Hampton vs. Cloudland

Lord Vader

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am here to tell you that wasn't done on purpose. There were a couple of times I did call him that but I corrected myself and I even apologized to the Grace's coaching staff that was in the booth. We call each other has beens and wannabees and I got tounge tied and accidentally said wannabee instead of wannamaker. No harm was intended. I even gave him cudos to the coaches. Outstanding player. The day I begin to demeaner players will be the day that I pass on the mike. I will say that the Grace coaching staff was one of the best group of men that has ever sat in the box. After the game we all shook hands, said God Bless and went home.

Odd how we make accusations without facts.

Voice of the Highlanders

Scott

I went to this game also. When Hampton played Grace Christian last year in Knoxville they were the nicest fans and facility I have ever visited without question. The fans came over to welcome us, our cheerleaders were given "gift bags" our players and coaches were set up with a hospitality table with food and drinks. I can only imagine how the players and fans felt last Thursday night, after the way they were treated by Cloudland. I don't think it made the Grace player you called "Wannabe", or his parents feel better that you gave the coaches sitting in the booth with you "cudos" after embarrassing their kid in front of his team and your team. My son and I went to the game to cheer for Cloudland because I have several good friends from Cloudland. Several players from Hampton attended this game. They were cursed by your Cloudland fans. Several older men came up to these boys and shouted "Hampton s@cks!" The fans were throwing stuff at these boys. I have never seen any worse sportsmanship shown at any other school with the exception of Cosby last year. Those Scott are the facts - not accusations. You as the "Voice of the Landers" are an educated man and a teacher. You should know better.

I went to this game also. When Hampton played Grace Christian last year in Knoxville they were the nicest fans and facility I have ever visited without question. The fans came over to welcome us, our cheerleaders were given "gift bags" our players and coaches were set up with a hospitality table with food and drinks. I can only imagine how the players and fans felt last Thursday night, after the way they were treated by Cloudland. I don't think it made the Grace player you called "Wannabe", or his parents feel better that you gave the coaches sitting in the booth with you "cudos" after embarrassing their kid in front of his team and your team. My son and I went to the game to cheer for Cloudland because I have several good friends from Cloudland. Several players from Hampton attended this game. They were cursed by your Cloudland fans. Several older men came up to these boys and shouted "Hampton s@cks!" The fans were throwing stuff at these boys. I have never seen any worse sportsmanship shown at any other school with the exception of Cosby last year. Those Scott are the facts - not accusations. You as the "Voice of the Landers" are an educated man and a teacher. You should know better.

well, i am from Hampton and I just want to say that Scott is the man. i dont think he would hurt a kid on purpose like everyone is accusing him of. i have known him since my days at Ingles. he is a very good guy...

GO TEAM

Pujo, I am starting to hear some serious stuff about the injuries to the Dawgs. Will you give us some of the injuries and tell us who might be setting out?

No I am not a teacher in school, but I am a Youth Minister in Valley Forge so I do teach. I pull for and have attended some of the Hampton games this year. There are two kids that play football and numerous friends that I have that I worship with on Sunday, FROM HAMPTON!! I can't speak for the other "fans" but I know there are many people in Roan Mtn that are pulling for Hampton.(just not tonight). The fact is I admitted accidentally calling him that. If it was done on purpose I would have called him that all night. The accusation was it was childish and classless. My point was the accussation was wrong because nobody came to me and ask me about it. Just jumped to conclusions. Like I said before the day I belittle any one, that will be the day that I turn the mike in. I have had the privelige of calling CHS games for 17 years. It is an honor and I try to do my best and we have fun doing it. I have been to other stadiums where the visitors get no recognition, just humuliation. I am a true Lander and I do get excited, I think they call that home field advantage.I have explained my postion twice and will do it no more. I do not live in the past. My eyes are set on a much bigger future.I am a human and do make mistakes. It was not done intenionally and I am sorry if I offended you. If there is anyone that hasn't made a mistake then come on up tonight because I would like to shake your hand. Good luck to both teams tonight.

Scott

No I am not a teacher in school, but I am a Youth Minister in Valley Forge so I do teach. I pull for and have attended some of the Hampton games this year. There are two kids that play football and numerous friends that I have that I worship with on Sunday, FROM HAMPTON!! I can't speak for the other "fans" but I know there are many people in Roan Mtn that are pulling for Hampton.(just not tonight). The fact is I admitted accidentally calling him that. If it was done on purpose I would have called him that all night. The accusation was it was childish and classless. My point was the accussation was wrong because nobody came to me and ask me about it. Just jumped to conclusions. Like I said before the day I belittle any one, that will be the day that I turn the mike in. I have had the privelige of calling CHS games for 17 years. It is an honor and I try to do my best and we have fun doing it. I have been to other stadiums where the visitors get no recognition, just humuliation. I am a true Lander and I do get excited, I think they call that home field advantage.I have explained my postion twice and will do it no more. I do not live in the past. My eyes are set on a much bigger future.I am a human and do make mistakes. It was not done intenionally and I am sorry if I offended you. If there is anyone that hasn't made a mistake then come on up tonight because I would like to shake your hand. Good luck to both teams tonight.

Scott

Scott you are doing a fine job! and yes, everyone does make mistakes! Keep up the good work and good luck to Cloudland and Hampton everyone have a safe trip and a good game.

Scott

you are the man Scott. do you know who i am?

This game always causes a little nervousness, but my honest opinion is, I don't think that Cloudland can hang with Hampton this year. I know its a big game, I know its played at Cloudland, but here is my reasoning. 10 points. 10 points is what has seperated Cloudland from being undefeated in conference play and not 2-3. Yes they did come out on the winning end and that does account for something. I beleive they played their best game against Grace, and that went to overtime. Hampton's defense is too stifiling, Offense too powerful. This all spells disaster for Cloudland. Sorry sports fans, but thats how I see it. Game should be over at halftime, but then again it is Hampton vs. Cloudland.