Does Spurrier do it?

Solomon

UT/SC  

12 members have voted

1. 1. UT/SC

Even the most ardent of Fulmer-lover and Spurrier-hater has got to chuckle at what we've got Saturday night.

We've got a coach who is sitting on a stove at 510 degrees (total yardage of Bama Saturday) who left his "supporters" furious for lack of game plan, focus, execution, and general common sense Saturday in a game against his #1 team to beat. Then he left those same folks bewildered and shaking their head in amazement with his latest idea. (I've gone from bewilderment to just laughing.)

So who comes in coaching the next game? None other than ol' Darth Viser himself, the evil ol' ball coach, Steve Spurrier. 10-6 lifetime against Fulmer, including that debacle in Neyland 2 years ago. Even more, Spurrier is coming off a pretty embarassing defeat himself Saturday against Vandy. Anybody else thinks he's going to let his team lay two eggs in a row?

Must win game for Fulmer? Absolutely.

Irony? At it's finest.

Does Spurrier himself provide that straw that breaks the back of Fulmer's coaching career? You tell me.

The SEC is loaded... The Vols have lost a few games. stinks, yes it does. But, how many coaches do you know of that can win every game they coach in the SEC. Not even Spurrier can do that. I think Fulmer has done it once though.

Quit crying. We know Fulmer is a great coach. If you can't stick with HIM and the Vols during what we call a let down year... Then your not really a fan.

We can still win the SEC. In my opinion, whoever wins it is the REAL national champion regardless of their overall record. And we got people that want him fired...ha

The SEC is loaded... The Vols have lost a few games. stinks, yes it does. But, how many coaches do you know of that can win every game they coach in the SEC. Not even Spurrier can do that. I think Fulmer has done it once though.

Quit crying. We know Fulmer is a great coach. If you can't stick with HIM and the Vols during what we call a let down year... Then your not really a fan.

We can still win the SEC. In my opinion, whoever wins it is the REAL national champion regardless of their overall record. And we got people that want him fired...ha

Tennessee did not "win" that game as much as SC "lost" it. If you were not bewildered by the second half of the game Saturday night, then your opinion has no merit because you would fail Football 101. Doing the same thing over and over on offense and defense and seeing the same results over and over with three and outs and 15-20 yard gains on every pass play. If they were expecting different results then I guess they would qualify for the definition of insane.

Yes, Tennessee can win the SEC. And I do think they will win the east. And if they do and play LSU in Atlanta, they playing field will be evened up only because of Miles being on the other sideline. However, it is not so much for what Tennessee has done to win it as opposed to what other have done to lose it. Tennessee has also been the beneficiary of not getting Auburn or LSU on the schedule this year. All things considered, Tennessee has really lucked out in who their western division opponents are and when they will get them. I guess the only way it could have been easier is if Arkansas could be traded for Ole Miss.

Tennessee did not "win" that game as much as SC "lost" it. If you were not bewildered by the second half of the game Saturday night, then your opinion has no merit because you would fail Football 101. Doing the same thing over and over on offense and defense and seeing the same results over and over with three and outs and 15-20 yard gains on every pass play. If they were expecting different results then I guess they would qualify for the definition of insane.

Yes, Tennessee can win the SEC. And I do think they will win the east. And if they do and play LSU in Atlanta, they playing field will be evened up only because of Miles being on the other sideline. However, it is not so much for what Tennessee has done to win it as opposed to what other have done to lose it. Tennessee has also been the beneficiary of not getting Auburn or LSU on the schedule this year. All things considered, Tennessee has really lucked out in who their western division opponents are and when they will get them. I guess the only way it could have been easier is if Arkansas could be traded for Ole Miss.

Whats the difference between Fulmer and Les Miles? Miles is doing the same thing Fulmer done for years, he's out talenting teams not out coaching them. Just look at the Auburn game. His bonehead decision to not call a timeout and kick a field goal was 1 second or a dropped pass away from having LSU drop out of the BCS top 10. His amazing athletes bailed him out so he didn't have to drive home with a loss and 2 timeouts.

Whats the difference between Fulmer and Les Miles? Miles is doing the same thing Fulmer done for years, he's out talenting teams not out coaching them. Just look at the Auburn game. His bonehead decision to not call a timeout and kick a field goal was 1 second or a dropped pass away from having LSU drop out of the BCS top 10. His amazing athletes bailed him out so he didn't have to drive home with a loss and 2 timeouts.

I agree with that some what.

Solomon must just be one of those spoiled fans who expects to win every game. I'm sure Fulmer has some sort of reason for his play calling. Maybe Fulmer has strong confidence in the plays he called and the "talent" just didn't execute. Maybe he continued to call the plays he called because the Defence was vulnerable in those spots and maybe the "talent" didn't execute...?? Who knows?? No reason to give the guy such a hard time if you really don't know what your talking about....

