opinions on MJ basketball

mjbear12

thank you mr dice for your comments. all i was doing in this post was trying to protect the program in mt juliet. when mr king went off about no talent and it was not the coaches fault just lack of talent i responded. and mr king responded in a 1st graders attitude. dogging everthing and anything about mj basketball. so i apprecicate your comments. i really hope mr king understands he is hurting his reputation by being a little kid and saying he is better than anyones else because he has the power to fire people since he is an administrator. well i dont care if he is an aministrator or not. the only administrators i care about is the ones at mjhs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so easy to get all of you riled up. Can't you see that this is all just a way to poke fun at a serious problem? Your own defensiveness shows that you know what I say is true. Maybe my method of was somewhat harsh for you, but I thought you could handle it. Obviously I was wrong. One thing we all must do is be able to handle a little criticism. When you jump on me I jump back, and when I jump on you, you jump back, and there is nothing wrong with that, thats human nature. But AGAIN, YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT. Dont let this happen to more good coaches at Mt. Juliet. You can dance around the issue all you want by slinging crap at me, and thats ok...I understand your limited abilities to express yourselves and unwillingness to accept responsibility. But again...DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO ANOTHER GOOD COACH. The message is plain and simple...just dont kill the messenger for bring a lesson that you really do need.

Mount Juliet will be improved this year for several reasons. One, Coach Dearing is a big believer in teaching fundamentals. You have to crawl before you can walk.

I guarantee if you ask any of the players from last year they will tell you they learned a lot about the game from him. Now Coach Cutlip will get to reap the rewards of that work. Second, the team had VERY little experience last year. Only one player had any real varsity experience. Now, they have a year under their belts. Third, they have had a couple of transfers come in that can help them. 6'6" post players have been as rare as hens teeth in MJ. And finally, fourth is that the school board, director of schools and the administration realize how badly they have looked to people outside of Wilson County in their treatment of Dearing in basketball and Winfree in football and don't want to draw any more attention to themselves so Coach Cutlip will be given more than one year. People in Wilson County have known for years how poorly the school system is run. Pitiful salaries and inadequate facilities. The good old boys drew too much attention to themselves this time. One board member was already voted out.

the reason its quite is that there is no point in discussing the matter further. i could go on and on about mt juliet basketball but mr king ever time comes on here and dogs mj basketball for no reason. he has never once stated what his ill will toward the program. just bc his good friend coach dearing got fired at the end of the year doesnt give him the right to dog the players and fans at the school has. if it was the parents fault in kings replys then dearing should have stood up and defended himself but he didnt. there was more then one good player on the team as the post stated that could have played for different teams.

Posted by lpmarlowe:

the reason its quite is that there is no point in discussing the matter further. i could go on and on about mt juliet basketball but mr king ever time comes on here and dogs mj basketball for no reason. he has never once stated what his ill will toward the program. just bc his good friend coach dearing got fired at the end of the year doesnt give him the right to dog the players and fans at the school has. if it was the parents fault in kings replys then dearing should have stood up and defended himself but he didnt. there was more then one good player on the team as the post stated that could have played for different teams.

Thanks for bringing me back in this, Marlowe. If you will read my posts for comprehension, then you will know my problems about Mt. J bball. Its not with the program, its with all the extraneous issues in Wilson county. Apparently the obviousness of my posts were wasted on you. My post said there were 2 players that could play on other teams, not one. Get your facts straight or shut up. Your reasoning skills are lacking and you debate skills are even worse. This post was dying until you put my name in your mouth. Shut up and let it die. Your are just like a whinny little girl who broek her tea cup. Cry me a river...I have done nothing but wish the best for Mt. J basketball...but again you missed my message...don't do this to another coach. Time to shut up Marlowe. Let it go and keep my name out of your mouth.

i dont mind keeping your name of the computer. but the one player wasnt toward you it was keckler who made that statement. and you havent always had good things to say about the program either. you said in one post you pity the me and the future of the program. you also said the new coach was considered a self respecting person who shouldnt have taken the job after what had happened. you sayed our intensity was down and mj has no mental toughness. in my opinion, the person who stated this is the same person who just now sayed he had nothing but good things to say about mj basketball. this person does think twice about lying does he. you also dont have to worry about the coach getting fired because that wont happen. finally the reason the board member is no longer there is do to the fact that the people in that area he represented didnt like the way he was representing the whole school system, so they replaced him.

again you are showing lack of comprehension. I said I had nothing but good wishes for Mt. J bball, that has nothing to do with negative comments about what has been happening there in both football and basketball. I want Mt. J to succeed, and to do that, then they cant allow that crap to happen again. My gosh, do you understand anything you read? Let the thread die, my slow little friend. Just shut up and let it die.But understand this, if you say something about me or to me I will respond to set the record straight, because you apparently never get the facts right. This pigheaded wrong mindedness is a perfect example of why the crap at Mt. J happened. Thanks for providing further examples, but really, it is time to stop.