The Next Coach At Hoover, Alabama is.......

Alabama

rumor has it that some hot shot coach from texas named Billy Defloid will be named the new coach sometime soon. I heard he has 15 state championships under his belt and has sent 67% of all of his athletes to D1 schools and the rest went to D1 AA. not bad.

Language

Must of made some decent players water boys...100% is alot..

• 3 weeks later...

rumor has it that some hot shot coach from texas named Billy Defloid will be named the new coach sometime soon. I heard he has 15 state championships under his belt and has sent 67% of all of his athletes to D1 schools and the rest went to D1 AA. not bad.

Language

and you believe that a coach has sent 67% of his athletes to D1 and the remaining 33% to 1aa, so if they had say 21 seniors on their team each year then 14 would go D1 and the other 8 would go 1aa, and if the junior class had the same number and the sophmore class had the same number then, wow that is like 42 D1 players onthe same high school team, how would the 1aa players ever see the field?

Coach Quarles is a class act and I dont see him running after the money. IMO, he will never coach another high school team- whats the challenge in that? He will only leave Maryville for a college job. and who knows if and when that urge may hit. Coach Q strikes me as the type of guy who looks highly upon being loyal and it would take a dream job, i.e. CNC HC, for him to leave Maryville. A few dollars won't lure him away. Its always confused me as to why a person would want to leave a place in which they were king to tackle something seemingly better (more $). look at all the college coaches that run to the NFL only to come running back a few years later.

Let me assure you GQ will not be going anywhere... That being said, im very sure he will be contacted by Hoover. Money is not a driving force for him.... not even close to the top of his list. The new challenge comes when Maryville moves to 5a. Maryville will still be successful in 5a, BUT they will not win 7 out of the last 9 state championships like they have in 4a...(8 out of 10 in a couple weeks) IMO, If maryville were to stay in 4a another 10 more years they would only win maybe 3 or 4. Just thinking about 8 out of the last 10 is ridiculous...8 State Championships, Wow!!!! What im trying to say is Quarles has had some really really good teams the past 9 years and as rebel9 said many times the best team in the state. Those teams bought into what GQ was telling them and it showed on the field. However I believe GQ will REALLY have to start coaching in years to come due to 2 things: 1) competition in 5A being better, and primarily 2) I do not think he will have the same talent he has had in the past. ***This is just my opinion and all speculation... Who am I to say he wont win 8 in 5A too, and no one will know until the time comes.... but GQ deserves every accolade he revieves, he is a class act, and a heck of a ball coach. X's and O's wise the best in the game in the state of tennessee. Period.

On a side note and to totally contradict myself... Maryville Middle School's team was quite impressive this year... could turn out to be a solid group.

MAC McCURRY!

How about Tommy Tharp????? He's easily one of the best coaches in the state of Alabama if not in the entire southeast. He wins wherever he goes it seems /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He has done a GREAT JOB at turning the football program around at Albertville (AL). The Aggies couldn't win a game to save themselves prior to his arrival down there and in three short years he's turned them into a contender.

He built the football program at Sycamore (TN) from the ground up, LITERALLY, and when he left the War Eagles were easily 1 of the Top 10 best teams in Class 3A here in the state.

He also enjoyed success as an assistant coach at both Cheatham Co. (took them to the playoffs in his lone year as head football coach in 1997) & Marshall Co.

Guest Advisor

Language

Sounds like the Coach from "Varsity Blues"! You sure their not talking to Billy Bob Thorton??

If Quarles ever leaves MHS the only 2 places i see him going are an SEC college (not as a head coach but maybe a coordinator) or HC at Furman. If im not mistaken he's turned down the Furman job a few times already. I know his house was up for sale not too long ago and i think that started some rumors but if im not mistaken he just signed a new contract a year or so back and is also MHS AD and just bought a new house. Honestly i wouldnt be suprised if Quarles isnt making 6 digit income. GQ is here to stay, and honestly i think Gary Rankin is here to stay as well. Rankin i think will retire of Alcoa, probably turning the reigns over to Nix when its all said and done. Nix seems like a great coach and hes done a great job with the D....Not to mention hes got a smoking hot wife /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If Quarles ever leaves MHS the only 2 places i see him going are an SEC college (not as a head coach but maybe a coordinator) or HC at Furman. If im not mistaken he's turned down the Furman job a few times already. I know his house was up for sale not too long ago and i think that started some rumors but if im not mistaken he just signed a new contract a year or so back and is also MHS AD and just bought a new house. Honestly i wouldnt be suprised if Quarles isnt making 6 digit income. GQ is here to stay, and honestly i think Gary Rankin is here to stay as well. Rankin i think will retire of Alcoa, probably turning the reigns over to Nix when its all said and done. Nix seems like a great coach and hes done a great job with the D....Not to mention hes got a smoking hot wife /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I would say your correct about coach Rankin! I think he stays put and will win several more state titles before he retires! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />