commando coaching

neilwrong1

I firmly believe that the Commandos need to step away from the wing-t. As an alumni, ive seen that style of offense work amazingly well, but with the right personal. In the 02 State Championship run, Cook, Truka, Swann, and Fortner ran the Wing-t flawlessly. In the following years, ive seen that the effectiveness has gone down. Granted, its nice to see the passing game finally develop(considering they threw the ball twice all year my freshman year in 99).

I dont believe its the coaching at all. Hatfield and his staff are top notch, and one of the most respected in the state. Its all about the players you bring in.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are idiots! The same staff has been to 2 clinc bowls with NO talent! Hang tough coach! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

If there is an idiot making any comments that would have to be u. The Majority of the post have not said the coaches weren't good coaches. What has been said is that they may need to look at what they have and adjust what and who they run and play.

For you to think a coaching staff can take a team to a Championship with "No Talent" proves your knowlede of the game. I think most of the post have acknowledged the past accomplishments and the respect for all these coaches.

I can't even remember anyone who posted a comment that suggest they be replaced.

Sometimes a little criticism is not a bad thing. So please understand what is being said before you start throwing names around. And for all the people that were on those 2 clinic bowl teams, way to let those coaches play the games for you. I have never heard of the coaches being able to play like that. Iguess the rules have changed since then. If the rules can change, maybe a little change is good sometimes.

I will say "Hang tough coach" was a good statement. We need everyone on the same page. To all the H'ville coaches -- THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO. I Appreciate it very much. Let's get ready for next year, starting today. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Can't Wait

If your are better Football players than these NFL folks below than listen to your coach and don't wrestle!!!!

Or ask the Bartholomew brothers of MBA, both wrestle and both UT Football players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I would have all of my Offensive Lineman wrestle if I could."

- John Madden, Hall of Fame Football Coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It??™s the attitude. (Wrestling) helps you with your hips, your hands and your balance, but more than anything it helps you with your attitude," he said. "A lot of these kids that are basketball players, we eat those kids up. It??™s just our mentality - you??™re going to get the job done and you??™re going to punish them."

Roth said his dream partner on the wrestling mat would be Ravens LB Ray Lewis, himself an accomplished high school wrestler."

This is a small portion of the list of NFL Players who wrestled in HS!

For more info:NFL PLayers/Wrestler article

Tai Tupai

Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons - 2x SC State Champ (First Round Pick)

Matt Roth - IA State Champ

Mike Patterson, DT, Philadelphia Eagles (First Round Pick)

David Pollack

Fuad Reveiz-Fl State Finalist

Scott Wells - TN State Champ

Rhonde Barber, SS, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tiki Barber, RB, New York Giants

Jeff Bostic*, C, Washington Redskins ??“ SC State Champ

Tedy Bruschi*, ILB, New England Patriots

Bob Bruenig*, LB, Dallas Cowboys

Phil Bryant, Philadelphia Eagles ??“ 2x National Prep Champ

Larry Czonka**, RB, Miami Dolphins

Hall of Fame Running Back from the Miami Dolphins, Larry Czonka, pounded opponents on the wrestling mat as well as the gridiron.

Dan Dierdorff**, OT, St. Louis Cardinals

Carl Edwards, San Diego Chargers ??“ 3x MD State Champ

Mike Goff, G, Cincinnati Bengals

Bob Golic*, DT, Cleveland Browns ??“ OH State Champ

Mike Golic, DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Archie Griffin, HB, Cincinnati Bengals

John Hannah**, G, New England Patriots

Carlton Haselrig*, Pittsburgh Steelers, 3x NCAA Champ

Chad Hennings, DT, Dallas Cowboys ??“ IA State Champ

Bo Jackson*, RB, Oakland Raiders

Alex Karras, Detroit Lions

Ray Lewis, Pro Bowl Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens, was a Florida 4A State Wrestling Champion at 189 lbs.

Ray Lewis*, Baltimore Ravens ??“ 2x FL State Champ

Ronnie Lott**, DB, San Francisco 49??™ers

Napolean McCallum, RB, Oakland Raiders

Randle McDaniel*, G, Minnesota Vikings

Future Hall of Famer Randall McDaniel was a wrestler before he was named to 12 NFL Pro Bowls.

Chuck Noll, Pittsburgh Steelers ??“ PA State Champ

Jim Plunkett*, QB, Oakland RaidersWarren Sapp*, DT Tampa Bay Buccaneers ??“ FL State Champ

Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle Warren Sapp was a Florida State Champion wrestler in High School.

Jim Thorpe**, HB, New York Giants

Fred Weary, DB, St. Louis Rams

Charles White*, HB, Los Angeles Rams

Randy White*, DT, Dallas Cowboys

*Pro-Bowler

**Hall of Famer

Right on Rigger!!!!!

If your are better Football players than these NFL folks below than listen to your coach and don't wrestle!!!!

Or ask the Bartholomew brothers of MBA, both wrestle and both UT Football players.

"I would have all of my Offensive Lineman wrestle if I could."

- John Madden, Hall of Fame Football Coach

"It??™s the attitude. (Wrestling) helps you with your hips, your hands and your balance, but more than anything it helps you with your attitude," he said. "A lot of these kids that are basketball players, we eat those kids up. It??™s just our mentality - you??™re going to get the job done and you??™re going to punish them."

Roth said his dream partner on the wrestling mat would be Ravens LB Ray Lewis, himself an accomplished high school wrestler."

This is a small portion of the list of NFL Players who wrestled in HS!

For more info:NFL PLayers/Wrestler article

Tai Tupai

Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons - 2x SC State Champ (First Round Pick)

Matt Roth - IA State Champ

Mike Patterson, DT, Philadelphia Eagles (First Round Pick)

David Pollack

Fuad Reveiz-Fl State Finalist

Scott Wells - TN State Champ

Rhonde Barber, SS, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tiki Barber, RB, New York Giants

Jeff Bostic*, C, Washington Redskins ??“ SC State Champ

Tedy Bruschi*, ILB, New England Patriots

Bob Bruenig*, LB, Dallas Cowboys

Phil Bryant, Philadelphia Eagles ??“ 2x National Prep Champ

Larry Czonka**, RB, Miami Dolphins

Hall of Fame Running Back from the Miami Dolphins, Larry Czonka, pounded opponents on the wrestling mat as well as the gridiron.

Dan Dierdorff**, OT, St. Louis Cardinals

Carl Edwards, San Diego Chargers ??“ 3x MD State Champ

Mike Goff, G, Cincinnati Bengals

Bob Golic*, DT, Cleveland Browns ??“ OH State Champ

Mike Golic, DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Archie Griffin, HB, Cincinnati Bengals

John Hannah**, G, New England Patriots

Carlton Haselrig*, Pittsburgh Steelers, 3x NCAA Champ

Chad Hennings, DT, Dallas Cowboys ??“ IA State Champ

Bo Jackson*, RB, Oakland Raiders

Alex Karras, Detroit Lions

Ray Lewis, Pro Bowl Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens, was a Florida 4A State Wrestling Champion at 189 lbs.

Ray Lewis*, Baltimore Ravens ??“ 2x FL State Champ

Ronnie Lott**, DB, San Francisco 49??™ers

Napolean McCallum, RB, Oakland Raiders

Randle McDaniel*, G, Minnesota Vikings

Future Hall of Famer Randall McDaniel was a wrestler before he was named to 12 NFL Pro Bowls.

Chuck Noll, Pittsburgh Steelers ??“ PA State Champ

Jim Plunkett*, QB, Oakland RaidersWarren Sapp*, DT Tampa Bay Buccaneers ??“ FL State Champ

Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle Warren Sapp was a Florida State Champion wrestler in High School.

Jim Thorpe**, HB, New York Giants

Fred Weary, DB, St. Louis Rams

Charles White*, HB, Los Angeles Rams

Randy White*, DT, Dallas Cowboys

*Pro-Bowler

**Hall of Famer

I don't think you have to wrestle to be a good football player, there are a lot of kids that do both and it seems to help them none.

I've been around Sumner County all of my life. I've watched powerhouse programs with legendary players rise and fall. There are many exceptions here, but in my perspective just in the past 10 years, it seems like in our neck of the woods, many of our football programs have not had the numbers or depth coaching staffs had become accustomed to and have had to develop new and creative ways to work, coach and mentor. (Gallatin and White House - you are exceptions with the numbers). I'm not counting jerk coaches or rules violations here - staffs which have struggled to keep coaches on the sideline who are not tenured don't know from year to year who's gonna be staying or leaving. If you're lucky enough to be able to keep a team of coaches together for any length of time, you're going to develop a quality program and quality players. When you've got a kid who loves the game and playing it all of his life and all through high school working his butt off to get better and fight for a position, when a coach leaves and new ones come on board, you can't tell me it doesn't affect a player - they're the ones on the field executing the plays they may have known like the back of their hand, or just got introduced to a new system this week and a new system next week. If memory serves me right, I think the football players who graduated from Beech last year had experienced 3 head coaching changes since the beginning of their freshman year. Coach Hatfield and company do a great job and have for many years. Do I feel like coaches call the wrong plays? Absolutely. I haven't lost a game sitting in the stands since I've been watching football. Would I devote my time day in and day out coaching? Absolutely not. Don't have what it takes to do it. Hats off to Coach Hatfield. An old-school coach told me years ago - when you're winning, you're the best coach ever; when you're losing, you're scum of the earth. It's amazing what 10 games a year can do for your career. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is an idiot making any comments that would have to be u. The Majority of the post have not said the coaches weren't good coaches. What has been said is that they may need to look at what they have and adjust what and who they run and play.

For you to think a coaching staff can take a team to a Championship with "No Talent" proves your knowlede of the game. I think most of the post have acknowledged the past accomplishments and the respect for all these coaches.

I can't even remember anyone who posted a comment that suggest they be replaced.

Sometimes a little criticism is not a bad thing. So please understand what is being said before you start throwing names around. And for all the people that were on those 2 clinic bowl teams, way to let those coaches play the games for you. I have never heard of the coaches being able to play like that. Iguess the rules have changed since then. If the rules can change, maybe a little change is good sometimes.

I will say "Hang tough coach" was a good statement. We need everyone on the same page. To all the H'ville coaches -- THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO. I Appreciate it very much. Let's get ready for next year, starting today. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Can't Wait

Davidlee, that was probably the best post in this topic. I couldn't agree more with you.