Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

First of all, HC outplayed NS much more in the first half than NS outplayed HC in the second half. HC let down when they were up 34 to 7 probably thinking it was going to be yet another MERCY RULE game. This is unfortunate but somewhat natural at all levels. Look at what the Titans allowed in the fourth quarter last week. Good teams win games even when they are not at their best, and a team can't play its top game every week. Once momentum shifts in a game it is hard to undo that, but with the game on the line, HC's defense stopped NS when needed to preserve the victory. The offense then rattled off two critical first downs to run out the clock. The NS team that you were so impressed with was powerless to do anything about it. The coaches who have been so smart in past weeks probably did not turn dumb this week. And as you said, how can a fan see the penalties as well as the officials? We do agree on one point, at least; how could you see the calls any better than other fans in order to correct our "faulty" thinking? I guess the officials are always right, especially when they start the game with an inadvertent whistle. Thanks for correcting all of us clueless ones.

First off, lose the attitude. Officials get paid to make calls on the field, let them. Yes they make bad calls, it's part of the game, for both teams. It annoys me to no ends when people, after a win or loss, complain about the officiating. Plus, I hope people expect more from this team than what I expect from the Titans.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no denying that the crowd has decreased for each home game. They have also been less vocal each game. People come on here posting ridiculous predictions. It's as if a large percentage of the fan base is waiting for the playoffs in order to become serious fans again. This team does not deserve this. If some people want to criticize whatever I say, fine. But the atmosphere for home games should be closer to the Dickson game than what it has become.

Hey Professor, Who came out with the W and you didn't?.. just stop worrying about this game. It's behind us and worry about yalls next opponent. HC came out with the W like always so just respect our pride and talent.

Who are you, and can you read? I said I was impressed with Northside's comeback in the 2nd half. I don't know anyone on that team, and I certainly don't follow them. And I'm not sure what "respect our pride" means, but I certainly do respect Henry County's talent. That's why I'm disappointed by their letdown and the letdown of some of the fans that aren't showing up recently. Yes letdowns happen, but they cannot happen in the playoffs when you have expectations to win a gold ball.

First off, lose the attitude. Officials get paid to make calls on the field, let them. Yes they make bad calls, it's part of the game, for both teams. It annoys me to no ends when people, after a win or loss, complain about the officiating. Plus, I hope people expect more from this team than what I expect from the Titans.

No, you lose the attitude, Chaos! You expect more from a high school team of fifteen through seventeen year olds than you expect from the Titans? Yes, officials make bad calls and get paid to do so, but I, as an intelligent, football-knowledgeable adult, have the right to question them. Get over it.

There's no denying that the crowd has decreased for each home game. They have also been less vocal each game. People come on here posting ridiculous predictions. It's as if a large percentage of the fan base is waiting for the playoffs in order to become serious fans again. This team does not deserve this. If some people want to criticize whatever I say, fine. But the atmosphere for home games should be closer to the Dickson game than what it has become.

Finally, we agree. I have never missed a game and, unless family illness comes into play, never will. I think the true faithful should not only be at every game but be on their feet at every game.

We agree yet again. I have not missed any game, home or away, and am on my feet the entire game. You just have a very negative way of saying things and could probably win more fans to your way of thinking with a more positive attitude. I find you to be extremely arrogant....and I think the way you do. Imagine what you could accomplish with a positive attitude.

We agree yet again. I have not missed any game, home or away, and am on my feet the entire game. You just have a very negative way of saying things and could probably win more fans to your way of thinking with a more positive attitude. I find you to be extremely arrogant....and I think the way you do. Imagine what you could accomplish with a positive attitude.

I said that people shouldn't complain about the officials yet I'm the one who's arrogant and negative? Also, saying they lost focus in the 2nd half was obvious in the score and something others have agreed with. So.....where's the arrogance? And where's the negativity? I expect nothing from the Titans because they're just fodder for the Colts and Patriots. Henry County has a chance to play in the 4A championship game if they don't let moments like Friday night pop up again. That's why I expect more from them.

I think that Chaos is taking the approach that if we as HC fans want to see a championship in HC team needs to maintain focus regardless of the score. It is a very difficult task winning games, especially region and state titles. Regardless of how old they are as a team they need to focus and maintain that over the course of an entire game.

