!District 14A!

JWhumboldt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Union City:returns Mr.Basketball MJ Brown along with Tony Wilkins,Andre Coby,Pat Polk,and a lot of players to play a lot of minutes last year.Watch for a breakout year for Nic Brooks.

2.Humboldt:Returns Elijah Epperson,Chauncey Hunt,Cordreo Wade,Odell Jackson and also a lot of players to log a lot of minutes.Should be a two way battle for 1st with UC.Also have the 1st district game at Humboldt on Nov20.Everyone should be there with Humboldt not going to make the playoffs and UC getting knocked out in the 1st rd.

3.Trenton:Robert Yancey,Dexter Vaugn,Raphael Miller along with a lot of players that got minutes.Peaked at the right time last year.Heard a 6'5 player moved in which will make them a deeper team.Wouldnt want to play them in a loser go home game.I pick them 3rd cause of a lack of a true point guard.

4.Lake Co:Channin Geanes and Russell Avery will have to carry the load,and i think the load will be to heavy agaionst the big 3 in this District.Lost Springer,Copeland,Johnson,and the heart and soul of the team in Sep Valentine.I think the lack of getting those younger players playing time will haunt them this year,but they will be back next year.

5.Halls

6.Greenfield

7.Dresden

8.Bradford

9.So Fulton

10.Gleason

All you gotta do is end up third in the district tournament.....Third place team goes to the state....Has the last two years anyway....

Chipper,I'd like to play Trenton every game...We averaged about 125 points against them in three games..They have ALOT of improving to do to hang with us....Humboldt played ONE really good game last season and, of course, it had to be against us..Then they go to Murfreesboro with the best team there and choke....I know there was alot of fans from UC there because I saw ya and I'm pretty sure everybody would agree there was nobody there in the state tournament(1A) that could have won our district last season....I'm with you about Lake County,they lost their heart and soul when you talk about losing Valentine and Springer...They have too much to replace...It will come down to UC and Humboldt in the regular season and I think both will go to Murfreesboro like two years ago....

I also don't think Peabody was really peaking at tournament time,afterall, I think they were 3-3 in the tournaments...They just won the 2 games that mattered to go on to sub-state..The first one in the district tourney and the semi-final game in the region...I mean the Tornadoes hung 140 on em in the district tourney.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ....Calm down Golden Tiders,I know it sounds like I'm hatin' on ya'll,but I'm really not....It was fun watching those up and down the floor games with us.....I just thought your coach would have learned his lesson after those first two games...

I also agree with chipper about Nic Brooks,he really improved last season and should only get better....I'm also looking for good things out of Mookie,BJ,KJ,Cameron and Ryne.....You know what you are going to get with M.J.,Andre',Tony and Pat....I saw them play a few games during the summer and they looked pretty good....Going to try and make the play day down in Jackson this weekend...Really looking forward to seeing M.J. play this season...

Chipper...2 questions for you....What about the Harrell kid??...Will he play?? and did we get a transfer in from Mayfield??..Heard some people talking about it at the football game Friday nite..Said he was 6'4" and had started for Mayfield High since he was a freshman??....Rumor??

All you gotta do is end up third in the district tournament.....Third place team goes to the state....Has the last two years anyway....

Chipper,I'd like to play Trenton every game...We averaged about 125 points against them in three games..They have ALOT of improving to do to hang with us....Humboldt played ONE really good game last season and, of course, it had to be against us..Then they go to Murfreesboro with the best team there and choke....I know there was alot of fans from UC there because I saw ya and I'm pretty sure everybody would agree there was nobody there in the state tournament(1A) that could have won our district last season....I'm with you about Lake County,they lost their heart and soul when you talk about losing Valentine and Springer...They have too much to replace...It will come down to UC and Humboldt in the regular season and I think both will go to Murfreesboro like two years ago....

I also don't think Peabody was really peaking at tournament time,afterall, I think they were 3-3 in the tournaments...They just won the 2 games that mattered to go on to sub-state..The first one in the district tourney and the semi-final game in the region...I mean the Tornadoes hung 140 on em in the district tourney.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ....Calm down Golden Tiders,I know it sounds like I'm hatin' on ya'll,but I'm really not....It was fun watching those up and down the floor games with us.....I just thought your coach would have learned his lesson after those first two games...

I also agree with chipper about Nic Brooks,he really improved last season and should only get better....I'm also looking for good things out of Mookie,BJ,KJ,Cameron and Ryne.....You know what you are going to get with M.J.,Andre',Tony and Pat....I saw them play a few games during the summer and they looked pretty good....Going to try and make the play day down in Jackson this weekend...Really looking forward to seeing M.J. play this season...

Chipper...2 questions for you....What about the Harrell kid??...Will he play?? and did we get a transfer in from Mayfield??..Heard some people talking about it at the football game Friday nite..Said he was 6'4" and had started for Mayfield High since he was a freshman??....Rumor??

I agree with what has been said...BTW I saw you and your two sons up there at Murfreesboro last year...If Union City is not in the 'boro this year I'm going to be one upset basketball fan!!! Union City was clearly the top team in the state in the top district in the state....What team goes 30-3 and doesn't make a state tournament!? I look for Union City and Humboldt to finish 1 and 2 with Trenton at #3 and Lake at #4...Trenton returns Yancey, Vaughn, Miller, as well as Darius Norris and the little short PG (I forget his name, he was kicked off last year but heard he was back this year)...Humboldt and Union City for a state title!!! If it doesn't happen I'll be an upset person!!!

I agree with what has been said...BTW I saw you and your two sons up there at Murfreesboro last year...If Union City is not in the 'boro this year I'm going to be one upset basketball fan!!! Union City was clearly the top team in the state in the top district in the state....What team goes 30-3 and doesn't make a state tournament!? I look for Union City and Humboldt to finish 1 and 2 with Trenton at #3 and Lake at #4...Trenton returns Yancey, Vaughn, Miller, as well as Darius Norris and the little short PG (I forget his name, he was kicked off last year but heard he was back this year)...Humboldt and Union City for a state title!!! If it doesn't happen I'll be an upset person!!!

I think my oldest son knows you.....You won't be any more upset than me....I was in total shock.....I was just so glad the Tornadoes played West Carroll in Union City this year in football...I don't think I could have gone down there so early after that loss to Humboldt...I just wasn't ready yet.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It was funny(well not funny actually) watching that championship game,even the semis last season and seeing those teams play and knowing what UC would have done to them....Even Humboldt looked nothing like the team I saw play several times last season in that semi-final game against Temple....

Anybody know where the district and regional tourney will be this year??...Dresden got awful cramped & HOT last year....

Yea, Union City IMO would've beaten Temple by 20+...If Temple couldn't handle Humboldts pressure I sure would've hated to see what they would've done with Union City's pressure!! Humboldt was better than Temple but it seemed to me as if Humboldt didn't really care too much until the second half and the only reason they got going then is because EJ slammed one home and got the crowd back into the game!!!

Humboldt battled back from being 19 points down in the 3rd quarter to actually take the lead in the Temple game..

No doubt they had the best athletic team up there in the BORO last year and should've played for the state title..

athleticism can only take ya so far though /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> eventually- you'll have to have some game time management in those close games where one possession can determine the outcome of a game(again the Vikings in the semifinals)

MR.Basketball MJ Brown(and by the way , the Temple fans are still stunned over that one, ha ha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) and his Purple and Gold teammates should battle for the top spot in the district again.. Humboldt is always around and watch out in Falcon country as Lake Co. returns some talented kids..

Some of the lower tier teams in this distirct needs to make some noise(South Fulton, Dresden, Bradford, etc.) who could possibly pull an upset over the elite in 14A this season(UC, Humboldt, Lake Co. ,Peabody)

iI still believe Lake Co is going to be better than 4th..I believe losing Sep hurts worse than losing any of the other playes but Patrick Roberson,a sophomore looks to be about 6'2 and can make string music..If Lake gets good play out of Carlos Young and Abbot..We'll be okay..I'm still hoping Dominique plays but Whitby said he wasn't messing with him..so that may be the end of my wishing on that..He was kicked off the football team at McKenzie the other night I was told..A friend said he wasn't practing yesterday..Anyway Chipper and Purple ..I know this is a high school site but not sure if yall go to the middle school sites but I saw U.C. ,Halls,Dyersburg,Lake Co.,Humboldt,Three Oaks,and Northview were ina jamboree at Tiptonville last night..Northview boys are loaded..Beat Gibson Co 72-12 Saturday and Three Oaks last night in a half by about 10..Best individual was a player from Three Oaks..Sendarius Taylor..If you get a chance to see Three Oaks in your area..he is worth the price of admission..Raphael Tyler from Lake Co is the closest or seemed to be the best 2..In girls..Lake Co beat Dyersburg by 10 points in a half and should win the district..Led by T.T.Flowers and Seminone Pearson ,a 7th grader..Hard to get the ball down the floor consistent on them.Dyersburg girls and Northview girls looked to be the other teams to give Lake Co a close game..

You guys in the west crack me up. Didnt win anything last year and still talk. Lets see so the teams that were at state were better than any of the teams there but got beat by them. Even a team that didnt even get to state was better than everyone else that did get there. If I am not mistaken all teams had an opportunity to win the games they played to get to state and the ones that got there had the opportunity to win it and they couldnt. So please spare us of all the whinning and just do it on the court where it really matters. The west is not as mighty as yall make them out to be. I witnessed it myself at the tourn. last year.

You guys in the west crack me up. Didnt win anything last year and still talk. Lets see so the teams that were at state were better than any of the teams there but got beat by them. Even a team that didnt even get to state was better than everyone else that did get there. If I am not mistaken all teams had an opportunity to win the games they played to get to state and the ones that got there had the opportunity to win it and they couldnt. So please spare us of all the whinning and just do it on the court where it really matters. The west is not as mighty as yall make them out to be. I witnessed it myself at the tourn. last year.

Well Sparky let me catch ya up to reality... For starters , Liberty won AA last year, which they are from Jackson which is located ... wait for it ....... yeah, in West Tennessee.. A very good Dyer County team also up there as well who lost to Liberty in the semifinals also from West TN .. Humboldt there in 1A last year, Union City won the state in the 06' finals in 1A, Liberty in 2A .. So Run and GUn(air ball) I've been to a few of the state tournaments as well this decade and the GOLD BALL has come back west of the Tennessee River several times /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Also a few Mr.Basketball Winners as well (MJ Brown- UC), Willie Kemp-Bolivar , etc. etc.

you betta recognize!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

What I am saying even when you loose yall still say you are best. Thats why we play. But really I just wanted to voice my opinion I didnt expect you to agree with me. Supporting your team is one thing but just being blind to other schools that just maybe can compete with the mighty west is another. I saw nothing to fear

Yeah Bigster,I heard that Northview was pretty good.I will be at the game when they play union city tomorrow.I also heard that the player from Mayfield was moving here,but havent heard if he has enrolled in school yet.I know his dad is from UC and i watched him play a couple of times his soph and fresh year.He is a really good ball player that can also run some point.If he comes to UC,they will be very hard to beat with already a very strong team.