Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

I was standing at field level almost in line with the line of scrimmage at the time of the ''offside". The end moved but I am not convinced that he invaded the neutral zone. Obviously the linesman didn't think so.I was very impressed with NS in the second half.They made good adjustments, fought hard, and never gave up. They are a much better team than I expected and certainly wish then well in their efforts to make the play offs which they should do. Mann is The Man --every bit as good as advertized. # 40 played great as did many others. HC could learn from NS's grit and determination. Munford's dismantling of Kingsbury should dispel the claims of our region's weakness which heretofore I had ascribed to. Our teams,Northside included, have a chance to do well in the playoffs.

I agree old lucipher, Northside will most likely play Melrose first round and will need to play very well to win but I would not be terribly surprised to see 3 or 4 teams win out of region 7. Fairley and Melrose will definitely be tough and their opponents will have to play well to beat them. I do not see Raleigh or kingsbury doing very well. I do notknow much about Kingsbury and had wondered aboutthem for a while but apparently Munford handled them with ease, ANy input cougar mike.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing at field level almost in line with the line of scrimmage at the time of the ''offside". The end moved but I am not convinced that he invaded the neutral zone. Obviously the linesman didn't think so.I was very impressed with NS in the second half.They made good adjustments, fought hard, and never gave up. They are a much better team than I expected and certainly wish then well in their efforts to make the play offs which they should do. Mann is The Man --every bit as good as advertized. # 40 played great as did many others. HC could learn from NS's grit and determination. Munford's dismantling of Kingsbury should dispel the claims of our region's weakness which heretofore I had ascribed to. Our teams,Northside included, have a chance to do well in the playoffs.

On offense, you do not have to "invade" the neutral zone, for an illegal procedure penalty to be invoked. That is only on defense. The end's movement itself, will illicit the penalty. I agree that Northside is better than most of us thought, and I was really impressed with the little running back, who played quite "big". I do not know exactly what we have to learn from Northside, however, about grit and determination. Was Henry County not behind Dickson County 14-0 and came back to win? Therefore, Henry County had grit and determination long before they had to "learn" about it from Northside! If Northside beats Liberty, and I expect that they will, they will be a very good representative for region 7 in the playoffs, and I wish them luck.

I have seen it on film. He was offsides. That turnover may not have made the outcome any different but we were talking about momentum

I have seen it on film. He was offsides. That turnover may not have made the outcome any different but we were talking about momentum

Since you have seen the film, how was the PI call on the Patriots down the sideline, was it as bad a call as it looked to be. From my angle during the game it was the offensive player than ran into the back of the defensive player while he was n the air going for the ball

What about the punt of North side with 3 minutes left in the game?I think that was a stupid call. The indians had them reeling. when ur on the road at the number 4 team of the state, u dont punt. Never the less, u dont do that with any team. I give the DUMB A%% AWARD to the head coach of North Side.It seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Heres to you sir.

Since you have seen the film, how was the PI call on the Patriots down the sideline, was it as bad a call as it looked to be. From my angle during the game it was the offensive player than ran into the back of the defensive player while he was n the air going for the ball

The defender clearly went into the wideout before he could make an attempt on the ball but I dont know if I would have called it. It looked like the defender lost sight of the ball. It either had to be on the defender or a no call. I think it should have been a no call. I have seen much worse calls and much worse no calls.

What about the punt of North side with 3 minutes left in the game?I think that was a stupid call. The indians had them reeling. when ur on the road at the number 4 team of the state, u dont punt. Never the less, u dont do that with any team. I give the DUMB A%% AWARD to the head coach of North Side.It seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Heres to you sir.

While I was surprised by the move, that's being too harsh on the coach. That's one of the hardest calls for a coach at the end of the game. It's nice to see that people have calmed down and given some credit to Northside. I hope they beat Liberty next week. I'd love to see what they would do against Melrose. Best of luck to you next week.

While I was surprised by the move, that's being too harsh on the coach. That's one of the hardest calls for a coach at the end of the game. It's nice to see that people have calmed down and given some credit to Northside. I hope they beat Liberty next week. I'd love to see what they would do against Melrose. Best of luck to you next week.

I also hope that they beat Liberty. Melrose may demolish them, but they will give them a better game than Liberty would.

Hermit how have you already seen the film? Are you a coach?

No I am not a coach, but I do tape all of the games I go to. As far as the punt goes. it is taough call but if you do the math. There is only 3:00 minutes left to go in the game and you have only 2 timeouts. At best if you stop them you get 2:00 minutes to work down the field with no timeouts. Even at that the punt team for northside hasnt been very dependable all year. And that if you stop Henry Co. on three downs. One first down and its over.

Why not punt? The Henry County offense had been stopped for an entire half. Force Henry County to punt and watch their punt team self-destruct again. The odds were better than converting on 4th down.