Lebanon at Lincoln County

onestupidme

i think the complete sweep of region 3 will be elusive this year also, i will take lincoln county in this one...coach thompson of LC was a coach at lebanon way back in the 70s/80s

Not just a coach......he played/graduated from Lebanon before goin on to play for the Bear at Alabama then to the pros /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DTRUTH knows this guy /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> you better watch out for him

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you totally--NOT /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Coach Brown was successful at TC as a d-coor--they won state--HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A RING--doubt it--Coach Brown coaches with all his heart and tries to help those kids as much as allowed--Parents are usually the problem and not the coaches at Devil land--If he ever left the program would suffer and that may be in the near future for a better job--Hate to lose him

We do have good talent but we are not world beaters--we do not have many d1 players--but we do work hard and good things come from that--so fork'em /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

sallis isn't the best athletic QB we have but he is a LEADER--they lose without him--not to say Maynard is bad but he does lack leadership skills now--that will change by next year

TC coaches are terrible--Yet the old parents tried to get satterfield several years ago--they hire Coach Brown and he exceeded expectations that first year and had us in the playoffs in the second--He must stink like satterfield--Coach Creasey leaves TC for d-coor. at Riverhell--NOW THEY REALLY stink even though they're number 1

After all this I have learned one thing--YOU ARE A IDIOT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> :

Hey Dude it's "you are AN idiot"

--Coach Brown coaches with all his heart and tries to help those kids as much as allowed--Parents are usually the problem and not the coaches at Devil land--If he ever left the program would suffer and that may be in the near future for a better job--Hate to lose him

"tries to help those kids as much as allowed" ....... this is based on what?.....what EXACTLY does that mean......cause I've been wondering for a long time what the guy is thinking and what motivates him to make his decisions cause he's made some questionable ones in the last few years........I suppose that's what makes all of us wiser....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DTRUTH ain't seen a really good coach in a long time /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

--Coach Brown coaches with all his heart and tries to help those kids as much as allowed--Parents are usually the problem and not the coaches at Devil land--If he ever left the program would suffer and that may be in the near future for a better job--Hate to lose him

"tries to help those kids as much as allowed" ....... this is based on what?.....what EXACTLY does that mean......cause I've been wondering for a long time what the guy is thinking and what motivates him to make his decisions cause he's made some questionable ones in the last few years........I suppose that's what makes all of us wiser....... :

DTRUTH ain't seen a really good coach in a long time :

HAHAHAHAH /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> --you're so funny--lovya too--You for get I played at Devil land and know most of the communist parents then and now--you believe little Johnny is SEC materia HAHAHAH--he's more like /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> --thats it a flowerl

Coach Brown does some things that other coaches don't do--give his team a chance to win--that means fake punts, fake fgs, QB sneaks to keep ball in center field, and go for it anywhere on the field

Politics--who are you baiting for /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You are so funny

I agree with you totally--NOT /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Coach Brown was successful at TC as a d-coor--they won state--HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A RING--doubt it--Coach Brown coaches with all his heart and tries to help those kids as much as allowed--Parents are usually the problem and not the coaches at Devil land--If he ever left the program would suffer and that may be in the near future for a better job--Hate to lose him

We do have good talent but we are not world beaters--we do not have many d1 players--but we do work hard and good things come from that--so fork'em /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

sallis isn't the best athletic QB we have but he is a LEADER--they lose without him--not to say Maynard is bad but he does lack leadership skills now--that will change by next year

TC coaches are terrible--Yet the old parents tried to get satterfield several years ago--they hire Coach Brown and he exceeded expectations that first year and had us in the playoffs in the second--He must stink like satterfield--Coach Creasey leaves TC for d-coor. at Riverhell--NOW THEY REALLY stink even though they're number 1

After all this I have learned one thing--YOU ARE A IDIOT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

you do not know of what you speak. don't personally attack me because you don't agree. Lebanon is one of the most political towns I have ever seen when it comes to sports. Secondly, I didn't say that Brown wasn't a good D-coordinator at TC, what I did say is that it did not parlay into success as a head coach at another school. Go back and read the post for yourself genius. I know for a fact, first hand that Brown is way too influenced by the boosters to give him a fair evaluation. I also am not talking about Maynard, but the Walker kid that was the back up and out performed Sallis everytime he stepped onto the field. Check the stats on that one, hoss. The other guy has done fairly well at Riverdale, although you would have to be a complete idiot to undo 15 years of success. By the way, how have those Freshmen teams Brown has been coaching turned out the last 2 years? You deal in fantasy and I deal in fact. It must be sad to be you.

