The Next Coach At Hoover, Alabama is.......

Alabama

George Quarles will never leave Maryville for another high school job. He turned down Brentwood Academy. I believe if George leaves Maryville it will be for a college job. I worry about George leaving for Carson Newman when Ken Sparks leaves. George will never go to Alabama because he wants his family at his games. Every week his Mom,Dad,Sister,Brother n Law,Wife and Son are at every Maryville game.

agree

Hoover is a big, big-time program. I imagine they will have a list of highly qualified candidates that have proven themselves at the top level. Quarles is obviously a good coach but he hasn't proven he can win every week against schools in the top classifications since they play a predominately 4A schedule.. I don't think Hoover will have to gamble that he could translate his success in Tennessee's 4A to Alabama's 6A. That really is a huge jump to having to play those type teams every week and being expected to win them all.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to see him leave though.

* GQ turned down more from BA than what Probst made at Hoover.

* GQ is just ready to move into his new home in Mairvul.

* Little Jack loves the "Bebels."

* GQ is happy in Mairvul.

* Hoover is a political nightmare.

* GQ has excellunt garbige servuss in Mairvul. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Does anyone hae a real clue how much GQ makes at Maryville? Now I'm not talking about the free garbage service and the free food for the family. I'm talking money paid by the Maryville school system for teaching, a.d.and coaching. I heard thru the grapevine it wa almost 90 G's.

I don't think BA is as academic oriented as one would imply.

I will go ahead and throw another familiar name out there......John Reid.

They are running the table again in 4A Georgia (East Paulding HS) and are looking like the team to beat right now and this is after losing a considerable number of seniors.

And we all know how long he likes to stay at one job. (see William Blount, Alcoa)

Rankin did apply at Russellville, Alabama last year and had a slight interest in Valdosta a few years back. He really doesn't like to get involved in a political situation (Valdosta) so he didn't pursue it.

As for GQ, you never know what goes through a mans' head unless you are that man. I am sure if Hoover calls he will listen to what they have to say.

* GQ turned down more from BA than what Probst made at Hoover.

* GQ is just ready to move into his new home in Mairvul.

* Little Jack loves the "Bebels."

* GQ is happy in Mairvul.

* Hoover is a political nightmare.

* GQ has excellunt garbige servuss in Mairvul. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

From a 5A point of view, I hope that Coach Quarles stays at Maryville. With the Rebels moving to 5A in 2009 it is only going to push the envelope of what will be required to compete. Remember when Steve Spurrier started in the SEC with Florida, he brought new expectation to the conference and in turn, everyone got better. I think that the same will happen in 09 when Maryville make the change to 5A. I know that even today there are area programs looking over the fence during the Maryville practices and seeing what they can implement to improve. Also from what I understand, Coach Quarles in a very good member of the community and has only brought good things to the Rebels program. All that to say, I think it would be a shame to lose him to Hoover and I hope that he stays. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />