CSAS or Grace.. Who wins Region

Wildcatcoach

if dragoo is such a great coach where did the players from last year go? where are the ones this year goin to go?

gotta build connections not burn bridges which is done very well at CSAS

Dude serious what is your issue here? Burning bridges?

One senior from last years team is playing at Chatt State i think, and the other is in school at ETSU. Those were the only two seniors from that team, but i assume since you know so much that you already knew that.

This years team currently has two players being recruited by D-II and D-I mid major schools.

Again I ask what your issue is?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right or wrong, I believe that Grace will be picked to win the region due to the presence of Carter Mc Masters. He has the ability to carry his team and when he wants to be, he is the best player on the floor whenever he plays. The big question mark for Grace is whether or not Carter can and wants to be "the man" each and every night?

temple played 3 or 4 games during state with only 5 guys. CSAS had atleast 8 players. a full court trap would have ran them ragged and made it a soccer game

if dragoo is such a great coach where did the players from last year go? where are the ones this year goin to go?

This guy is ridiculous! What is he even talking about? I don't think he even knows at this point.

temple played 3 or 4 games during state with only 5 guys. CSAS had atleast 8 players. a full court trap would have ran them ragged and made it a soccer game

what are you talking about I could give you a long list of former players that Dragoo still has a gret relationship with many years after they graduated he hasnt burned any bridges and he has worked to get kids in college. If he burned so many bridges then why is he coaching staff full of his former players?.... think before you start typing. You must be a former player who was garbage and never played...

it seems that dragoo is a very polarizing figure. that being said, i think that grace has the advantage. this district has a long history of great teams, so making it through the year and ending up on top is really an accomplishment. still, regarding single A ball, having someone like McMasters is too much to overcome, as he's a senior with experience.

it seems that dragoo is a very polarizing figure. that being said, i think that grace has the advantage. this district has a long history of great teams, so making it through the year and ending up on top is really an accomplishment. still, regarding single A ball, having someone like McMasters is too much to overcome, as he's a senior with experience.

Since McMasters, like most people his height, can't create his own shots, the success of the team hinges on his teamates ability to consistently get him the ball in good positions to score. If they can learn to do that they will be the team to beat, in my opinion. If they can't, he and Grace will have another frustrating season.

Good comments, but you seem to have your picks upside down

1. Temple- Lost a lot of talent, but picked up a couple kids to compliment the excellent backcourt of Sexton and Kemp. Coach Marcum will make every school wish they had gotten him first.

2. CSAS- Has 10 kids that could start anywhere, but will they ever play up to expectations?

3. Grace- Good news and bad news. Good news is they return almost everybody. Bad news is they return almost everybody. If they find a way to protect the ball and take advantage of McMasters offensively they could be a great team. But they won't.

Sexton and Kemp will be solid. But not the best in the region. Kemp can be an above average defender, but is by no means a game changer. Sexton who is talented still has alot to prove. They need him to score a bunch consistently while being the defenses main target, something he has never done. Coach Marcum may be a very good coach dont get me wrong, but just doesnt have very much coaching experience.

I really think the region is going to be close; Temple could advance to sub-state I just dont see them winning the region.

Its like

1a. Grace

1b. CSAS

3 Temple

I don't think there is any doubt that Grace is the most talented team in the region-- and by a long shot. However, I would say that Grace is the team that consistently underachieves in Region 3-A, not CSAS. There is absolutely no way that Grace should not win the state championship if they are well-coached and play together this season. They have more talent and athleticism than any other A team in the state, and truthfully it is not even close.

As for those saying Dragoo is a bad coach, I respectfully disagree. He does a lot with his players each and every year. They are talented this season as well, and should be able to make a return trip to Murfreesboro.

What is truly mind boggling to me is how Grace's coaches seem to run an "equal opportunity" offense where anyone is allowed to do as they please on the offensive end. It leads to a lot of one-on-one type situations and takes McMasters and Shaughnessy out of the offense way too much. I am not saying they should pound it into the post every possession, but too often in the games I have seen you get Herman or Church trying to take their man off the dribble while McMasters watches out on the perimeter and Shaughnessy tries to get an offensive board..

The question for Grace is can they play together? From what I have heard there is not great chemistry between Carter and the freshmen guards. Carter is dependent on them to get him the ball and that is where the problem lies. Herman, McMasters, and Shanaughsey(sp?), what do they have past that. What about their bench?