No one wants to finish 4th in 1-3A!

KevB1990

The Tigers played themselves into contention with their first win in the last 11 region games. They'll finish 4th if they can avenge last season's 74-27 thrashing at the hands of Claiborne. Gibbs still gets in if Claiborne wins because Claiborne is mathematically out of it.

So after being left for dead, the Tigers control their own destiny...which means Catholic will probably beat them 80-0 in the first round... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers played themselves into contention with their first win in the last 11 region games. They'll finish 4th if they can avenge last season's 74-27 thrashing at the hands of Claiborne. Gibbs still gets in if Claiborne wins because Claiborne is mathematically out of it.

So after being left for dead, the Tigers control their own destiny...which means Catholic will probably beat them 80-0 in the first round... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yeah and Rutledge will only lose 79 to 0 in the first round.

So did you start this thread to brag on the Tigers or laugh at them?

Neither...it was to make a point that NO ONE wants to be 4th obviously. All Gibbs had to do was win that game and they didn't. The fact that PF did win finally actually opened up the entire bottom tier of the region for the 4th place spot. Now that the dust has settled it's all on PF to grab it if they can beat Claiborne. I'd like to see Gibbs sneak up on Seymour, but that ain't gonna happen.

I could kick PF while they're down, but what fun would that be? And the only way that Catholic doesn't score 80 is if they call off the dogs...and the mercy rule starts midway through the 2nd quarter. They are that good.

I think that KevB's statement is completely accurate, that noone wants to be 4th and play a loaded Catholic team. But I am in slight contrast to your point Kev. I think that it is a great thing to make the playoffs, no matter what place. And remember, every dog has his day. Afew years back Union County was 4th and went to AE and almost shocked the world. To Pigeon Forge, good luck this week, I would love to see you guys in the playoffs. If you can acheive this, Coach Hammonds could get coach of the year from going 0-10(not him, but the team) to a playoff berth is a great thing.

Well in my opinion, I think it is an asinine statement because every team strives to make the playoffs, no matter what. In fact, if a team does feel that way, then why do you even put on the pads? The greatest games I was ever involved in were against unbeatable teams that we either defeated or played the best we could. But to question if a team wanted to lose because of the next opponent is perhaps the most absurd statement that I have read on one of these boards.

It seems pretty logical to me...I'm not sure I'd want to get humiliated in the first round like that because there does appear to be a drop-off after Catholic this season. I might be perceiving it wrong (or even asinine in my perception /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ), but it does seem like that somewhat.

It seems pretty logical to me...I'm not sure I'd want to get humiliated in the first round like that because there does appear to be a drop-off after Catholic this season. I might be perceiving it wrong (or even asinine in my perception /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ), but it does seem like that somewhat.

PF for sure wants to win Fri. night ,if claiborne does'nt bring thier game PF will win. But the Year GP was down and won just 4 games they had to play a very strong Alcoa who won state by 4 tds and the score was 91 -6. nobody wants to end thier season like that. Benny Hammonds would never do that to another team, He has too much class. This year he could have scored a 100 plus many times.I'm sure the cathloic coach would call them off, I think?

The only way they could do something about it if they felt that way was to lose on purpose, which they'd never do, so what is your point?

It seems pretty logical to me...I'm not sure I'd want to get humiliated in the first round like that because there does appear to be a drop-off after Catholic this season. I might be perceiving it wrong (or even asinine in my perception rolleyes.gif ), but it does seem like that somewhat.

That's what is so beautiful about sports. Sometimes you have to fight the giant to grow and get better. Do you think that Appalachian State went to Michigan thinking defeat? For all its worth, Michigan should have beat them handily. Even with App State being the quality program they are, if you ask any fan, Michigan has the upper hand in every aspect from facilities, to tradition, to athletes. But they went to Michigan and defeated them. By your logic, they shouldn't have even gotten on a plane to go up there.

No one wants to lose any game, but to say that a team doesn't want an opportunity to make the playoffs because of who their opponent would be is just crazy. As I stated before, some of my most memorable games were against so called unbeatable teams or games in which I was a distinct underdog. In addition, if you're walking into a game looking to be humiliated or thinking you will lose, you already have been.