The Next Coach At Hoover, Alabama is.......

Alabama

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As most of you may know, Hoover High School's Coach Propst has resigned effective at the end of the playoffs. In light of the circumstances surrounding his departure, Hoover will be searching for a replacement who is an excellent football coach with impeccable moral credentials.

Maryville High School is moving up to 5A after one more season and, although we all know they can more than just compete with the 5A schools, there are some unknowns there.

Hoover High pays considerably more than Maryville.

But, here is the kicker- last May, Dr. Kenneth Jarnagin left the job as principal of Maryville high school. Guess who is now principal of Hoover and a good friend of Maryville coach George Quarles? You guessed it- Dr. Kenneth Jarnagin!

Who do you think will get the first call to fill Propst's position?

so after next year maryville will be in 5a

George Quarles will never leave Maryville for another high school job. He turned down Brentwood Academy. I believe if George leaves Maryville it will be for a college job. I worry about George leaving for Carson Newman when Ken Sparks leaves. George will never go to Alabama because he wants his family at his games. Every week his Mom,Dad,Sister,Brother n Law,Wife and Son are at every Maryville game.

Carson Newman and George Quarles would be a good fit but how long will Ken stay a C/N. I don't believe George will leave Maryville why would he, he has it made. Can he and Maryville complete on the 5A level yes, will they win the state every year no but they will win their share. Most of his state teams were the best team in the state anyway. All of the state finals I have watch on the 5A level and that has been a few, Maryville could beat them.

George is an outstanding person and the kind of coach anybody would want our kids to play for. This is one

reason be will win and he works hard at what he does. People knowing this is why they will bring their kids to

play for him, they do not recruit they don't have to because kids come to them. I wish we had more George's in coaching not because of winning but because of the type of person he is and what he does for the kids and what he stands for.I'm not a Maryville fan and have no tie with Maryville but I am a George Quarles fan because of the way he does things. He is in a class by himself and we need more coaches in that class. This from a old coach of 35 years.

$100,000.00 per year has a way of making a high school football coach stand up and lisiten.

If that was GQ's only consideration then the BA job offering last year would have done it. I do not see GQ doing it though. Now another Coach up in east Tn is a whole other story. Think about it seriously for a minute. GR already has enough time to retire from the Tn system and start drawing immediately and will still have enough time to earn a BUNCH in Ala and get vested in their retirement system.

In plain ENGLISH Alcoa get the checkbook out and be ready to write a BIG check! He WILL apply at least. Will he get it? I honestly don't know, but I agree with the post that his PR skills are not up to it. Great coach, but he has the personality of a fence post. Actually the fence post maybe better as it will listen. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />