Elliot Williams to Duke

REBELRON

According to Rob Lewis Williams is going to Duke. That stinks out loud. I hate seeing instate players go somewhere else. I could understand kids leaving when Jerry Green and Buzz Peterson were here. With Bruce Pearl coaching here and the system he plays kids should be wanting to play for UT. Especially the instate kids.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Rob Lewis Williams is going to Duke. That stinks out loud. I hate seeing instate players go somewhere else. I could understand kids leaving when Jerry Green and Buzz Peterson were here. With Bruce Pearl coaching here and the system he plays kids should be wanting to play for UT. Especially the instate kids.

He could have chosen Memphis as well. I think his game will be handicapped at Duke.

The news I've been hearing all week was EW to Virginia but this doesn't shock me. The Blue Devils have been in on Williams for some time. I tend to agree that EW would fit better at Memphis or UT but he can't go wrong with Duke as long as Coach K is there, both on the floor and in the classroom. This really stinks for the Vols because they had invested so much time on EW. Heck, they pretty much lived in Memphis for the past year recruiting the kid.

You guys don't know what the heck you're talkin bout. The man's been offered to go to Duke and play. That should be a positive thing. Yes Tennessee basketball is good now but Coach K is the best coach in the game. No man will be handicapped playin 4 Duke.

Congratulations to Williams.Coach K is not the best coach in the game today.Lets see: 90 UNLV,91 Duke,92 Duke,93 No.Carolina,94 Arkansas,95 UCLA,96 Kentucky,97 Arizona,98 Kentucky,99 UCONN, 00 Michigan St.,01 Duke,02 Maryland,03 Syracuse,04 UCONN,05 No.Carolina,06 Fla,07 Fla. I think that the best coach right now has to be Billy Donavan.Donavan has 2 championships in the last 2 years and coach k has 3 in the last 17 yrs and 1 in the last 6 yrs. and the next one will be a long time from now.

Congratulations to Williams.Coach K is not the best coach in the game today.Lets see: 90 UNLV,91 Duke,92 Duke,93 No.Carolina,94 Arkansas,95 UCLA,96 Kentucky,97 Arizona,98 Kentucky,99 UCONN, 00 Michigan St.,01 Duke,02 Maryland,03 Syracuse,04 UCONN,05 No.Carolina,06 Fla,07 Fla. I think that the best coach right now has to be Billy Donavan.Donavan has 2 championships in the last 2 years and coach k has 3 in the last 17 yrs and 1 in the last 6 yrs. and the next one will be a long time from now.

Well you really cant judge Donavan on the past two years, I mean look at the players he had. Buzz Peterson could have went to Florida and won with those players. We will really find out how good he is this year with all those guys gone, he really has to coach now.

Well you really cant judge Donavan on the past two years, I mean look at the players he had. Buzz Peterson could have went to Florida and won with those players. We will really find out how good he is this year with all those guys gone, he really has to coach now.

Wrong!!!!!!! Buzz Peterson couldn't have won if he was coaching the Lakers against high school teams.

We'll see how good Donovan is this year, he will have to coach. I think he is a great recruiter.

He could have chosen Memphis as well. I think his game will be handicapped at Duke.

WOW!! You mention Memphis and Duke in the same senntence. The criteria for playing at Memphis is that you have to be a convicted prisoner. Duke is the best overall program in the past 20 years. Check the numbers.

Wrong!!!!!!! Buzz Peterson couldn't have won if he was coaching the Lakers against high school teams.

Great Post. It figures, he's a former Tar Heel.