D-B and Science Hill

agentorange

How does everyone feel about the outcomes of the two D-B versus Science Hill games this season?

To be honest with you, If I were betting for one of the two teams, Id have to put my money on DB.

Ive Been around this Dobyns-Bennett program for multiple years, back in the days when Buck Van Hus Coached.

Let me tell you something, I see something special about this team, i can spot it in a heart beat. I see it.

Mighty fine boys out there for Coach Charley Morgan. The Talent this team has for the season of 07-08......

Should be no reason!! on paper or on the hardwood should DB have to loose a game to SH.

DB is just better. They are bigger, better shooters, better post, better chemistry, so this game is in DB's hands the whole way. Now we keep hearing guys say that NO team will go undefeated in the regular season. Well say DB beats Science Hill twice then please tell me WHO and HOW some other team is going to beat DB in conference play of the regular season.

The other 7 teams in the Big 9 should cancel practice Monday. Just let SH and DB go ahead and play the Region 1 Championship game!

I agree none of the other teams have a chance to beat DB and even Science Hill. So who is coming in 3rd?

If anyone beat either team in substate...who could do it?

There is nobody that can play with DB out of the other region. Bearden would come the closest and they are not deep enough. If Bearden played Science Hill it would be close but I think that SH is too athletic. SO NO!!! There is no team that can compete w/ EITHER of these two teams.

I agree none of the other teams have a chance to beat DB and even Science Hill. So who is coming in 3rd?There is nobody that can play with DB out of the other region. Bearden would come the closest and they are not deep enough. If Bearden played Science Hill it would be close but I think that SH is too athletic. SO NO!!! There is no team that can compete w/ EITHER of these two teams.

Well, Powell beat D-B in susbstate last year and I find it hard to believe that D-B will be better losing Throp, Sensabaugh and Williamson (I think). Powell should be pretty good again this year. Bearden has great inside game. Oak Ridge has almost every one back from a talented team. And, don't forget Maryville. They are, after all, the defending state champions with numerous players back from that team.

To be honest, I think any team from Region 1 will be lucky to get to Murfreesboro.

Well, Powell beat D-B in susbstate last year and I find it hard to believe that D-B will be better losing Throp, Sensabaugh and Williamson (I think). Powell should be pretty good again this year. Bearden has great inside game. Oak Ridge has almost every one back from a talented team. And, don't forget Maryville. They are, after all, the defending state champions with numerous players back from that team.

To be honest, I think any team from Region 1 will be lucky to get to Murfreesboro.

Well if you are going to be honest then I am going to be honest as well. So lets just get to the point. You apparently post a lot like your name cause you KNOW NOTHING. Dude we are talking about THIS YEARS team. Not about who got beat when last year. Or who won it all last year. We are talking about how it is going to play out THIS YEAR!!!!! And next, YES!!!!!!!! This years Dobyns Bennett team is MUCH better than last year's. No reason to go into why, cause if you wanna know then look back at many of the previous posts. Yes, Maryville is a good squad and Bearden as well. But that's all that conference has to compete with DB and SH. Yes, Bearden has a great inside game but they have NO guards that can compete with DB's set. Maryville on the other hand DOES have the guards to compete with that of DB, BUT they DONT have the posts to beat them. So I personally think that DB will be able to beat them. Now OBVIOUSLY they would be close games. No team is just going to stomp over the other. But I think that when DB needs to score they will with there very good offense (we will find out if it is under the category of great with they start to play games, so as for now just very good) and when they need a stop they will cause they have one of the best defenses in the EAST. Especially considering they have the best defender in the BIG 9 with Sylvester. Then the post have great height so if you get your shot off you just gettin one chance. But think what you want to cause we will all find out here in about 5 months when DB faces off against Maryville at home and Bearden faces off SH @ Bearden. Winners go to State.

Just my thoughts on it. And in regards to the whole fact about player's posting about themselves, let's not jump to conclusions unless we know, cause that could hurt a player's image when that certain player has done nothing wrong. So let's just lay off of that. Thats my 2 cents about it.

Well if you are going to be honest then I am going to be honest as well. So lets just get to the point. You apparently post a lot like your name cause you KNOW NOTHING. Dude we are talking about THIS YEARS team. Not about who got beat when last year. Or who won it all last year. We are talking about how it is going to play out THIS YEAR!!!!! And next, YES!!!!!!!! This years Dobyns Bennett team is MUCH better than last year's. No reason to go into why, cause if you wanna know then look back at many of the previous posts. Yes, Maryville is a good squad and Bearden as well. But that's all that conference has to compete with DB and SH. Yes, Bearden has a great inside game but they have NO guards that can compete with DB's set. Maryville on the other hand DOES have the guards to compete with that of DB, BUT they DONT have the posts to beat them. So I personally think that DB will be able to beat them. Now OBVIOUSLY they would be close games. No team is just going to stomp over the other. But I think that when DB needs to score they will with there very good offense (we will find out if it is under the category of great with they start to play games, so as for now just very good) and when they need a stop they will cause they have one of the best defenses in the EAST. Especially considering they have the best defender in the BIG 9 with Sylvester. Then the post have great height so if you get your shot off you just gettin one chance. But think what you want to cause we will all find out here in about 5 months when DB faces off against Maryville at home and Bearden faces off SH @ Bearden. Winners go to State.

Just my thoughts on it. And in regards to the whole fact about player's posting about themselves, let's not jump to conclusions unless we know, cause that could hurt a player's image when that certain player has done nothing wrong. So let's just lay off of that. Thats my 2 cents about it.

How is D-B going to be better at the guard position losing Throp and Sensabaugh? You say that their guards are so good, but who are they? How has D-B improved so much? Are you the student manager for D-B? Do you wash their jocks straps? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />