opinions on MJ basketball

mjbear12

bigpoppa---you pretty much hit the nail on the head--we did play hard and were prepared but we didnt execute-and it had to be very difficult for coach d because we lost a lot of talent to central and it was a tough situation to come into---i do also agree that the opporunity he was given with us was not the best considering the school splitings and what there was to work with

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr king, i stand by my comments that the team had good talent. i love dearing to death but lets look at this from my view. we had good seniors that should have helped care this team. some players were played in wrong times of the ballgame causing us to fall behind early and then lose. and sometimes when players dont execute a play the coach is the coach is looked upon. i also believe the players on this years team are the sameones as last years team except for 2 people. in summer ball the only had 1 of those players and went 20 and 5. now i believe if the team has the same talent as last year why is it they go from 6 or so wins to winning 20 games in the summer against good opponents. now in my book that is called good talent mr king i dont know what you would call it.

Posted by lpmarlowe:

mr king, i stand by my comments that the team had good talent. i love dearing to death but lets look at this from my view. we had good seniors that should have helped care this team. some players were played in wrong times of the ballgame causing us to fall behind early and then lose. and sometimes when players dont execute a play the coach is the coach is looked upon. i also believe the players on this years team are the sameones as last years team except for 2 people. in summer ball the only had 1 of those players and went 20 and 5. now i believe if the team has the same talent as last year why is it they go from 6 or so wins to winning 20 games in the summer against good opponents. now in my book that is called good talent mr king i dont know what you would call it.

OK so last year's team had good seniors that should have helped care (sic) the team, but thsi year's team is no different except for two players?

On a related point, though...it's very believeable that a team can go from 6 wins to 20 wins in one year without any turnover. It's called maturing. If they were young last year and they're not young this year, it's pretty simple to believe they didn't have the players to win last year but they do now.

I say all this not having seen MJ, but Marlowe, your comments are contradictory at best.

Posted by lpmarlowe:

Marloew, summer ball is hard practice at best. The competition is not out to win, its out to get better. If you think success in summer guarantees success this winter, again you show you lack of knowledge. Most teams are out to work on their skills and could really care less if they win or not. Go back to your dirt patch in the cow pasture and throw manure at the peach basket. You are a perfect example of the problems at Mt. Juliet. You think you know some b-ball, when in reality you dont know squat, and you think your opinion is the voice of others when its not. Please keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. Next time you think you have something intelligent to say, write it down, read it 3 times, and get the opinion of someone who actually knows some basketball, preferrably someone not related to you. Get that raise at Mapco yet? Speak less, listen more, and you will go further, little one. Your parents didnt teach you how to think or how to play basketball.

mr. king, what you wrote is the mt juliet stinks. you say that winning 20 games in summer ball is just not a win. mr king you are sounding to me like your on the defensive about something towards mt juliet. i do know a thing or two about basketball. believe me i do pay attention, and i do get into a little coaching in my spare time of LEARNING how to coach as you would call it. you know what in my opinion to be a coach you always need to learn to get better so that is what i do. since i can play anymore bc of a mis hap in a surgery i sit on the sideline and take notes on what a team is doing and what can be changed about it. so no i am not dum or as you say i dont have an informed opinion about something well when mt juliet wins district this year and goes to state we will see who has the informed decision about talent

Posted by lpmarlowe:

mr. king, what you wrote is the mt juliet stinks. you say that winning 20 games in summer ball is just not a win. mr king you are sounding to me like your on the defensive about something towards mt juliet. i do know a thing or two about basketball. believe me i do pay attention, and i do get into a little coaching in my spare time of LEARNING how to coach as you would call it. you know what in my opinion to be a coach you always need to learn to get better so that is what i do. since i can play anymore bc of a mis hap in a surgery i sit on the sideline and take notes on what a team is doing and what can be changed about it. so no i am not dum or as you say i dont have an informed opinion about something well when mt juliet wins district this year and goes to state we will see who has the informed decision about talent

Mt. Juliet in the state...boy you better hope not. If by freak chance that they do get there, they will be owned by anyone they play. Keep taking your notes...and you might want to get out and see some other teams, not just the ones Mt. Juliet is playing. Dont you understand how good the level of play is out there, and how far the Bears are away from it? My gosh, most teams are bringing half their JV so they can play the second half against them. Summer ball records dont count for squat. Most teams are building skills, not records. Dont know of a state record for summer basketball. How many games did the Detroit Tigers win in spring practice? No one know and know one cares..they still stink. Try driving a little outside of Wilson county where real basketball is being played. Sorry about the surgery mishap, dude, but it may be the best thing that happened...if it keeps you off the floor, it just might have saved your life...with your lack of knowledge, you had to have been a danger to yourself on others on the floor. I pity anyone you get to do a "little" coaching on. Made manager at Mapco yet? When do you get off the night shift? Oh, wait a minute, I think you are the guy who changed my oil the other day.

Answerking, ease up on Marlowe. Your pointed comments and dogma destroy your credibility. Can you have intelligent conversation without name calling? Someone with as much self-proclaimed knowledge as you should be a professional basketball analyst. Instead, you post 65 messages on CoachT.com. Sounds like a job at MAPCO would be a step in the right direction for you. Get out from behind your computer and do something productive--like changing my oil; I'm over 3,000 miles already.

Posted by coolio:

Answerking, ease up on Marlowe. Your pointed comments and dogma destroy your credibility. Can you have intelligent conversation without name calling? Someone with as much self-proclaimed knowledge as you should be a professional basketball analyst. Instead, you post 65 messages on CoachT.com. Sounds like a job at MAPCO would be a step in the right direction for you. Get out from behind your computer and do something productive--like changing my oil; I'm over 3,000 miles already.

Coolio, or should I say Marlowe? You are a n idiot too...when you try to insult someone, dont do the "I know you are, but what am I" routine...try to be a little more origional. Before you sway you arent Marlowe, and then sign back on as Marlowe and say the you're not coolio, take a computer class and learn to hide better. Moron, cover you tracks better...1 post, and this is the only one, you came on as a new member and the only post you can make is on this thread? Very amature...just like your basketball skills and knowledge. Keep taking you notes at the end of the bench, keep the pencils sharp and your opinions to yourself. Be careful, that oil can burn your delicate little hands...stick to a cash register, where your hands will stay soft.

for real answerking---lighten up--all i was askin for was opinions--i made this thread for a reason other than talking trash on the computer(which is highly professional by the way)-and youve turned it into a trash talk fest--i could care less about your job or any job at mapco or whatever the heck you do but i was askin about mj basketball---and i also highly suggest before you go talk trash about how nobody really competes in summer ball---do some research about some of the camps we went to and tell me there was no competetition--granite--there were more bad teams than good---ill easily admit that--but take a look at some of the teams we beat also before you criticize