you do not know of what you speak. don't personally attack me because you don't agree. Lebanon is one of the most political towns I have ever seen when it comes to sports. Secondly, I didn't say that Brown wasn't a good D-coordinator at TC, what I did say is that it did not parlay into success as a head coach at another school. Go back and read the post for yourself genius. I know for a fact, first hand that Brown is way too influenced by the boosters to give him a fair evaluation. I also am not talking about Maynard, but the Walker kid that was the back up and out performed Sallis everytime he stepped onto the field. Check the stats on that one, hoss. The other guy has done fairly well at Riverdale, although you would have to be a complete idiot to undo 15 years of success. By the way, how have those Freshmen teams Brown has been coaching turned out the last 2 years? You deal in fantasy and I deal in fact. It must be sad to be you.

Go back and look at your post nondevil--you said nothing about the head coaching duties--there is none but SATTERFIELD loyalist

Next--W(no name calling please) couldn't make a decision on his on if he had to--check and see older brother--OVER RATED--No leadership qualities--likes to do other extra-carricular activities --figure that one out brainster

Sallis--check record--they win when healthy--maybe not the best--THEY WIN BIG GAMES

Freshmen--What did they do at Walter J--Checking----Checking---Checking-----Nothing--not Browns call when it is a completely different system they are under--he inherits

Brown--there is your answer---leave and better yourself---Parents believe Johnny is All-American

Go back and look at your post nondevil--you said nothing about the head coaching duties--there is none but SATTERFIELD loyalist

Next--W(no name calling please) couldn't make a decision on his on if he had to--check and see older brother--OVER RATED--No leadership qualities--likes to do other extra-carricular activities --figure that one out brainster

Sallis--check record--they win when healthy--maybe not the best--THEY WIN BIG GAMES

Freshmen--What did they do at Walter J--Checking----Checking---Checking-----Nothing--not Browns call when it is a completely different system they are under--he inherits

Brown--there is your answer---leave and better yourself---Parents believe Johnny is All-American

maybe he did lack some decision making skills, but his arm strength and accuracy put Sallis' to shame. He was never given a real chance because his parents didn't have as much pull. What my post did say is that few assistants had left TC and became successful. They haven't turned any programs around anywhere. Brown is the freshmen head coach, so it is his responsibilty. And although you love Brown, savor each moment because in 3 seasons at most, he will be gone. And thank you for noticing I am a non-devil. And the "older brother" who was so "over-rated", was I believe salutatorian, and is in med school. That is the point of high school anyways, isn't it.

Let me say I seriously just love when people start talking about Lebanon. I am not going to lie I havent seen first hand much of the season, yet I do know how all the guys on the team play.

Sallis-before this year has never been a full time starter. Why? He has always been good, ha has always been a leader, however, at Lebanon there were also other players who were good with more experience. Daley has always stepped up when the team needed him and that is why he is good.

Coach Brown- Many would say they hate him, but they dont really. I know many players while when I was there would say it, yet they never meant it. To this day players who havent played at Lebanon in 2 or 3 years say Coach Brown was a great coach. He loves what he does, he has built a program that should be respected even when they dont have a perfect season. Maybe he should stop running the ball so much sometimes, or maybe just not down the middle, but he knows what he can get out of his team and he holds them to a high level of responsiblity. The team knows what they need to do, they just have to do it.

I am looking forward to the rematch against LC, it will be good and as always I count on Lebanon doing there best and moving to second round so I can go watch them play!!!

Good Luck guys, I luv ya

That was something I never could understand. WHY would your HC at Lebanon want to coach the freshmen too? It seems to me that it would be confusing, and I would get my opponents mixed up for each week! I am sure part of it is to get used to the way Brown runs things on varsity, but seems like extra work for the staff to have to coach both teams and be away from their other obligations to their family or to their teaching responsibilities. Freshmen football is supposed to be fun and with the varsity coaches calling the shots just seems like having that pressure way too soon. Maybe that would account for the low numbers they had on the freshman team?