Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

Whew! I am worn out and still keyed up at 1:00AM!

Maybe you should have sat down and written a song "That`s the night that the lights went out in Paris..." /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Congrats to HC. Just looking over the stats from the game...It looks as though NS did a very good job in stopping Allen 17 carries 52 yards. Likewise, HC seems to have kept Mann contained from breaking off any big ones...25 carries 120yards.

I see that NS had 2 turnovers (1 fumble, 2 INTS), just wondering how costly those were. Did any give HC great field posiion or did any stop NS deep in HC territory?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a ball game, I am glad that I did not leave during the outage. Henry county showed me how good they really are. I am of the opinion that if the game is not delayed, they mercy rule Northside. I am sure that the Northside faithful feel like they almost won, and I even heard some idiot claim that Northside actually won. One of the biggest plays for Northside was an interception by Henry county, when 22 landed on the 1 yard line. There was also a TERRIBLE PI call against Henry county, the Patriot jumped up and got pushed in the back by the Northside player and they called it on Henry county. Northside players were hitting after the whistle all night and evenon the last play when 3 for Henry county went down, a Northside player came in very late.

So getting outscored 20-0 in the 2nd half is how good Henry County really is? Sorry, but I expected a little more of them than that. Yeah, I believe there was a decent chance the mercy rule would have been applied if not for the blackout, but there's no denying that everyone lost focus after the stopage: the players, coaches, and fans. It was already the worst game attendance wise before the stopage, and during Northside's comeback their sparse crowd was usually louder than Henry County's. After the last few games, everyone expected Northside to go quitely like Breighton and Munford did, but that wasn't the case. Fans stopped being loud, players started getting lazy on simple assignments (namely blocked punts) and coaches got away from their game calling that had worked so well in the first half. Starting next week, this team cannot have any letdowns if they want to go far in the playoffs. The team that played in the 2nd half would have struggled with Treadwell or Northwest the way they were playing. They simply need to get this game out of their collective memories because it cannot happen again.

As far as the officiating and late hits, it went both ways. Both teams were knocking heads after the whistle and I agreed with the pass interference call near the goalline. It's amazing how well people can see a play when it's on the other side of the field from the grandstands. Northside should be able to take something from this game. I was impressed by them a great deal. Yes, Henry County shut it down in the 2nd half, but it says alot about the players and coaches for Northside that they did not quit given the opportunities. Mann did what I expected he would do, however I was very impressed by the rest of their offense. We didn't get consistent pressure on the qb (the 2 sacks I can think of came off of bootlegs) due to their o-line. He made a few nice throws and the receivers didn't drop many. Hopefully Northside can take this game and make a run for the last playoff spot.

So getting outscored 20-0 in the 2nd half is how good Henry County really is? Sorry, but I expected a little more of them than that. Yeah, I believe there was a decent chance the mercy rule would have been applied if not for the blackout, but there's no denying that everyone lost focus after the stopage: the players, coaches, and fans. It was already the worst game attendance wise before the stopage, and during Northside's comeback their sparse crowd was usually louder than Henry County's. After the last few games, everyone expected Northside to go quitely like Breighton and Munford did, but that wasn't the case. Fans stopped being loud, players started getting lazy on simple assignments (namely blocked punts) and coaches got away from their game calling that had worked so well in the first half. Starting next week, this team cannot have any letdowns if they want to go far in the playoffs. The team that played in the 2nd half would have struggled with Treadwell or Northwest the way they were playing. They simply need to get this game out of their collective memories because it cannot happen again.

As far as the officiating and late hits, it went both ways. Both teams were knocking heads after the whistle and I agreed with the pass interference call near the goalline. It's amazing how well people can see a play when it's on the other side of the field from the grandstands. Northside should be able to take something from this game. I was impressed by them a great deal. Yes, Henry County shut it down in the 2nd half, but it says alot about the players and coaches for Northside that they did not quit given the opportunities. Mann did what I expected he would do, however I was very impressed by the rest of their offense. We didn't get consistent pressure on the qb (the 2 sacks I can think of came off of bootlegs) due to their o-line. He made a few nice throws and the receivers didn't drop many. Hopefully Northside can take this game and make a run for the last playoff spot.

