Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defender clearly went into the wideout before he could make an attempt on the ball but I dont know if I would have called it. It looked like the defender lost sight of the ball. It either had to be on the defender or a no call. I think it should have been a no call. I have seen much worse calls and much worse no calls.

Interesting take, I too saw trhe film and the defender was looking at the ball the whole way and the from wha tI saw the defender jumped up for the ball and the reciever ran nto the back of the defender, the defender has the same rights as aoffender in that situation.

On offense, you do not have to "invade" the neutral zone, for an illegal procedure penalty to be invoked. That is only on defense. The end's movement itself, will illicit the penalty. I agree that Northside is better than most of us thought, and I was really impressed with the little running back, who played quite "big". I do not know exactly what we have to learn from Northside, however, about grit and determination. Was Henry County not behind Dickson County 14-0 and came back to win? Therefore, Henry County had grit and determination long before they had to "learn" about it from Northside! If Northside beats Liberty, and I expect that they will, they will be a very good representative for region 7 in the playoffs, and I wish them luck.

Don't need any rules explanation, coach. Was speaking of the defensive end.

Interesting take, I too saw trhe film and the defender was looking at the ball the whole way and the from wha tI saw the defender jumped up for the ball and the reciever ran nto the back of the defender, the defender has the same rights as aoffender in that situation.

you are so right prophet. Defense played the ball the whole way, then jumped for the interception and was hit in the back by the reciever that knew he couldn't catch the ball. A no-call would have been a horrible call on that play. How is that a NO CALL! Offensive pass interference. And yes it was a huge momentum swing at that point! I will say one thing though. I think our crowd is getting terrible. We preach about the big red crowd and the noise we make. We made no noise until our defense had to stand us up from the field themselves asking for us to help late in the 4th. We as fans need to regroup and get behind these young men from the start of the game to the finish.

Don't need any rules explanation, coach. Was speaking of the defensive end.

Sorry about that. I guess I'm getting too old for this stuff. I read the post and somehow got to thinking about a tight end instead of the defensive end. I am retired and apparently losing touch with reality. You are right and I am wrong. That is quite an odd feeling for me. I have lived almost an entire lifetime without being incorrect. It is a very strange feeling to be wrong. Senility may be setting in. Anyway, thanks for setting me straight. It has been over 50 years since that has happened.

you are so right prophet. Defense played the ball the whole way, then jumped for the interception and was hit in the back by the reciever that knew he couldn't catch the ball. A no-call would have been a horrible call on that play. How is that a NO CALL! Offensive pass interference. And yes it was a huge momentum swing at that point! I will say one thing though. I think our crowd is getting terrible. We preach about the big red crowd and the noise we make. We made no noise until our defense had to stand us up from the field themselves asking for us to help late in the 4th. We as fans need to regroup and get behind these young men from the start of the game to the finish.

Agreed! HC defender had position the whole way (could see it VERY well from the other side of the field, thank you). At the least, it is a no call and puts NS 4th and long OR is (agreeably) offensive interference and gives NS 4th and VERY long (loss of down penalty). Instead, they are given a new set of downs inside HC territory - HUGE momentum swing. Stop them there and they may not go on their big spurt.

However, hats off to NS on their comeback try. HC just let their guard down - probably good for them (bring them back to earth a little) going into the Hardin Co. game.

Agreed! HC defender had position the whole way (could see it VERY well from the other side of the field, thank you). At the least, it is a no call and puts NS 4th and long OR is (agreeably) offensive interference and gives NS 4th and VERY long (loss of down penalty). Instead, they are given a new set of downs inside HC territory - HUGE momentum swing. Stop them there and they may not go on their big spurt.

However, hats off to NS on their comeback try. HC just let their guard down - probably good for them (bring them back to earth a little) going into the Hardin Co. game.

You are right. I, too, think it will be a good thing.