Region 7

nununu

Its sad to say but true to be that Glencliff will once again pull off as region champs. Several forfeits were passed to Antioch @ the Beech Duals but i seriously doubt there will be that many forfeits at the region duals. i will all though admit Antioch is beginning to become a strong team but Glencliff always pulls through later in the year.

p.s. MAy i remind u antioch won most tournament over Glencliff through all last year but Glencliff was able to pull through and take it WHERE IT MATTERED

Yes, Antioch did win most tournaments, but Glencliff won the dual matches last year. This year, Antioch has handed it to Glencliff. You can say what you want about forfeits, the match at the duals started at 152, Antioch forfeited, Glencliff won at 160 and didn't win again until Nick Steiner at 135. Including Ace Tesegaye getting pinned by a freshman that he was beating 12-6. I'm sorry, but the Colts don't match up to Antioch this season, and Antioch was missing 2 starters, and everyone is still not in the right weight classes. Wait until region duals, it may get ugly. I'll correct myself, T.J. Pegram did win at 215, but it took all he had against Antioch's 189 lber.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all Region 7 teams.

Along with Antioch, Glencliff, Hunters Lane and Hume Foggs performances at the Beech Duals.

East Literature adds a Championship win at the Dickson Duals by going 5-0 and defeating Brentwood Academy in the Finals.

As a side note East Lit. was without there regular starting 130, 140, 160 & 189. These replacements wrestled so hard, East Lit. didn't miss a beat. I'm proud of these boys and I'm sure the coaches are too.

Congrats to all Region 7 teams.

Along with Antioch, Glencliff, Hunters Lane and Hume Foggs performances at the Beech Duals.

East Literature adds a Championship win at the Dickson Duals by going 5-0 and defeating Brentwood Academy in the Finals.

As a side note East Lit. was without there regular starting 130, 140, 160 & 189. These replacements wrestled so hard, East Lit. didn't miss a beat. I'm proud of these boys and I'm sure the coaches are too.

Congrats to East Lit, I guess our little weak region showed up against a lot of other regions this weekend. Who all was at Dickson, I know BA is not a slouch, Great job!!

Yes, Antioch did win most tournaments, but Glencliff won the dual matches last year. This year, Antioch has handed it to Glencliff. You can say what you want about forfeits, the match at the duals started at 152, Antioch forfeited, Glencliff won at 160 and didn't win again until Nick Steiner at 135. Including Ace Tesegaye getting pinned by a freshman that he was beating 12-6. I'm sorry, but the Colts don't match up to Antioch this season, and Antioch was missing 2 starters, and everyone is still not in the right weight classes. Wait until region duals, it may get ugly. I'll correct myself, T.J. Pegram did win at 215, but it took all he had against Antioch's 189 lber.

hmmm.. lets see here.. antioch handed it to glencliff at this tournament.. but, i do remember glencliffs 103 beating antioch's in a past tourney, but GHS's wasnt at the duals, they were without atleast 4 wrestlers that ive seen beat antioch's or that had close matches.. thats sad to here about that ace fellow.. he is really starting to improve.. i saw the match.. (tough break).. and didnt T.J. Pegram weigh in and make the 189 weight class.. he's been weighing light the whole year. but, i mean.. it was a smart move my antioch. moving the 215 up to wrestle heavy and the 189 to wrestle 215.. but, glencliff seems to come through when it counts.. i guess it will be a interesting dual meet for region supremacy

Its sad to say but true to be that Glencliff will once again pull off as region champs. Several forfeits were passed to Antioch @ the Beech Duals but i seriously doubt there will be that many forfeits at the region duals. i will all though admit Antioch is beginning to become a strong team but Glencliff always pulls through later in the year.

p.s. MAy i remind u antioch won most tournament over Glencliff through all last year but Glencliff was able to pull through and take it WHERE IT MATTERED

ok heres the problem with that...i could see if the score had been a little bit closer but the match was a blow out - score: antioch - 51, glencliff - 18.... im sorry but they had no chance this year....antioch just has a stronger squad this year and i just cant see why u cant face the facts when they are staring u in the face.....its time u get over ur self and ur pride for 2 seconds and just face the inevitable.....

P.S. may i remind u that smyrna, and hume fogg had a better chance to beat antioch than glencliff (since they did have more team pts against antioch than u did) did at the duals....and antioch will pull it out where it matters again in the region duals...and those are just the cold hard facts /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ok heres the problem with that...i could see if the score had been a little bit closer but the match was a blow out - score: antioch - 51, glencliff - 18.... im sorry but they had no chance this year....antioch just has a stronger squad this year and i just cant see why u cant face the facts when they are staring u in the face.....its time u get over ur self and ur pride for 2 seconds and just face the inevitable.....

P.S. may i remind u that smyrna, and hume fogg had a better chance to beat antioch than glencliff (since they did have more team pts against antioch than u did) did at the duals....and antioch will pull it out where it matters again in the region duals...and those are just the cold hard facts /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Amen BST, thank u for the vote of confidence. For those 1st time Glencliff posters, let's be real. The 103 that won apparently is not on the team anymore. Yes, they were missing Patrick at 112, and their 160, but from what I see that was Glencliff's team. It is going to be tough with Dosha and Mitchell in the same weight class, who is going up and who is going down. C'mon kiddies BST said it right.

haha.. you must be kidding.. antioch does have a stronger lower weight class.. but, Glencliff clearly will have the better upper wieght classes.. if you ask me glencliff's heavy weight was caught off guard.. i guarentee you that he wont try and throw the 215 again.. they just have better balance than the big boys he wrestled before. glencliff started the match 24 points down. thats enough to put pressure on anybody.. im sure they were told they needed all pins.. and the antioch wrestlers we probably told not to get pinned.. (stall out). thats pretty much what the 189 did form antioch.. well, atleast it seemed like it..

the cold hard facts as of now is antioch is better.. but, believe me.. glencliff wants that repeat..

and i wouldnt count reams out for the season.. i think he still has some left in him to atleast come out to keep the repeat alive.. it obvious that he could pin anybody in the region..

Amen BST, thank u for the vote of confidence. For those 1st time Glencliff posters, let's be real. The 103 that won apparently is not on the team anymore. Yes, they were missing Patrick at 112, and their 160, but from what I see that was Glencliff's team. It is going to be tough with Dosha and Mitchell in the same weight class, who is going up and who is going down. C'mon kiddies BST said it right.

hume fogg and smyrna? hmm.. i dont know about that. if you say so.. glencliff wrestles hume fogg later in the year. and whats soo tough about deciding where dosha and mitchell go? dosha is going lower mor than likely.. im guessing 145.. even if he doesnt.. he can beat any 160 in the region.. and mitchell should have beat antiochs 152 anyway.

and im not a glencliff poster.. im just stating my thoughts of what i think..

haha.. you must be kidding.. antioch does have a stronger lower weight class.. but, Glencliff clearly will have the better upper wieght classes.. if you ask me glencliff's heavy weight was caught off guard.. i guarentee you that he wont try and throw the 215 again.. they just have better balance than the big boys he wrestled before. glencliff started the match 24 points down. thats enough to put pressure on anybody.. im sure they were told they needed all pins.. and the antioch wrestlers we probably told not to get pinned.. (stall out). thats pretty much what the 189 did form antioch.. well, atleast it seemed like it..

the cold hard facts as of now is antioch is better.. but, believe me.. glencliff wants that repeat..

and i wouldnt count reams out for the season.. i think he still has some left in him to atleast come out to keep the repeat alive.. it obvious that he could pin anybody in the region..

antiochs coachs weren't telling their kids to stall they were saying "Go out there and do what you have to" yeah cheesey but i guess it worked /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

antiochs coachs weren't telling their kids to stall they were saying "Go out there and do what you have to" yeah cheesey but i guess it worked /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

well.. anyways.. it seemed to work.. but, we'll just have to see at the region duals.. it looks as though its going to be between GLencliff and antioch in the finals.. because i dont see HL or mcgavock making a run for it.. but ya never know... HL is pretty close to making a full team. but, Glencliff put it to them in the 3rd and 4th place match. i personally think it should have been between antioch and glencliff in the finals. Wilson central didnt look too good.. i think wilson central would have lost to Glencliff. I think beech had high hopes.. but, i guess there plan back fired when WC beat them.

i will have to agree with McLovin on several things dealing with the Antioch and Glencliff match at the Beech duals semi-finals. Several core components of there team sadly ended up handing crucial points to Antioch such as the HWT and the 125/130 . But as always i simply state the facts and that is that Glencliff will once again pull through the region duals and maybe even the indivduals in region.

Judgment Day January 24 @ ANTIOCH HIGH SCHOOL just like last year Glencliff will take the gold on Antiochs home mats