State AAA Pools

clifford20

I'm not sure about it being the "weakest" field but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

One note regarding Ooltewah, of the 6 matches they lost this year to other TN teams, all 5 of the teams are playing in the state tournament! Of those 5 teams, Ooltewah beat the 2 teams in which they had rematches. Against GPS they were 3-2, Dobyns Bennett 1-1, and with Father Ryan, Centennial & Houston (all 3) they were 0-1.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clifford,

This Siegel team is the least talented team you have had in the last 4 years. The coaches and players derserve a lot of credit for making it to state again.

In addition to the hard work and dedication of your coaches and team, I would have to say there are 3 primary reasons you are going to have a very good chance to make it to the Final 4.

1. As stated in a previous post, teams are very weak this year. Talent must be more spread out with more players playing club.

2. Club - It must be nice to live in an area where your players can afford to join volleyball country clubs (Where parents sip wine). Club players have a distinct advantage over non-club players and you have them on your team.

3. Best Libero in the state - Defense wins ball games

It is kind of sad that one district tournament was way stronger than the state tournament field.

By the way, Cookeville could have made a run to get to the Final 4, but they couldn't compete past that one district that dominates. Who is that?

Couple of interesting points. Siegel's 2 seniors didn't play club. One of them has never played club. Siegel doesn't have 100% participation in Club, although it is close. Having the option of club is very big though, you are right.

I agree about Siegel's defense. Playing pretty good right know

I don't think that the field is any weaker or stronger then passed years. There is always a favorite and always a couple more of teams that can win it.

Cookeville was certainly good enough to make a run. Lebanon stepped up there game no doubt, they are tough to beat at home especially. The big surprise wasn't so much this year, but last years cookeville team. Still trying to figure that out.

Science Hill came into their own in the last 1/3 of the season. If they are on all cylinders, I think you are overlooking their play.

DB, lots will depend on the health of their team. If Megan Devine is back, watch out, they will be tough.

Ken

Science Hill came into their own in the last 1/3 of the season. If they are on all cylinders, I think you are overlooking their play.

DB, lots will depend on the health of their team. If Megan Devine is back, watch out, they will be tough.

Ken

My daughter was helping at the East Ridge playday "way back" in late July/ early August and I asked her what teams looked pretty good and besides Brentwood and Ooltewah, the other 2 teams she mentioned were Science Hill and DB!

I seriously have to think this may be the weakest field in the past 8 years. If Brentwood doesnt win the State I will be shocked.

Harpua, I think you might be shocked come Friday afternoon. I actually believe this might be one of the most well-rounded state competition within the last few years. Some people may say Brentwood is the favorite, but honestly any of the eight teams can honestly win the title. It doesn't matter what they have done up until this point. All that matters is this week, and I guarantee every team out there is going to leave everything on the court. I wouldn't discount any teams this week and this might just be the first state tournament where nobody is going to be able to predict the outcome.

This Siegel team is the least talented team you have had in the last 4 years.

Catuballer

It puzzles me that you feel the this years young ladies for Siegel is the least talented team they have had within the past 4 years?!? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Yes, they are a young team; however, talent wise they are just as strong and deserving as the other teams in State. Siegel came out on top of District 7, in doing that they conquered extremely strong and talented teams. So tell me how you can say Siegel is the least talented team?

Defense between Hoffman and Cantrell is one of the best in state! Our hitters - the Faulkner sisters are unstoppable and the 2 middles Stanz & Vandiver play the net with tenacity.

This team plays with stamina, heart and has a coach that believes and backs them 110%. Thats what it takes to build character in becoming a CHAMPION! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Catuballer

It puzzles me that you feel the this years young ladies for Siegel is the least talented team they have had within the past 4 years?!? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Yes, they are a young team; however, talent wise they are just as strong and deserving as the other teams in State. Siegel came out on top of District 7, in doing that they conquered extremely strong and talented teams. So tell me how you can say Siegel is the least talented team?

Defense between Hoffman and Cantrell is one of the best in state! Our hitters - the Faulkner sisters are unstoppable and the 2 middles Stanz & Vandiver play the net with tenacity.

This team plays with stamina, heart and has a coach that believes and backs them 110%. Thats what it takes to build character in becoming a CHAMPION! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They did well with the talent they had. I will give them that. The Libero was the best in the state. The OH's were good for their height, but not exceptional. Middles were pretty good. I am just comparing them to Siegel teams I have seen in the past when you flat out had some of the best players in the state. I am surprised you have such a short memory.

Good luck next year. With the weak teams in your district and region, you will have another shot at making it to at least the Sectional and have a chance to make it to state - depending on how week the teams are in the Chattanooga area - again.

I have a very good memory - apparently YOU have a selective memory. Remember in your previous comment you said this was the least talented team Siegel had in the past 4 years. Nobody; not even YOU can take away the achievement these girls endured to get to State.

When Siegel played Red Bank in Sectionals they brought a solid team and well coached team; so, for you to say the teams out of Chattanooga area are week. You are a very small minded and sad person!

It apparently makes you feel big and invisible to insult young ladies who give 100% to a sport they love. With that said, I will end this conversation because you Catuballer are a joke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have a very good memory - apparently YOU have a selective memory. Remember in your previous comment you said this was the least talented team Siegel had in the past 4 years. Nobody; not even YOU can take away the achievement these girls endured to get to State.

When Siegel played Red Bank in Sectionals they brought a solid team and well coached team; so, for you to say the teams out of Chattanooga area are week. You are a very small minded and sad person!

It apparently makes you feel big and invisible to insult young ladies who give 100% to a sport they love. With that said, I will end this conversation because you Catuballer are a joke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

AMEN SISTER (OR BROTHER). WHAT I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SAY FOR A YEAR AS I HAVE READ MANY OF HIS RUDE POSTS!!!!! THIS BOARD IS NO PLACE TO INSULT PLAYERS AND TEAMS WHO HAVE WORKED HARD AND HAVE PUT 100% INTO BEING THE BEST THEY CAN BE. HOW SAD TO BE CATABULLIE WITH NO CREDIBILITY...........Now, I feel better.

Announcements