Overton Couty Girls Basketball

Overton County Fan

Allons looks ok, but haven't seem to find their grove just yet. I think they will be fine once they get their guards in control of the game. Should be able to play with and/or beat Hilham.

Hilham girls look as good as the where last year or better (tnt state champs) Their returning point guard has grown alot over the summer. Coach Williams seems to be set for another successful season.

Rickman isn't hardly has good as they were last year, but they will certainly hold their own in county play. I am sure Coach Miller will make a run for the county title and maybe even the state in his division.

LMS should be good. They still have the Meadows girl that transfered in. She is a great guard and will also be good at the high school level later on.

This is going to be a great year in elementary/middle school girls basketball.

Allons girls, the defending county champs, IMO, are down compared to last year. Several 8th graders, just low on experience. Will still be good. I think they go as Daily goes. She will get, IMO, alot of double/ maybe triple teams. It will be interesting to see how the other girls step up. I think one to watch is Johnson at point guard because the guard play will get better. Hannah ?(forgot her last name) will be another to watch, she stepped up last year on several occasions on minimal minutes. They have some young talent as well. ?? at coaching only because of inexpeience. But will be fine.

Hilham. What can you say ther than loaded. With the addition of the Jackson Co. girl, they are rock solid. Will be hard to handle night in and night out. Hoover is a great point guard. Williams and Cantrell, stout as well. If these girls rebound every game, they will be hard to do anything with. They also play well for Coach Williams. Probably the team to beat.

Rickman may not as good this year on paper, but they do have Miller running the show. I think he is a great coach. He just seems to know how to get it out of the players. Kelsey Copeland will hit the 3 ball and be tough on D, Boykin will be a bull in the paint and around the glass. Norris is another good point guard, who will do a good job for them. All around they have good size with speed and will be tough a usual. Their defense will win more games for them than not.

LMS will be good as well. Not a lot of size but relatively speedy. Tough, scrappy bunch, well coached and conditioned, that will win on hustle and determination. I believe they have 7 8th graders. But not all have alot of experience. They will be team oriented and have good leadership out of Maynord at point guard. Dixon can/will be tough down low, but needs to stay out of foul trouble. York will not score alot but is usually in the right place at the right time on the boards. Kingery is a scrapper and will be tough. Smith will be the best shooter on the perimeter. Meadows is having to grow up quick (6th grader) and will help the team, but I think the best is yet to come from her.

With Hilham, IMO, being the team to beat, I would not want to bet against any of these four teams when they play one another this year. It's going to be fun year to watch.

Well, so far in the DVC, Hilham beat Rickman. LMS has beat Allons. With Allons out of the tournament. LMS will get to play Rickman or Hilham (or both) next week. Hilham and Rickman could have a rematch as well. Going to be fun week to watch. RES and HES really look strong. Neither LMS nor Allons has been as impressive so far in the tournament as Hilham or Rickman, IMO. Good luck to all teams!

Hilham defeated LMS in pretty good ball game. Hilham seemed to be in control though winning by two. Rickman dominated Avery Trace for 3.5 quarters and AT came back and made a game of it, but Rickman was the better team this night. Rematch: Rickman and Hilham 6:30 at LMS for the championship. LMS plays Avery Trace in the consolation game at 4:30. Good luck to both teams. Will be a good night of girls basketball!

Overton County Fan..where you at? What do you think of the county teams so far? Anyone else got any thing?

• 4 weeks later...