I really have a different thought on the pass interference when your player has position on the ball clearly and the other player pushes him in the back that is clearly offensive pass interference and no we did not hit out of bounds like they did

I really have a different thought on the pass interference when your player has position on the ball clearly and the other player pushes him in the back that is clearly offensive pass interference and no we did not hit out of bounds like they did

Once again, that's great eyesight when the play is on the other side of the field. I thought the Henry County player jumped into the receiver when going for the ball. The referee, who was a few feet away, seemed to agree. In addition, if there was a late hit, I'm guessing they'd call it. There is a difference between a hit out of bounds and a hit on the sideline. I saw plenty of those. If you're in bounds, you better be prepared to be hit. Nothing cheap or late. Some fans like to blame officials when things aren't going their way. Northside was clearly outplaying Henry County in the 2nd half; it had nothing to do with the officiating.

First of all, HC outplayed NS much more in the first half than NS outplayed HC in the second half. HC let down when they were up 34 to 7 probably thinking it was going to be yet another MERCY RULE game. This is unfortunate but somewhat natural at all levels. Look at what the Titans allowed in the fourth quarter last week. Good teams win games even when they are not at their best, and a team can't play its top game every week. Once momentum shifts in a game it is hard to undo that, but with the game on the line, HC's defense stopped NS when needed to preserve the victory. The offense then rattled off two critical first downs to run out the clock. The NS team that you were so impressed with was powerless to do anything about it. The coaches who have been so smart in past weeks probably did not turn dumb this week. And as you said, how can a fan see the penalties as well as the officials? We do agree on one point, at least; how could you see the calls any better than other fans in order to correct our "faulty" thinking? I guess the officials are always right, especially when they start the game with an inadvertent whistle. Thanks for correcting all of us clueless ones.

Once again, that's great eyesight when the play is on the other side of the field. I thought the Henry County player jumped into the receiver when going for the ball. The referee, who was a few feet away, seemed to agree. In addition, if there was a late hit, I'm guessing they'd call it. There is a difference between a hit out of bounds and a hit on the sideline. I saw plenty of those. If you're in bounds, you better be prepared to be hit. Nothing cheap or late. Some fans like to blame officials when things aren't going their way. Northside was clearly outplaying Henry County in the 2nd half; it had nothing to do with the officiating.

Hey Professor, Who came out with the W and you didn't?.. just stop worrying about this game. It's behind us and worry about yalls next opponent. HC came out with the W like always so just respect our pride and talent.

great eyesight on the officials. same officials that blew a play dead when the person went down that wasnt even carrying the ball yeah real good

HC came out with the W like always....

Like always? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

For anyone at the game, I`m still wondering how NS`s 3 turnovers affected the game. Were they in the first half or second half? Did they give HC good field position or kill a good drive by NS? Where are ys HC fans? Tell us about the game.

Like always? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

For anyone at the game, I`m still wondering how NS`s 3 turnovers affected the game. Were they in the first half or second half? Did they give HC good field position or kill a good drive by NS? Where are ys HC fans? Tell us about the game.

One interception in the second half ,I think, was on the HC one yard line. It kept them from having the opportunity to score but gave us horrible field position. In fact, we ended up having to punt out of the end zone. The other interception was by #3 in the first half. He had a long return which set up a touchdown. They fumbled on about our forty yard line. I don't remember it leading to anything. The HC punter uncharacteristically dropping a perfect long snap seemed to change the entire momentum of the game which, otherwise, would probably have been a run-away. Northside blocked a punt later in the game which set up another easy touchdown. We won the first half; they won the second half except for the last four or five minutes; we won the game. That's about the best I can give you in explanation.

One interception in the second half ,I think, was on the HC one yard line. It kept them from having the opportunity to score but gave us horrible field position. In fact, we ended up having to punt out of the end zone. The other interception was by #3 in the first half. He had a long return which set up a touchdown. They fumbled on about our forty yard line. I don't remember it leading to anything. The HC punter uncharacteristically dropping a perfect long snap seemed to change the entire momentum of the game which, otherwise, would probably have been a run-away. Northside blocked a punt later in the game which set up another easy touchdown. We won the first half; they won the second half except for the last four or five minutes; we won the game. That's about the best I can give you in explanation.

Thanks realredpride. Sounds like what looked to be a blow out turned out to be a pretty good game. Good luck next week.

I think Chaos is a HC fan? So the statement your player would be inaccurate. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />