Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a player from last year who cant let go.

He is a former player who loves his alma mater. Nothing wrong with that. He is actually playing college ball and starting as a freshmen. Don't be so hard on him. We need our faithful. It is easy to get caught up in the talk on here. He was responding to another post.

HCHS football player-

Be careful what you post- it could come back to bite us! Thanks for your support!

I could not understand why the Henry County fans (I assume a bunch of adults) brought their obnoxious air horns, truck horns, train horns (or what ever you call them) to the games, until I saw a home gave recently. There were alot of empty seats in the stadium, so I guess the horns made up for the low turnout!

Get rid of the horns, pack your stadium, yell for your team!

The TSSAA needs to outlaw the man-made horns. There is no place for the horns in high school sports!

Good luck to North Side in this game. The Henry County fans seem to be a cocky bunch now don't they?

C'mon Reitz, you have been around CoachT long enough to know that on these threads there is always someone who gets on here being cocky. No, true HC fans are not cocky. We clearly understand that this is one more in a progressively tougher end to the regular season. This game could be very interesting. HC will do all they can to shut down Mr. Mann. I am anxious to see how the Indians D-line can hold the run. Can't wait for Friday Night!

BR84 - keep the brew going, insane or not!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I could not understand why the Henry County fans (I assume a bunch of adults) brought their obnoxious air horns, truck horns, train horns (or what ever you call them) to the games, until I saw a home gave recently. There were alot of empty seats in the stadium, so I guess the horns made up for the low turnout!

The TSSAA needs to outlaw the man-made horns. There is no place for the horns in high school sports!

Believe me the horns and bells are there regardless of the amount of people at the game. You must have shown up when most of our fans had left due to the score at halftime! During the playoffs when the stands were full there were still the bells and all. Officials made the mistake of not allowing the horns to be blown during one game- the crowd was so loud the players said they were less distracted with the horns! As far as the low turnout - We consistently have more fans at away games then the home team! As long as the horns are not blown when the opposing team is trying to get off their play, it should not matter.

I, for one, love to see the fan support. It is nice to see fan support especially nowadays when so many kids are lacking parental support. Just look at another thread diuscussing the lack of support in Nashville.

Until the TSSAA outlaws them, we have a "Horn Crew" that has fun with them. They do not break the rules by blowing them during play, only after a big defensive stop or other big plays. It is not to make up for lack of fans. If you were there last week, I can see why you might say that. Our crowd was not packed, but still plentiful. I personally would like to see many more fans at games.

Cephus...he was too late anyways. I done got the brew a going...dang feathers keep floating to the top though. Bring on the bells, whistles, gongs, or whatever!! I have been to several games and all of them have some type of noise makers. The more the merrier I say. Nothing gets our boys fired up as much as when we make noise. I too believe that it is a good thing in today's society to show our support for the kids in athletics.

Now let's see...Gator bring me that tomahawk...No don't go chopping on that...gotta run.

RED BALL...RED BALL...RED BALL!!!

Northside's backup running back (who is Mann's cousin) is a pretty good runner also. I think it was the jcm game Mann went out with an injury and his backup came in and ran 6 times for 88 yards and a td. So they have 2 good runners.

Does anybody know how Mann compares to Williams from Brighton?

MANN IS AS QUICK AND AS FAST A BACK AS I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR. NOT VERY BIG BUT VERY ELUSIVE.

This thread has been strangely quiet tis afternoon. Worried about the Yanker-- hope everythingis OK with him ad his dad. Also. where is Red Warrior? Imiss his insight and cogent commentary.In last week's thread RW answered a query stating that most of his coaching was done in Mississippi. The olddevil wonders if RW was laying down a smokescreen. It is strange to me that a Mississippian would leave an area with the best crappie lakes in America( Sardis,Granada, Enid, Arkabutla) to settle on Ky' lake. Coach Scott Samsel couldn't wait to get a chance to get back nearer those great lakes. Being a skeptic at heart, I'm thinking that he coached elsewhere, perhaps long ago in Dickson County?