Campbell Co. @ William Blount

CC fans

I sure could use some info regarding your team... What kind of off./ def. do you run... players to watch... Injuries ?? Team Colors.... Mascot???

We run a spread.... three front def. ..... and are fairly healthy for this time of year..... I'm not asking for any secrets just some general info to save me some research time....... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO GOVS

MARCO......MARCO.......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC fans

I sure could use some info regarding your team... What kind of off./ def. do you run... players to watch... Injuries ?? Team Colors.... Mascot???

tpoole, CCCHS Campbell County Comprehensive High School uses the nickname Cougars. I guess they did this for the alliteration even though their ancestors (like ours) called mountain lions, panthers and not cougars which is mostly a west coast thing. I think around Blount County they would pronounce it "Painter"

School colors: orange and blue (blue is a little lighter than WB's but not as light as the "official" WB blue, which the football team never wore) I don't think you could get that color in 1979.

Just a bit of trivia: Wiliam Blount High School recorded it's first ever football victory on the road at CCCHS in 1979.

GO GOVS

tpoole, CCCHS Campbell County Comprehensive High School uses the nickname Cougars. I guess they did this for the alliteration even though their ancestors (like ours) called mountain lions, panthers and not cougars which is mostly a west coast thing. I think around Blount County they would pronounce it "Painter"

School colors: orange and blue (blue is a little lighter than WB's but not as light as the "official" WB blue, which the football team never wore) I don't think you could get that color in 1979.

Just a bit of trivia: Wiliam Blount High School recorded it's first ever football victory on the road at CCCHS in 1979.

GO GOVS

Thanks Red Rebels (or as stars would say " Red Rebulls" )

Hope both our teams are in for a long playoff run... GO REBS

No dought Wiiliam Blount will win this game. Ive seen William Blount play this year and that was against Maryville. REALLY should of won that game just a few tricks play from Maryville kept em in it. I also thought the refs were terrible as well. But on the other hand I beleive this William Blount team will make a deep run in the play-offs. So good luck to the govs.

No dought Wiiliam Blount will win this game. Ive seen William Blount play this year and that was against Maryville. REALLY should of won that game just a few tricks play from Maryville kept em in it. I also thought the refs were terrible as well. But on the other hand I beleive this William Blount team will make a deep run in the play-offs. So good luck to the govs.

Well from my perspective.... WB had chances to win.. Didn't capitalize... Trick plays ??? I'd call it more of a "gimmick" play but GQ has a knack of knowing when to call them... As far as the refs go... If it had been right down the middle there would have been no need of a judgement call... Lets not sidetrack the thread by rehashing a subject that's been thoroughly thrashed... I'm usually all for beating dead horses, ...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...but this horse has been dead to long....

I hope your right about the Govs making a deep run in the play offs..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They are very good football team with alot of talent...

Go Govs

CC fans

We run a spread.... three front def. ..... and are fairly healthy for this time of year..... I'm not asking for any secrets just some general info to save me some research time....... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO GOVS

To add to what someone else said.. Campbell County's first ever playoff game was in 2004. They finished 2nd in their region. They hosted the Farragut Admirals. Farragut won the game 20-6. So this is is Campbell County's 2nd playoff game ever, and first on the road.