Elliot Williams to Duke

REBELRON

Why So he can go there and play one maybe two years and than try to go to the "league". That is not what it is all about. Its about getting an education and becoming a man. Just ask the 4 kids who all came out early 2 years ago after they won a National Championship. None of them have made an impact, yes, they are still in the "league", but not doing as well if they had stayed in.

If you are telling me that Calipari recruits good kids, you are absolutely nuts. I guess just because they are "preseason" number 3 that must make them a great program. We'll see what happens when the going gets tough.

Speaking of brains, which apparently you don't have, did you go to Memphis, or should I say Uninversity of Crime.

Moron.

I'm confused by this post. At the beginning you sound like an almost rational person yet at the end you come off like a complete idiot. Please don't allow blind hatred of Memphis taint a good post.

In the case of NBA rookies, or 2nd year players being the case of those you mentioned, it takes time to adjust to the league. I'd give them a few seasons before really giving a grade as to their impact but even then.....that's the NBA for you. The best of the best. There a fantastic college players that don't make an impact or don'r even last 3 years in the league. Some players should 4 years, I agree. They should get their degree, No argument there. Although, some hurt their draft stock by waiting, like Joakim Noah. I simply can't fault someone for taking a chance at the bigtime.

On the Tigers, they'll be fantastic. So will the Vols. Memphis will be Final Four good and honestly I think the UT can be. We should all enjoy the ride for both our schools.

By the way, Duke Crews needs to do a better job of hiding his weed /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Icy, you sound like one of them. haha Get all your facts straight before you start talking, I guess you can't with your mental capacity, or is that word too big for you.

The only notable Dukies are Boozer & Brand. The other player are average at best. How many of those players are major contributors to their team? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Why So he can go there and play one maybe two years and than try to go to the "league". That is not what it is all about. Its about getting an education and becoming a man. Just ask the 4 kids who all came out early 2 years ago after they won a National Championship. None of them have made an impact, yes, they are still in the "league", but not doing as well if they had stayed in.

If you are telling me that Calipari recruits good kids, you are absolutely nuts. I guess just because they are "preseason" number 3 that must make them a great program. We'll see what happens when the going gets tough.

Speaking of brains, which apparently you don't have, did you go to Memphis, or should I say Uninversity of Crime.

Moron.

PhillyFan, you're the moron because you can't spell University. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The only notable Dukies are Boozer & Brand. The other player are average at best. How many of those players are major contributors to their team? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Watch a game. Dunleavy, Duhon and Battier are all major contributors.

Watch a game. Dunleavy, Duhon and Battier are all major contributors.

[/quote

This year's stat doesn't weigh as much because they haven't played as many games. Duhon? r u serious...lol...Dunleavy averaged 0.42pts per minute last year totaling 11.4 pts per game in 27 minutes. Is that a major contribution or below average? Duhon averaged 0.31 pts per minute totaling 7.4 pts per game in 24 minutes. Is that a major or minor? Battier averaged 0.27pts per minute last year totaling 10.1 pts per game in 37 minutes. Is that a major or minor contribution? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Why does "The League" have to be brought up in this situation. Williams is a bright kid and is an excellent ball player. If he plays in the NBA, it will be after 4 years at Duke. I do not think he is even thinking about skipping college. I am looking forward to watching him play at one of the greatest basketball schools in all of college basketball history.

Congrats once again to a fine young man and player!