coach or two that I mentioned is getting much more than "gas money."

Truce?

GO BIG RED!!!!

Randy Denton

I believe what coach means is that he does now allow to post information about profit-driven ventures on the boards, such as "Solomon's Fantasy & Will Make Your Kid a D-1 Prospect Football Camp" unless he is compensated what he feels is fair.

And if more people became plus members to offset the cost of the site, I am sure the number of "annoying ads" would go down. $12 a year ain't that much. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />