FATHER RYAN VS MBA

fiftyfifty

Would that have been the year Fred Fisher put it to the Irish and was led by the legendary coach Tommy O? I believe the game outdrew many of the Commodores crowds from that year.

That was Fisher's senior year, but Ray Ridgeway was the head coach. Tommy Owen's first last game at MBA (does that make sense?) was the '70 Clinic Bowl against Two Rivers, in the final varsity game played by Two Rivers. I believe the score was 24-3. Same stadium, about a year apart. I believe the score in the '71 MBA-Ryan game was 27-3, but Rollredroll is the final word on issues like this.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan has allowed MAX a score of 14 points a game, some of those points coming against Ryan's 2nd and third team. The EHS score were 2 big plays given up early by the Irish before they had time to ADJUST. The offense started dominating in the EHS game when the coaches made time to ADJUST. These ADJUSTMENTS were made by tremendous coaching, some that Bowers couoldnt compete against. MBA might have better players, but I think Ryan has better coaching in Lussier and McPhail. MBA's coach is good, but any coach can have an 8-0 team with an MBA team that has lots of talent.

It will probably be a stalemate for a while, and come down to what team brings better strategies and better coaching. FR is blessed, and probably broke, because of their coaches. They will win because of the coaching.

EDIT: Forgot my

FR best weapon was the passing game of EHS. Not hard to put points on the board when you have five turnovers and a short field. Not trying to take anything away from FR cause they took care of business. As far as making plays, I would expect nothing less when the ball hits you in the numbers. FR does have some very tough runners and this was IMHO the best win they have had this year, but not as good as the one MBA had against an EHS team that was at full strength (w/ MBA minus their D1 lineman). I think FR was at full strength against EHS??

FR vs MBA should be a great game and should be played at Vandy (never happen), but I think MBA has too much for FR. This being said, the game will be won on the field and both teams better come ready to play.

Anybody know the status of injuries for both Ryan or MBA??

FR best weapon was the passing game of EHS. Not hard to put points on the board when you have five turnovers and a short field. Not trying to take anything away from FR cause they took care of business. As far as making plays, I would expect nothing less when the ball hits you in the numbers. FR does have some very tough runners and this was IMHO the best win they have had this year, but not as good as the one MBA had against an EHS team that was at full strength (w/ MBA minus their D1 lineman). I think FR was at full strength against EHS??

FR vs MBA should be a great game and should be played at Vandy (never happen), but I think MBA has too much for FR. This being said, the game will be won on the field and both teams better come ready to play.

Anybody know the status of injuries for both Ryan or MBA??

FR is actually down 4 starters from what I saw last night, also speaking with some players. Wont say who, but Im sure most people know by now. Shame really.

FR is actually down 4 starters from what I saw last night, also speaking with some players. Wont say who, but Im sure most people know by now. Shame really.

Are these injuries from the Ensworth game? MBA took a handful of injuries out of the Ensworth game as well, all of the on the offensive side of the line. Say what you will about their size, Ensworth fielded a rough defense.

Are these injuries from the Ensworth game? MBA took a handful of injuries out of the Ensworth game as well, all of the on the offensive side of the line. Say what you will about their size, Ensworth fielded a rough defense.

No one from Ryan was hurt during the Ensworth games, but the team has lost players over the course of the season, and seem to have responded well after losing 2 very key broth-.. players.

No one from Ryan was hurt during the Ensworth games, but the team has lost players over the course of the season, and seem to have responded well after losing 2 very key broth-.. players.

Actually, Father Ryan was missing a couple key starters on Friday, but they seemed to have enough depth to cover them

I don't know about this. The Irish passing game is going to have to be almost perfect to pull out a win. MBA can not have any turnovers either. If the Irish passing game is perfect and MBA doesnt have any turnovers, I'm going to have to say MBA pulls this win off with their over all athleticism. I'm thinking the game is going to be either very low scoring or very high scoring. This one is so hard to tell. But MBA will be coming out of a bye week so they might lose some of their momentum. So nobody can be %100 sure of this one. Im saying the score will be

MBA 35

FR 27

This game will be similar to MBA in releveance to the BA game. Only difference is that Ryan is better, and most MBA/Ryan games are usually very close, despite talent or anything else. I wont make any predictions, but I do think this is the best game in middle Tennessee this entire year! That is if these 2 teams dont meet in the Clinic bowl or whatever the ###### its called.

The last 10 meetings between MBA and Ryan had an average final score of 30-9. I was not in attendance of any of those. Maybe they seemed "very close".

The last 10 meetings between MBA and Ryan had an average final score of 30-9. I was not in attendance of any of those. Maybe they seemed "very close".

MBA has easily manhandled Ryan every year but last, when they still won without a quarterback and key RB and every other possible position injuries. Last year Waddey, a RB, lined up at QB every play and would take a snap and either run left, right, or up the middle.

Back on topic to this years game, MBA will win by 10+. Their line is too strong on both sides and their defense won't allow more than 10 pts. Wise, Bartholomew, and Vinsang will put up points for MBA.