Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

As an avid Patriots fan my opinion is one sided to put it mildly, but when considering the upcoming battle with Northside you must consider that this game will ultimately end up being a battle between the disciplined versus the undisciplined.

After handing the game to Martin Westview early in the season, the Patriots have become a well oiled machine. No one can deny that the offensive line of the Patriots has gelled and is working as one unit. This affords opportunity for #1, #34, and #20 to excel and gain phenominal yards against all opponents since the Martin game.

A lot of people are trying to compare Marsalis to Calvin of last years team. There can be no comparison, as both are outstanding athletes, but are totally different in the way they manage their game. To present, Marsalis is a smooth operator; smart, athletic, and to say the least fast. He manages the offense like a true quarterback should and demonstrates his abilities each play. His passing to #22, #16, and others is improving each game and has burned many oponents already.

The offense is one unit and that can't be denied.

The defense, well, they are shutting down opponents game plans. Period. Led by big Lamar and Singleton, they are having fun.

The entire team is performing as a well disciplined team and this is what has elevated them to the level that they are demonstrating in their play.

Northside struggled with teams throughout the season this year. I saw them play against Mumford and felt that they beat them on the field, only the scoreboard didn't agree. Mumford won the game. I feel only because Northside was undisciplined in their play. I feel that they are a very talented team and no doubt have a good running or scat back.

This game will get down to discipline. If the young men on the Patriots team continue to play disciplined football, they will come out of the game victorious.

Crappie was on the menu this past Saturday. Two more weeks to go before the steakfest begins. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Keep up the hard work and GO PATS!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaddis and team rule this Friday.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats on you guys win, that was a big one! This week will be another big one - for both of us! Northside has the tools. The Patriots just need to come out focused and play their game. Should be a great one!!!

As an avid Patriots fan my opinion is one sided to put it mildly, but when considering the upcoming battle with Northside you must consider that this game will ultimately end up being a battle between the disciplined versus the undisciplined.

After handing the game to Martin Westview early in the season, the Patriots have become a well oiled machine. No one can deny that the offensive line of the Patriots has gelled and is working as one unit. This affords opportunity for #1, #34, and #20 to excel and gain phenominal yards against all opponents since the Martin game.

A lot of people are trying to compare Marsalis to Calvin of last years team. There can be no comparison, as both are outstanding athletes, but are totally different in the way they manage their game. To present, Marsalis is a smooth operator; smart, athletic, and to say the least fast. He manages the offense like a true quarterback should and demonstrates his abilities each play. His passing to #22, #16, and others is improving each game and has burned many oponents already.

The defense, well, they are shutting down opponents game plans. Period. Led by big Lamar and Singleton, they are having fun.

The entire team is performing as a well disciplined team and this is what has elevated them to the level that they are demonstrating in their play.

Northside struggled with teams throughout the season this year. I saw them play against Mumford and felt that they beat them on the field, only the scoreboard didn't agree. Mumford won the game. I feel only because Northside was undisciplined in their play. I feel that they are a very talented team and no doubt have a good running or scat back.

This game will get down to discipline. If the young men on the Patriots team continue to play disciplined football, they will come out of the game victorious.

Crappie was on the menu this past Saturday. Two more weeks to go before the steakfest begins. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

well i will agree with u on this one i see dominique allen the best running back in the state getting 185 yards rushing and 3 tds and with it the pats win it by 2 tds go big red

Who are our college prospects and who are they talking to? Any word

Geez, this is a slow moving thread this week. Maybe its just because of the cool weather and rain. Come on Yanker, what are your thoughts on this one?

College prospects from the Patriots are mainly Lamar Theus (DT) for this year's class and Dominique Allen (RB) for next years class. There probably are others, but these are the main two that I keep hearing info about.

We've got to stop the comparisions becasue they are different people at different times. also calvin is better than it sounds like your making him out to be thats why he's playing on saturdays. But anyways we got to stay focused and I think the boys will. Hopefully we won't have the same weather as last year when we played them lol

Congrats on you guys win, that was a big one! This week will be another big one - for both of us! Northside has the tools. The Patriots just need to come out focused and play their game. Should be a great one!!!

You are so right here both teams will be up to the challenge for these games. I have no doubt about either one of these going our way. Time to finish up Pats. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Golly Ms. Molly...that sure was a potent batch I brewed this weekend. I guess I need to let the Gator mess with it more often. Anyways, I just did a little quick math...we have scored 308 pts and our opponents have scored 78 so far...WOW!!!

Keep up the good work guys! Two more to go!! Stay focused!!

The brew this weekend will be interesting...Indians...hhhmmmm.

Mann is The Man, he's truly big league

Better,by far, than Allen or Teague.

Thus sang most pundits this sad little song;

So gather, Red Nation, to see them proved wrong.

I seldom post but read the forum frequently. Where are the red faithful? I hope no one (fans) is taking this game for granted!!! I know the players won't! We (the fans) can NOT afford to sit idly by this week. Anything can happen on any given friday night. Please come out and bring the bells and horns as the team works their way to a region title. It is senior night and they deserve your support.

Mann is the real deal but one player does not make a team nor win a game by himself. The patriots have been playing as a TEAM since the ONE let down of the season. I am confident that they will continue their mission together and show Mann and company what they are made of.

What type of offense does Northside run? Is it all Mann or do they have any other players to look at? Do they pass at all? I hear their d-line is huge. How do they compare to the patriot line? Are they very deep or do many play both ways? I've noticed we are playing more players both ways so I don't know that depth really matters. What do you think?

Poetry at its finest! The Red Nation will gather to see how Mann can handle being covered in a Red Swarm!!! Followed up immediately by multiple TD's from #3 and #34...

Red Patriot, don't stray so long from posting. We need your support on here as well. Part of the lack of posters may be that it is fall break. But I am confident that come Friday night, the Red Nation will be gathered screaming and yelling and ringing those bells!