We have passionate fans in HC, but we also have fair weather fans as well. It would be nice to have as many fans at the later games in the season as we have for Dickson Co. Coach Gaddis says that every week that he'd like a full house supporting the team.

Finally, you have got to admit that every competitive event is a series of peaks and valleys whether it be baseball,football, basketball etc... You just hope that your team has more peaks then valleys and the teams that can maintain those peaks for longer intervals will most likely win the game. I cannot believe that our coaches were happy with the second half of that game. Yes, we got the win but it looked like we had some mental lapses. Thats not knocking coaching or players or anything its just a statement of fact. I believe that every Patriot fan is watching and hoping for more wins both in the regular season and the playoffs. Chaos wants our team to run like a finely oiled machine and we let NS back in it the other night. Thats what I read him to be saying. Good luck next week to the coaches and players of HC. I hope you go to Hardin County and bring home the hardware that you all deserve!!

I think that Chaos is taking the approach that if we as HC fans want to see a championship in HC team needs to maintain focus regardless of the score. It is a very difficult task winning games, especially region and state titles. Regardless of how old they are as a team they need to focus and maintain that over the course of an entire game.

We have passionate fans in HC, but we also have fair weather fans as well. It would be nice to have as many fans at the later games in the season as we have for Dickson Co. Coach Gaddis says that every week that he'd like a full house supporting the team.

Finally, you have got to admit that every competitive event is a series of peaks and valleys whether it be baseball,football, basketball etc... You just hope that your team has more peaks then valleys and the teams that can maintain those peaks for longer intervals will most likely win the game. I cannot believe that our coaches were happy with the second half of that game. Yes, we got the win but it looked like we had some mental lapses. Thats not knocking coaching or players or anything its just a statement of fact. I believe that every Patriot fan is watching and hoping for more wins both in the regular season and the playoffs. Chaos wants our team to run like a finely oiled machine and we let NS back in it the other night. Thats what I read him to be saying. Good luck next week to the coaches and players of HC. I hope you go to Hardin County and bring home the hardware that you all deserve!!

I agree with all you said. My apologies to the Professor. We are playing a great team this week, and all of us need to pull together.

The "Professor" has an abrasive way of saying what all Henry County fans want to see. It is totally unrealistic, however, to have ANY team at ANY level, play without mental lapses, or to not relax a little, when up 34-7 in the first half. But that doesn't mean that coaches and fans alike, should accept it as OK. I'm sure that the Henry County coaches will address this more than a few times during the week. Unlike the Westview game, this will be a lesson learned, while still winning the game at hand.

The "Professor" has an abrasive way of saying what all Henry County fans want to see. It is totally unrealistic, however, to have ANY team at ANY level, play without mental lapses, or to not relax a little, when up 34-7 in the first half. But that doesn't mean that coaches and fans alike, should accept it as OK. I'm sure that the Henry County coaches will address this more than a few times during the week. Unlike the Westview game, this will be a lesson learned, while still winning the game at hand.

I agree but we have to push for the ideal. If we are not striving for perfection then why do we compete? Every athlete trains in the hope that when they step on the field they can achieve perfection in their given sport! Doesn't happen often, but when it does it is a special thing. Thats why we celebrate perfect games, no hitters, 158 quarterback ratings, going 10-10 from the ft line etc. Mere mortals never achieve these things but thats how legends are made! Go Big RED!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I saw, I saw officials call a game different becasue of the score being lopsided, I saw it at Brighton, I saw it a JCM and I saw itagainst Munford too. It along with a dropped snap from a punter changed the momentum of a game, nto the focus of the game. Norhtside gained momentum due to a ridiculous PI call and then the Patriots gave Northside more momentum by dropping a perfect snap to the punter. The punter may have lost focus but the Patriots did not. The Patriots weathered the storm and won. THe Patriots had over 200 yards rushing and the Indians had like 108, total yards Henry county was around 350 and the Indians were around 230, The most important stat was Henry county never had less points than the Indians, never. The Indians took advantage of a short field a few times. They played well but in the end they must win this week to make the playoffs.

I too was disappointed with the crowd.