Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

It surprised alot of people that we shut down Deundre Williams from Brighton as well, who is only about 150yds behind Mann for the season (due to the fact that he only got 85yds against HC while Mann rolled up 300 on JCM that night). Prior to that game both Mann and Williams were almost neck and neck in the yardage and carries department. However, these are two different RB's with a little different styles. Williams was a patient runner who looked closely for the seam and then bursts through to make a big run. Mann is kind of a darter who moves around constantly running all over the place trying to make folks miss takles until he can get in the open field. HC will come prepared to stop Mann, whether or not they do is what we will have to wait and see. I will stand by my prediction of keeping Mann under 100yds.

Keeping Mann under 100 is a good goal. Keeping him out of end zone is another good one!

Do they use him on punt returns? I have to think we will be doing a few more punts in this game than last few games.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll be more surprised if HC can hold Mann under 100 yards. I think Mann is fully capable of putting up 200 on HC especially if it was a dry field. He`s just a talented back. He just very deceptive. He`s run for almost 1600 yards already this season. He had 300+ in the first half against JCM. I know JCM is down this year, but that is still very good. He followed that up with 253 yards against Camden last week. He gets a ton of carries too during the game. If HC holds him under 100 yards then they came prepared.

Of course a lot depends on what happens during the game. A lot of things could work against him like HC keeping control of the football most of the night. Also HC could open up a can and force NS into more of a throwing game, but their strength is still giving the ball to Mann since he is a threat every time he gets the ball.

Allen of course is very good, but from what I can tell HC spreads the ball around more therefore limiting Allen in terms of total yards.

I agree that we spread the ball around, but in my opinion, that is what keeps the defense honest. They key on Allen, and Marsalis goes 87 yards up the field before they know it (Right Munford?). They key on Marsalis, and then the big guy gets open field and is a load the bring down (Right Brighton?). Not to mention Marsalis has pretty dang good arm on him as well. HC has more weapons on offense than I have seen them have on a long time, not even mentioning the up and coming classes. And the O-line has developed quite well also. Allen may not get 300+ yards Friday night, but I would bet my house that Allen and Teague combine for more yards and points than Mann and Davis.

Does anyone know if Mann returns kicks/punts? If so, that could be a problem for HC.

It surprised alot of people that we shut down Deundre Williams from Brighton as well, who is only about 150yds behind Mann for the season (due to the fact that he only got 85yds against HC while Mann rolled up 300 on JCM that night). Prior to that game both Mann and Williams were almost neck and neck in the yardage and carries department. However, these are two different RB's with a little different styles. Williams was a patient runner who looked closely for the seam and then bursts through to make a big run. Mann is kind of a darter who moves around constantly running all over the place trying to make folks miss takles until he can get in the open field. HC will come prepared to stop Mann, whether or not they do is what we will have to wait and see. I will stand by my prediction of keeping Mann under 100yds.

Keep in mind that the field will be just as slippery for the tacklers as for Mann.It is not goingto be an easy night for anyone.One thing that perplexes me about Mann's yardage numbers is the relative few TDs and NS's total scores. All those yards against Camden and only 2 TDs and a field goal? What does it mean?Hmmmm. GO BIG RED

Keep in mind that the field will be just as slippery for the tacklers as for Mann.It is not goingto be an easy night for anyone.One thing that perplexes me about Mann's yardage numbers is the relative few TDs and NS's total scores. All those yards against Camden and only 2 TDs and a field goal? What does it mean?Hmmmm. GO BIG RED

I have wondered the same. Someone as quick as he while piling up yardage and not getting in the end zone must mean something. He only has 12 for the year with 1800 yards?!?!? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I just don't get it. Allen has half the amount of yards but twice the amount of scores. Last year with the same two backs (Allen vs. Mann as sophomores) in nearly the same conditions that are predicted for Friday, wasn't even comparable. I think that both backs have gotten better, but I see the potential for his options to close down and him slipping quite a bit. But I agree, nothing is going to be easy about this Friday night. Focus, focus, FOCUS!!!

According to Coach Mac, Mann is an exceptional bad weather runner because of his balance. He told me that he has seen him make unbelievable cuts when the groud was slick. The defensers had an awful time trying to tackle him. As far as the number of yards compared to touchdowns, tht is simple. Northside has had a tough time scoring once they get inside the thirty because of turnovers and penalties all year. They have also dropped multiple touchdown passes in the endzone this year. For exaple last week against Camden Northside scored on a 50 yard screen pass to Mann that was called back for a stupid block in the back 15 yards behind the play. They did not score that posession. The next time they had it on the 15 and threw a interception on the 9 yard line on first down. This is the way it has gone all year long. Turnovers and penalties inside their opponents 20. Northside will move the ball. Mann will get his yards. Hopefully they will get in the endzone.

