Band's effect on the game

BandDawg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band makes no difference in the football game what so ever. You are just a complete nerd and want to feel important. Do you really think yall band "distracted" the offense making them not score, get real with your life and play a sport. I, for one, know the band doesn't effect the game and plus i just texted at least 5 other football players asking them and they all had the same response. Seriously do you think your that important....the answer is no.

The band makes no difference in the football game what so ever. You are just a complete nerd and want to feel important. Do you really think yall band "distracted" the offense making them not score, get real with your life and play a sport. I, for one, know the band doesn't effect the game and plus i just texted at least 5 other football players asking them and they all had the same response. Seriously do you think your that important....the answer is no.

Dude, you obviously haven't seen the effects of a real football game with a good band. Band DOES make a difference and sorry, but you're a moron for calling whoever that other person was a "band nerd" and for thinking that it doesn't make a difference. I could have quite a few football players tell you the complete opposite of what you think about band's influence. Please, if you're gonna trash talk band, get off the band part of the forums or just talk to me sometime-we could have a nice talk i'm sure. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Anyways, I think the band can make a HUGE difference in football games.

GO BAND!!

Guess you've never been to a collage game before. The band is part of the game. Most post about opening night start with the band playing the smell of hamburgers etc. You prob ride the pine and can't stand a "band nerd" is on the field when you can't even hand out the water. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think It's obvious that a band has a huge effect on a game. It just SHOULDNT have so much effect so as to prevent an offense from scoring. The only conceivable way it could do so is if the QB wanted to audible to a completely different play and someone out on the edges couldn't hear, and they just so happened to be the keystone of the play. Assuming a team is at least competent enough to get the snap in a loud environment, thats about the only way. In the event that they weren't, they would probably screw the play up some other way anyway.

The problem lies with the absolute lack of consistency officials will call the noise warnings. The rule of thumb that is used is the band should cease playing loud when the Q-back goes under center. HOWEVER...there are bands that will ignore that rule and play straight thru the defensive series of their team in order to create a distraction. (There is even a band that was asked..by the school superintendent and former coach of that multiple state-championship small school...and the present coach's dad HINT...to continue playing even after being asked by the host principal/game official to cease!) This inconsistency causes a conflict with other groups who are actually following the rule of sportsmanship yet would like to balance the scales. Who wants the BAND, for crying out loud, to draw a penalty for their team? (And I have seen it happen, albeit at the college level.)

Again, it may be asking too much for the TSSAA to evenly officiate this issue, as they are usually incapable to do anything else with a level of common sense...

Guess you've never been to a collage game before. The band is part of the game. Most post about opening night start with the band playing the smell of hamburgers etc. You prob ride the pine and can't stand a "band nerd" is on the field when you can't even hand out the water. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now voice didn't i get yelled at for making a post just like this one????????? practice what you preach!