Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

Henry county is averaging 37 points a game, averaging giving up 11

NS is averaging 22 points a game and giving up 22.5 a game,

I would be concerned about slowing down the Patriot offense, they have punted 10 times this season and over halfof those were in the first 3 weeks.

DON'T SEE HC REACHING THEIR AVERAGE SCORING AGAINST NS

JUST HOPE WE CAN DO MORE THAN OUR AVERAGE

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T SEE HC REACHING THEIR AVERAGE SCORING AGAINST NS

JUST HOPE WE CAN DO MORE THAN OUR AVERAGE

I am confused with how a you think 4-4 Northside is suppose to be different tonight then they have been all season. Henry County rolls strong tonight. Allen and Teague never see the fourth quarter. Mann will be held to 80-90 yards up to the fourth, then tacks on another 70-90 in the fourth on the secong string after the game is long decided.

HC-41

NS-13

Heck of a ball game, I am glad that I did not leave during the outage. Henry county showed me how good they really are. I am of the opinion that if the game is not delayed, they mercy rule Northside. I am sure that the Northside faithful feel like they almost won, and I even heard some idiot claim that Northside actually won. One of the biggest plays for Northside was an interception by Henry county, when 22 landed on the 1 yard line. There was also a TERRIBLE PI call against Henry county, the Patriot jumped up and got pushed in the back by the Northside player and they called it on Henry county. Northside players were hitting after the whistle all night and evenon the last play when 3 for Henry county went down, a Northside player came in very late. I do not know how many yards Mann ended up with but he did not light it up, although he is a pretty darn good back, The Patriot D just stopped him. Some will say that they did not, but Mann was getting 35 plus carries a game and that was not the case tonight. If he was having success, they would have stayed with him.

I hope Henry coutny learned something about not relaxing until the game is over.

Heck of a ball game, I am glad that I did not leave during the outage. Henry county showed me how good they really are. I am of the opinion that if the game is not delayed, they mercy rule Northside. I am sure that the Northside faithful feel like they almost won, and I even heard some idiot claim that Northside actually won. One of the biggest plays for Northside was an interception by Henry county, when 22 landed on the 1 yard line. There was also a TERRIBLE PI call against Henry county, the Patriot jumped up and got pushed in the back by the Northside player and they called it on Henry county. Northside players were hitting after the whistle all night and evenon the last play when 3 for Henry county went down, a Northside player came in very late. I do not know how many yards Mann ended up with but he did not light it up, although he is a pretty darn good back, The Patriot D just stopped him. Some will say that they did not, but Mann was getting 35 plus carries a game and that was not the case tonight. If he was having success, they would have stayed with him.

I hope Henry coutny learned something about not relaxing until the game is over.

Mann had 120 yds with 2 td's and the QB for northside threw for 120 yds. But anyways guys i thought we we're gonna blow them out in the 2nd qtr. but after the transformer blew and that long delay northside played ball. I hate to say it but in the second half they outplayed us. It seemed we just shut down. But It was A GREAT GAME and i give alot of credit to northside, they really impressed me tonight. Now on to next week for the region championship against hardin county. ROLL RED ROLL

good post WTF. I think when refs called PI against us when it should have gone the other way, aliens took over our offensive players' bodies. We almost gave it to them. I was really nervous there at the end. I also think the delay took some of our momentum away. NS is a good team and caused some of our mistakes. They were playing hard for a chance to go to the play-offs. Since we won, I can say this without sounding like sour grapes: the referees fought hard for NS all night, even from the very beginning when the idiots blew the whistle because Allen was down while Teague was running with the ball. They should be smart enough to know which player has the ball. I think we get better calls at away games than we do at home. Mann is quite elusive and a tough little guy. He bounced back up every time after several hundred pounds of Patriots were on top of him. I would like to know his yardage. I heard it was around 120 - 130. I listened to Coach Gaddis talk to the team after the game. He told them a lot of people will call it an "ugly win." He told them NS suffered an ugly loss. A win goes down as a W and is never ugly. They are not rated as pretty or ugly, only W's. Two good teams played tonight. We were just better and held on. Next week is for all the marbles. We have to play four full quarters to win and get first in region; otherwise, it goes to Hardin County.

VG: I never thought about headlights, but I did suggest flashlights or lighters like at the old seventies concerts.

good post WTF. I think when refs called PI against us when it should have gone the other way, aliens took over our offensive players' bodies. We almost gave it to them. I was really nervous there at the end. I also think the delay took some of our momentum away. NS is a good team and caused some of our mistakes. They were playing hard for a chance to go to the play-offs. Since we won, I can say this without sounding like sour grapes: the referees fought hard for NS all night, even from the very beginning when the idiots blew the whistle because Allen was down while Teague was running with the ball. They should be smart enough to know which player has the ball. I think we get better calls at away games than we do at home. Mann is quite elusive and a tough little guy. He bounced back up every time after several hundred pounds of Patriots were on top of him. I would like to know his yardage. I heard it was around 120 - 130. I listened to Coach Gaddis talk to the team after the game. He told them a lot of people will call it an "ugly win." He told them NS suffered an ugly loss. A win goes down as a W and is never ugly. They are not rated as pretty or ugly, only W's. Two good teams played tonight. We were just better and held on. Next week is for all the marbles. We have to play four full quarters to win and get first in region; otherwise, it goes to Hardin County.

VG: I never thought about headlights, but I did suggest flashlights or lighters like at the old seventies concerts.

Whew! I am worn out and still keyed up at 1:00AM! I agree with both wtf and RedPride. Northside is a good team, and they were fighting for their playoff lives. But some good things happened for them tonight. Liberty beat Brighton, which helps their cause - if they win next week. The Patriots need to keep their eye on the goal - Region Championship. Next week is it!

We played a great game the first half, or I guess before the transformer blew. I agree with wtf in that if the delay did not happen, Patriots score just before half with huge momentum coming back from the half and getting the ball. However, it was all botched up and the Big Red came back out flat while Northside came out on a mission and a great game plan. Massey knows what he is doing. Northside will be a force to reckon with in 7-4A in the years to come - mark my word on that one. I am very proud of the Patriots for gutting it out the last two series. The Defense came through when it mattered most, and so did the offense by getting first downs long enough to run Northside out of timeouts and ended the game. Now its time to put this behind us and focus on the next task at hand - Hardin County. Lookout Tigers, here we come...