I have stayed off the board because if we say anything positive we are cocky (according to someone whose name I have forgotten), and if we say anything negative (which I don't feel)), we are anti HC. By the way, I hope West Tn. Football goes on vacation for the rest of the season and stays off of our team's *** while proclaiming to be an HC fan. Red Warrior, I always look forward to your posts. I think you shoot straight. Cougar Mike and West Tn. Off. have fallen off of the face of the earth (thank goodness).

GO BIG RED!

Read your own post, how come when I say something to try and motivate Henry county it turns into me being anti- Henry county, I am a Henry county fan, a very loyal fan, just as the Yanker is a fan of JCM and you all think he is some great loyal fan, well he picked his team to lose last week, so am I not a loyal fan because I picked Henry county to get upset last week. Even as I said last week that Henry county was better than Munford, actually feared Munford dominating them again as they did the year before with a lesser team.

In that game he had over half his yards on 2 carries resulting in TD's. During season maybe he breaks alot 12-20 yard runs until they get close to red zone and then when field gets a little smaller their speed backs have trouble punching it in ??? Maybe the Pats will not give them that opportunity to punch it in!

NS is coming in riding 2 big wins for their program. A win over JCM is always big for NS regardless of what shape JCm is in and winning a close hard fought game against a ranked team is a confidence boost regardless of Camden being 2A. NS wants to make the playoffs and needs 1 more win and I am sure Coach will have them fired up.

Senior night at Patriot Stadium is always huge. Hope this rain moves on out and Pats pack the stadium. Last week was probably standing room only but to me it looked like up to 500 people standing around end zones and outside track area.

According to Coach Mac, Mann is an exceptional bad weather runner because of his balance. He told me that he has seen him make unbelievable cuts when the groud was slick. The defensers had an awful time trying to tackle him. As far as the number of yards compared to touchdowns, tht is simple. Northside has had a tough time scoring once they get inside the thirty because of turnovers and penalties all year. They have also dropped multiple touchdown passes in the endzone this year. For exaple last week against Camden Northside scored on a 50 yard screen pass to Mann that was called back for a stupid block in the back 15 yards behind the play. They did not score that posession. The next time they had it on the 15 and threw a interception on the 9 yard line on first down. This is the way it has gone all year long. Turnovers and penalties inside their opponents 20. Northside will move the ball. Mann will get his yards. Hopefully they will get in the endzone.

Henry County has had more than its share of the same problems. With 7-8 inches of rain this week the field will be more than slick--a downright quagmire!

Henry County has had more than its share of the same problems. With 7-8 inches of rain this week the field will be more than slick--a downright quagmire!

Henry county has the better team, the rain is the nuetralizer the way I see it, on a dry field, Henry coutny dominates Northside, as it did Munford. Northside took advantage of a destroyed JCM team after the Henry county loss. Northside is dangerous and with this weather business, anything can happen. I can not imagine that the rain will help Henry county, preparation will help Henry county and by the way, That Henry county team is looking pretty good, keep up the good work Patriots. Has anyone heard about the WIlliams from Brighton being ejected last week?

YOUR RIGHT HERMIT. NORTH SIDE LEADS ALL THEIR OPPONENTS THIS YEAR IN STATS EXCEPT PENALTIES AND TURNOVERS. ITS KILLED US ALL YEAR. IF THEY CAN KEEP THOSE DOWN WE SHOULD MAKE A GOOD GAME OF IT.

I was at the camden game, Mann was probably the best scat back we played this year so far, that being said their o-line deserves alot of credit, if they make it where he can get to the secondary the race is on, and its not going to be pretty for the safty. The d-line is equally talented, but with the mix of running and passing that HC offers I dont see a problem. It all goes back to dicipline. Do i think you will keep Mann under 150 yds ? No way, but BIG RED comes out on top probably by a couple tds.

Read your own post, how come when I say something to try and motivate Henry county it turns into me being anti- Henry county, I am a Henry county fan, a very loyal fan, just as the Yanker is a fan of JCM and you all think he is some great loyal fan, well he picked his team to lose last week, so am I not a loyal fan because I picked Henry county to get upset last week. Even as I said last week that Henry county was better than Munford, actually feared Munford dominating them again as they did the year before with a lesser team.

Sorry! It did sound pretty rude when I reread it. Nerves talking, and I'm very nervous again this week. GO BIG RED!