Merging forums

wosbodog

Okay I have a question/suggestion about the volleyball forums. Now that the season is over and the club forum is free of charge, why not organize the regular volleyball forum and the club forum into one? If that's possible.

Now I've been told that the two forums are run by two separate bodies, but can they not function as one entity? Are they not both branches of the coacht website?

I just think that it is better to keep the volleyball community - all the players, parents, coaches, fans, etc. who post on these boards - together on the same forum. Spreading everyone across two forums may reduce participation. If they are combined and all the ideas and topics come up on just one page won't that generally keep everybody more focused together? With two separate boards we may get users who are only interested in one specific bit of information and never have a reason to visit the other one. No interaction, which is what makes a chat forum what it is. We'll have two separate groups of participants: the club people and the season people. That's not good for the volleyball community, especially if Tennessee is to generate more interest and thus expand the sport. And the main volleyball forum is slowing down already. It shouldn't be restricted to events that go on in the season as there is plenty of activity during the off-season. Our forum should be about the sport as a whole. By combining the two forums, I think we can boost interest and participation.

I imagine I'm not the first person who's mentioned these concerns before, and I don't know a thing about internet politics, but please try to do something if it's possible. This isn't just a volleyball issue; this can apply to all the sports. Hope something can be done. Thanks.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There used to be one volleyball board, for example, and the travel board was created because fans would be trying to recruit high school players for their travel teams when the high school season wasn't even over yet. The same thing happened with softball, basketball (AAU), etc. I am a high school sports coach and fan who does not feel that high school players should be distracted at a time when they are being asked by their teammates to perform at their best. It works better if travel forums and high school forums are separate, for both groups.

Okay I have a question/suggestion about the volleyball forums. Now that the season is over and the club forum is free of charge, why not organize the regular volleyball forum and the club forum into one? If that's possible.

Now I've been told that the two forums are run by two separate bodies, but can they not function as one entity? Are they not both branches of the coacht website?

I just think that it is better to keep the volleyball community - all the players, parents, coaches, fans, etc. who post on these boards - together on the same forum. Spreading everyone across two forums may reduce participation. If they are combined and all the ideas and topics come up on just one page won't that generally keep everybody more focused together? With two separate boards we may get users who are only interested in one specific bit of information and never have a reason to visit the other one. No interaction, which is what makes a chat forum what it is. We'll have two separate groups of participants: the club people and the season people. That's not good for the volleyball community, especially if Tennessee is to generate more interest and thus expand the sport. And the main volleyball forum is slowing down already. It shouldn't be restricted to events that go on in the season as there is plenty of activity during the off-season. Our forum should be about the sport as a whole. By combining the two forums, I think we can boost interest and participation.

I imagine I'm not the first person who's mentioned these concerns before, and I don't know a thing about internet politics, but please try to do something if it's possible. This isn't just a volleyball issue; this can apply to all the sports. Hope something can be done. Thanks.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />