Ooltewah Advances to State Tournament

VballDaddy78

Won Game #1 26-24. Won Game #2 25-20. Lost Game #3 20-25 and Won Game 4 25-14!

Game#1 was exciting and back in forth with Lebanon having a slight edge until late in the match. Unfortunately an attack error gave OHS the game. Game #2 Ooltewah contolled the tempo and maintained a steady lead throughout. Game #3 Lebanon got off to a great start with aggressive serving and had at least a 9 point maybe even 10 or 11 pt lead. Ooltewah made a run late to get close but Lebanon finally pulled it through. Game #4 saw Ooltewah get out to a big lead and Lebanon couldn't get back in the match.

Lebanon deserves a lot of credit for some very hard play throughout the match. In the first game London Elie was not stopped once by Ooltewah. In game 2 Icelyn played strong as well as both in game #3. Also, in game 3 #12 Stroud started off with some very aggressive serves that gave Lebanon control early. Overall, with only a few exceptions (and I'm not exaggerating) it was either London or Ice getting the sets and kills. Lebanon played hard and never gave up.

For Ooltewah, it was a team effort as it has been for most of the year. Overall, they did a nice job of serving aggressive, especially in the games they won. All the hitters had some big kills and the defense was solid with some great digs and a nice job of getting the ball to the setter.

Good luck Lady Owls nest week at State!!

Great job Lady Owls on your repeat to the state! It took alot of effort to make it thru Lebanon tonight! And A big thank you to John Wulf ( I think VB78 knows him well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) who took time out of his evening to announce play by play for the match! Great blocking by #13 and #44 from Lebanon for keeping Ooltewah hitters at check much of the night, while they were on the court. But in the end it was the amazing play by the Lady Owls making the needed adjustments to outplay Lebanon to advance to the state tournament!

Great job Lady Owls on your repeat to the state! It took alot of effort to make it thru Lebanon tonight! And A big thank you to John Wulf ( I think VB78 knows him well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) who took time out of his evening to announce play by play for the match! Great blocking by #13 and #44 from Lebanon for keeping Ooltewah hitters at check much of the night, while they were on the court. But in the end it was the amazing play by the Lady Owls making the needed adjustments to outplay Lebanon to advance to the state tournament!

Hey as I said before I wouldn't have missed it for the world considering how much those girls made a difference for how things wrapped up for Whitney last year! I truly wish I could be at state. Go get 'em girls!!

Oowa-ah-ah Owa-ah-ah GOOD LUCK LADY OWLS!~!

Won Game #1 26-24. Won Game #2 25-20. Lost Game #3 20-25 and Won Game 4 25-14!

Game#1 was exciting and back in forth with Lebanon having a slight edge until late in the match. Unfortunately an attack error gave OHS the game. Game #2 Ooltewah contolled the tempo and maintained a steady lead throughout. Game #3 Lebanon got off to a great start with aggressive serving and had at least a 9 point maybe even 10 or 11 pt lead. Ooltewah made a run late to get close but Lebanon finally pulled it through. Game #4 saw Ooltewah get out to a big lead and Lebanon couldn't get back in the match.

Lebanon deserves a lot of credit for some very hard play throughout the match. In the first game London Elie was not stopped once by Ooltewah. In game 2 Icelyn played strong as well as both in game #3. Also, in game 3 #12 Stroud started off with some very aggressive serves that gave Lebanon control early. Overall, with only a few exceptions (and I'm not exaggerating) it was either London or Ice getting the sets and kills. Lebanon played hard and never gave up.

For Ooltewah, it was a team effort as it has been for most of the year. Overall, they did a nice job of serving aggressive, especially in the games they won. All the hitters had some big kills and the defense was solid with some great digs and a nice job of getting the ball to the setter.

Good luck Lady Owls nest week at State!!

Good luck lady owls,Lebanon played some out standing ball this year,I might sound a little bias but the setter for Lebanon Shay Coggins has average like 30 to 20 assits a game and I think deserve a little reconition.London and Icelyn have played great this year for lebanon and the rest of lady blue devils have always came through as well,this team could very well win the state next year ,they only will lose 1 senior and it will be some big shoes to fill (london MVP)but they have a great j.V.team thats cominng up. GO BIG BLUE !!!! Good Luck Girls ,Great Job Coach Steph and Coach P !!!

Good luck lady owls,Lebanon played some out standing ball this year,I might sound a little bias but the setter for Lebanon Shay Coggins has average like 30 to 20 assits a game and I think deserve a little reconition.London and Icelyn have played great this year for lebanon and the rest of lady blue devils have always came through as well,this team could very well win the state next year ,they only will lose 1 senior and it will be some big shoes to fill (london MVP)but they have a great j.V.team thats cominng up. GO BIG BLUE !!!! Good Luck Girls ,Great Job Coach Steph and Coach P !!!

Please don't take this wrong in any way because as I said before, Lebanon showed a lot of heart and in addition to what I mentioned above, they did a nice job of digging up some hard hit balls but IMHO if you want to win state next year, the team must have more options. Fire and Ice were great but too predictable. Again, they got in their licks but you need more hitters so Coggins can spread the ball around and maybe you have some ready to step in, I don't know. Again, I'm only trying to provide an unbiased opinion. Two years in a row Lebanon has come to Ooltwewah for the sectional and they played very hard both times.

Please don't take this wrong in any way because as I said before, Lebanon showed a lot of heart and in addition to what I mentioned above, they did a nice job of digging up some hard hit balls but IMHO if you want to win state next year, the team must have more options. Fire and Ice were great but too predictable. Again, they got in their licks but you need more hitters so Coggins can spread the ball around and maybe you have some ready to step in, I don't know. Again, I'm only trying to provide an unbiased opinion. Two years in a row Lebanon has come to Ooltwewah for the sectional and they played very hard both times.

[/quotIt appears that LHS is for real and is getting things together for a great season next year. While they had a lot of talent this year, with only one senior, this team can be good for a number of years. Your post is right on. But time will take care of all of that.