A levev playing field for all teams.

NoNameD

yes we have open schools zones and special school districts(in west Tenn) that you can transfer to and play at if you pay a fee...

Who are these teams,what class,and have the been good teams or championship teams? Do they play public or private and should they be made to play private?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back and read his posts. Almost all of them are about Maryville. His problem is Maryville has whipped his teams butt too many times. As STARS would say. Too many L's have been planted on their rear ends by Maryville.

Sorry Ron, My teams have never played Maryville but I am trying to head them off at the pass before they have to play DII or 5A. Oh I forgot Maryville is building a new school to keep for playing 5A.

Go back and read his posts. Almost all of them are about Maryville. His problem is Maryville has whipped his teams butt too many times. As STARS would say. Too many L's have been planted on their rear ends by Maryville.

Don't be so defensive. I don't remember anyone saying on this thread that your school did anything illegal; in fact you were the first to mention Maryville at all.

It's legitimate to point out the hypocrisy of a system that claims to be equitable while allowing open zones for some that still play in DI without any multiplier. Maryville is certainly not the only school that has this advantage, and contrary to your parochial (and I mean that in the broadest terms) view, the world does not revolve around the Rebels.

Good luck with South Doyle this week.

Don't be so defensive. I don't remember anyone saying on this thread that your school did anything illegal; in fact you were the first to mention Maryville at all.

It's legitimate to point out the hypocrisy of a system that claims to be equitable while allowing open zones for some that still play in DI without any multiplier. Maryville is certainly not the only school that has this advantage, and contrary to your parochial (and I mean that in the broadest terms) view, the world does not revolve around the Rebels.

itzme - You said that VERY well.

No, seriously, the intent of every post/thread this guy has made has been directed towards something Maryvillian.

ALL schools have advantages and disadvantages. There is NO level playing field unless you can come up with a system that takes ALL advantages and disadvantages into account...then the field isn't level but it is evened out a bit.

So what we are really discussing is do we have a system with NO leveling (all classes abolished, everyone plays everyone), a system with some leveling (classification system based on number of kids), or a lot of levelling. so far we have chosen a lot of leveling. The problem is that we are only leveling the privates...publics with obvious advantages are not leveled at all. No private school has ever dominated their division like the current crop of publics who are dominating. Somehow we are supposed to believe that Maryville and Alcoa DON'T have advantages as they destroy their competition but that all the privates who were good DID have advantages. Silly.

I say let's go back to less leveling. But if not, we need a system that levels everyone equally, not based on whether a school is public or private. That kind of system is just discrimination thinly disguised as an attempt at fairness.

If we continue to try to level every special case, we are gonna have to consider every type of school...urban, open zoned, magnet, rural, etc. and assign multipliers based on the percieved advantages that that type of school has over small, poor rural non-open zoned schools, or whoever else we decide has the fewest advantages. Tennessee will end up with 5 or 6 different multipliers all designed to 'level the playing field', which really means "handicap any school that is better than the worst schools". On the other hand, if we don't add in the publics with obvious advantages, the fact that the current system is only designed to punish private schools becomes self evident.

So we are left with a witch hunt or an admission that this system is unfair and a move to a more fair or less restrictive system. I think the private haters will choose and push for a witch hunt. It's a shame, we used to admire excellence in this country, now it gets you punished. I hope for the sake of the Maryvilles, Alcoas, and South Pitts that we can all choose the second option...get rid of this silliness and let's all go back to playing together OR put in a merit system that is fair. I hate to see great programs get picked on because they are great...people should be admiring them

ALL schools have advantages and disadvantages. There is NO level playing field unless you can come up with a system that takes ALL advantages and disadvantages into account...then the field isn't level but it is evened out a bit.

So what we are really discussing is do we have a system with NO leveling (all classes abolished, everyone plays everyone), a system with some leveling (classification system based on number of kids), or a lot of levelling. so far we have chosen a lot of leveling. The problem is that we are only leveling the privates...publics with obvious advantages are not leveled at all. No private school has ever dominated their division like the current crop of publics who are dominating. Somehow we are supposed to believe that Maryville and Alcoa DON'T have advantages as they destroy their competition but that all the privates who were good DID have advantages. Silly.

I say let's go back to less leveling. But if not, we need a system that levels everyone equally, not based on whether a school is public or private. That kind of system is just discrimination thinly disguised as an attempt at fairness.

If we continue to try to level every special case, we are gonna have to consider every type of school...urban, open zoned, magnet, rural, etc. and assign multipliers based on the percieved advantages that that type of school has over small, poor rural non-open zoned schools, or whoever else we decide has the fewest advantages. Tennessee will end up with 5 or 6 different multipliers all designed to 'level the playing field', which really means "handicap any school that is better than the worst schools". On the other hand, if we don't add in the publics with obvious advantages, the fact that the current system is only designed to punish private schools becomes self evident.

So we are left with a witch hunt or an admission that this system is unfair and a move to a more fair or less restrictive system. I think the private haters will choose and push for a witch hunt. It's a shame, we used to admire excellence in this country, now it gets you punished. I hope for the sake of the Maryvilles, Alcoas, and South Pitts that we can all choose the second option...get rid of this silliness and let's all go back to playing together OR put in a merit system that is fair. I hate to see great programs get picked on because they are great...people should be admiring them

I've said over and over I wish the T$$AA would drop the split and multiplier and go to four classes accross the board with 10-12 regions in each class. Less travel, better rivalries, etc. etc. etc.

Alas, it's only going to get worse. Go down and watch your local youth football leagues and people will gripe about inequalites there in the first and second league games. I coach and ref a flag league at church and hear gripes from parents saying I have a vendetta against a coach (apparently he wasn't a good enough musician in my wedding so I am out to get him). Like you said baldcoach, we've created a mentality of finding every way possible to discredit the success of the successful in this country because it isn't perceived as "fair".

After the publics get rid of all privates, the open zoned and magnet schools will be next on the hit list because of "advantages". Who knows what will be after that. But there will be something, that I can promise you.

No, seriously, the intent of every post/thread this guy has made has been directed towards something Maryvillian.

How about you just stop answering him then? Again, he never mentioned your team until one of your ubiquitous fans brought it up here.

Let your record speak for itself, as it very clearly does. Everyone that is rational on here respects Maryville and what they have acomplished.