I agree with that some what.

Solomon must just be one of those spoiled fans who expects to win every game. I'm sure Fulmer has some sort of reason for his play calling. Maybe Fulmer has strong confidence in the plays he called and the "talent" just didn't execute. Maybe he continued to call the plays he called because the Defence was vulnerable in those spots and maybe the "talent" didn't execute...?? Who knows?? No reason to give the guy such a hard time if you really don't know what your talking about....

Or maybe Solomon does know what he's talking about. As of right now ,Ole Miss is probably the only other SEC school that would switch coaches with UT.

Just a thought.

Two coaches in the SEC without a doubt I think Fulmer can outcoach - Coach O and Les Miles. That's just my thought.

Ol' Sol does know what he's talking about. Ol' Sol is also one of the few, if not only person, who posts on here who invests in the program more besides just flipping on the tube every Saturday and watching the game. And I promise my football knowledge is near the top of this board as well. So ye best know the detail of what you are dealing with before you call someone out.

Offensively, Saturday was the first time all season I've stratched my head at some of the calls. And I did the entire second half. Defensively I have all season. When something doesn't work and has been proven to work over and over and over and over and you continually do it, eventually I am going to disagree with you. Chavis has went well beyond that point.

I don't expect us to win every game. I also am not going to tolerate giving up 40 points three times in a season and losing games by 14 (almost 21), 39, and 24 points in the same season - especially when the latter 2 are to the biggest rivals. UT presents itself in all manners as a top 10 program and I expect fairly consistent results with how it presents itself.

I hope, and want, Fulmer to turn this program back to where he had it from 95-01. I want him to be able to go out on his terms and win another title or two along the way. However, the reality I see every Saturday says that we are no where near that and I don't see it getting there anytime soon. UT leads the East now more by default than anything else. He wins out and plays in Atlanta, and no one will be happier than me.

My loyalty is first to the program and then to the coaches. If the coaches cannot keep the program where the program has presented itself to be, then it is time to find someone to get it there. Period.

Two coaches in the SEC without a doubt I think Fulmer can outcoach - Coach O and Les Miles. That's just my thought.

Ol' Sol does know what he's talking about. Ol' Sol is also one of the few, if not only person, who posts on here who invests in the program more besides just flipping on the tube every Saturday and watching the game. And I promise my football knowledge is near the top of this board as well. So ye best know the detail of what you are dealing with before you call someone out.

Offensively, Saturday was the first time all season I've stratched my head at some of the calls. And I did the entire second half. Defensively I have all season. When something doesn't work and has been proven to work over and over and over and over and you continually do it, eventually I am going to disagree with you. Chavis has went well beyond that point.

I don't expect us to win every game. I also am not going to tolerate giving up 40 points three times in a season and losing games by 14 (almost 21), 39, and 24 points in the same season - especially when the latter 2 are to the biggest rivals. UT presents itself in all manners as a top 10 program and I expect fairly consistent results with how it presents itself.

I hope, and want, Fulmer to turn this program back to where he had it from 95-01. I want him to be able to go out on his terms and win another title or two along the way. However, the reality I see every Saturday says that we are no where near that and I don't see it getting there anytime soon. UT leads the East now more by default than anything else. He wins out and plays in Atlanta, and no one will be happier than me.

My loyalty is first to the program and then to the coaches. If the coaches cannot keep the program where the program has presented itself to be, then it is time to find someone to get it there. Period.

Well said.

I think Les Miles could be out coached by anyone in the SEC.....well except for the caveman at Ole Miss.. Make no mistake about that. With the talent he has, he should be blowing people out. He loses Jimbo Fisher and all of a sudden his offense struggles. Head coaches that are just great recruiters need to surround themselves with great assistants to survive. Fulmer did it for a while, and now Les Miles is doing the same thing.

Good post.

I'm just not one to say much about a coach unless I know for a fact that I know more than the coach I am talking about. I was brought up to believe that as long as the coach was the coach, you went with what he said, no questions asked. If we are going to complain then I would complain about who is in charge of hiring or firing Fulmer.

I don't know very much about football, don't pretend to. From the way the college kids talk to today, the problem is with recruiting. Kids these days rather go to a school close to the coast or in a big party city. Knoxville just doesn't seem to have much appeal to the college kids that we need to recruit. Especially if the team can't finish within the Top 10.

I agree, UT didn't win it as much as SC gave it away. That's what makes it so sweet. How many times did we give the game away to Florida and Spurrier, the same way Spurrier and SC gave it to us? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />