Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

Before I make a bold statement,

Jethro tell me what you mean when you say "Tradition" in quotation marks?

I wondered when you were going to jump up and say hello!

By "tradition" I mean DB's last two years of losing in round 1 to Region 2's 4th seed. It's two years running now, and I was wondering if OR was going to keep the tradition of being the 4th seed in R2 to beat the 1st seed in R1.

See, I'm for you guys some of the time. In fact, I'd like to see a R2 sweep. But, the way OR has been playing lately, I think OR is very vulnerable of ending the 2-year "tradition" of R2 #4 beating R1 #1.

Where have you been, blade? PC crash?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "tradition" I mean DB's last two years of losing in round 1 to Region 2's 4th seed. It's two years running now, and I was wondering if OR was going to keep the tradition of being the 4th seed in R2 to beat the 1st seed in R1.

A few things. DB is the #2 seed from Region 1 and OR is the #3 seed from Region 2. There is not a tradition of losing at DB, if you lose in the first round or the fourth, either way you come up short. OR did not make the playoffs last year, does that mean they have a tradition of not making the playoffs now? Let's focus on this years teams, seeing as last years results are not popular with either teams fan base. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OR won the regular season meeting this year 14-7. Both teams offenses were sputtering, both teams defenses were strong and the strengths of both teams at that point.

Since then the DB offense has got its act together, always having something to work on in the next weeks practice, but definatley has moved forward from where it was in the previous meeting. OR since then has likewise improved, but by how much is unknown due to their performance against Farragut last week. Obviously the competition OR has faced since the previous meeting has been tougher, facing a good McMinn Co. team and William Blount, Ooltewah, and Farragut while DB has played Jefferson Co., Sevier Co., Campbell Co., Karns, and Science Hill. Although DB has taken care of business in each match up and won soundly, I liked the tune up they had last week against Science Hill. Although their offense was terrible, Science Hill's defense is rather strong. I believe it helped the Indian offensive line realize they will be facing a strong defensive line from OR. Advantage in this one is a push, with both teams looking to prove something from last years failures.

DB wants to shake off the playoff exit trend and OR wants to prove they can push deep into the playoffs after being left out for the first time in decades last year.

Should be another classic at J.Fred this Friday. Come one, come all. Locals looking for a great game to watch, join us in Kingsport at 7:00pm this week. Friday night light's at its best.

I wondered when you were going to jump up and say hello!

See, I'm for you guys some of the time. In fact, I'd like to see a R2 sweep. But, the way OR has been playing lately, I think OR is very vulnerable of ending the 2-year "tradition" of R2 #4 beating R1 #1.

Where have you been, blade? PC crash?

I have been working a lot of hours over at the plant trying to see if man has anything to do with global warming,

As far as my Wildcats go... I don't feel too confident about our chances of going very far, but I would love to see a match up between WB & Farragutless, two very good teams... We were outmatched down to the guys who carry for cords for the coaches Friday. Sterling is the best player I have seen since a back we had a coulple of years ago named Gulmeyer (I am sure I slaughtered his name)

Why don't you knock the cow dung off your boots, before you get smart with me.... Conferate flag boy.

Now "slingblade" I thought I was the one with cow dung and a flag..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You didn't bad mouth me or jethro... your going to hurt our feelings........ /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Are you still bipolar?.... I have sure missed our daily diatribe....If its a pc problem I know a 'good ole boy' who works on them.... How do you think this game will play out.... In my opinion I think the WILDCATS are in trouble.... To much strife on the team....Fan base split.... What have you heard??? Give us some scoup......

hayseed

Aw it ain't over till it's over....like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. We'll be back ...somebody famous said that didn't they?

Thanks for the good words from the DB faithful, we'll be there and I hope we bring our A team. After last week any "team" would be an improvement!!

This time next week they can start airing dirty laundry. Not a good thing but it will happpen.

A few things. DB is the #2 seed from Region 1 and OR is the #3 seed from Region 2.

OR since then has likewise improved, but by how much is unknown due to their performance against Farragut last week.

You are correct. DB is #2, OR is #3. My point was DB's been kicked out of the playoffs by an underdog team the last two years when everyone thought that they were going to go very deep into the playoffs. However, this year, I believe DB will come out on top.

I disagree with your statement of OR improving. I think they might have improved since you met early in the

season, but I'm afraid they have peaked early and are dropping fast.

There seems to be a lot of controversy in the fan base (as represented on this board) about the OR Coach and some of his decisions. It seems to have fallen apart about the time of the Clinton game. I understand that there was some sort of sideline distraction between the coaches. Since then, OR seems to have fallen apart.

Good luck to both teams.

Why don't you knock the cow dung off your boots, before you get smart with me.... Conferate flag boy.

Shouldn't you be out trying to help the coaching staff recruit?

Wow. That was an extremely bold statement, Poindexter. Now run along back to your rocket science lab before somebody takes your lunch money again.

Wow. That was an extremely bold statement, Poindexter. Now run along back to your rocket science lab before somebody takes your lunch money again.

I doubt it would be you taking my lunch $ cow poke.. Now you run along back to your ah..... well, I guess there really isn't anything worth mentioning over in Maryville, like a NUC plant or anything.. I guess run along back to the pasture then..

What are you smoking. I have yet to find any evidence of a "divided camp" at Oak Ridge on here this year. I do see some posts from people that are not happy about the record and the big losses but divided? What are they divided about? Are there some that like to lose and some that don't?

In any event, the Cats seem to play better on the road this year and may do fine at DB. But, I do expect it to be another great DB vs OR game and a class act by both teams.

Ole Dad

There seems to be some "issues" in the Oak Ridge camp. The fan base is divided and the team may very well be. Dobyns-Bennett has improved as the year progressed and with home field advantage I feel that DB will win....

Probably about the same score as their first meeting with DB on the plus side...

Note: This is just pure speculation on my part .. Hope everyone has a safe trip throughout the playoffs... Good luck to both teams.....