Foot Locker

werner

Please don't tell me what I will or won't do. I am leaving this because you could spell provocative and inappropriate. Most members couldn't and I am duly impressed.

I apologize... I didn't realize "predictions" said in jest were a deletable offense. However, would you mind answering why the other Foot Locker South thread mysteriously disappeared? I mean, seriously, unless someone added something provocative and/or inappropriate (in which case you can simply say "someone added something provocative and/or inappropriate" -- I obviously don't need details) there was absolutely no reason to delete it.

The who's who was mostly at state already.

Tell me the last time the who's who was at FLS though. That's what's exciting. Obviously State will have a who's who... that's kind of a given. It's the fact that the top guys are all getting together and racing again that's cool.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize... I didn't realize "predictions" said in jest were a deletable offense. However, would you mind answering why the other Foot Locker South thread mysteriously disappeared? I mean, seriously, unless someone added something provocative and/or inappropriate (in which case you can simply say "someone added something provocative and/or inappropriate" -- I obviously don't need details) there was absolutely no reason to delete it.Tell me the last time the who's who was at FLS though. That's what's exciting. Obviously State will have a who's who... that's kind of a given. It's the fact that the top guys are all getting together and racing again that's cool.

There was obviously a reason. You obviously don't need the details or you would have been told the details.

Actually, I don't know why it was deleted. I have a few "universal" moderators who can delete posts on any thread. They never delete posts without a reason, though.

There was obviously a reason. You obviously don't need the details or you would have been told the details.

Actually, I don't know why it was deleted. I have a few "universal" moderators who can delete posts on any thread. They never delete posts without a reason, though.

First of all, and I say this with the utmost respect, but you need to stop parading around your website as if you directly control the posts within your forums. You may act as an administrator, but following the lead of totalitarian dictators is simply taking it too far. I've moderated forums before. I've administrated forums before. Highly successful, highly volatile New York sports forums. So I know how the administrator/moderator jobs work.

I also know that there is absolutely no reason to treat users like they're punk kids. Even if they are. Age does not equal maturity; as I have seen countless times before, oftentimes younger users act more mature then their elders. Therefore, just because I am (obviously) a high school student, it is not necessary for you to speak down to me in the manner that you have now in two consecutive posts. I do not appreciate this. Now, I know that you may not care whether or not I appreciate it, but I know that you also like traffic. And alienating users is not a successful way to garner traffic. Traffic, obviously, draws advertisers, which brings home the money. Which is what any popular website needs to maintain operations.

If a user asks a simple question, such as "Why was X thread deleted," it is absolutely uncalled for and, frankly, immature to respond in a snide form that simply draws anger. If you do not know, because one of your moderators deleted it, then say "I do not know. One of my moderators deleted it." It's not that difficult, and is actually a phrase I have typed countless times in the past. Actually, most of the time when I type it, I also drop a quick email or instant message to each of my moderators asking if anyone knows who/why it was deleted. Not because I'm going to change the fact that it was deleted, but I like to keep up with the goings-on with regards to my website. Many times I'll continue the process and drop a quick private message to the user who asked the original question and say "Hey, I think someone may have stepped out of line in (insert a generalized description) this fashion..." Again, not very difficult.

Look man, I'm not telling you how to run your site. That's your call. But here's what I am telling you: I do not, under any circumstances, appreciate your continued disrespect of me as one of your users with your snide, sarcastic remarks. Please take them elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Will Musto

Chattanooga Christian School

Mr. Musto,

I take issue with your letter to coacht. Whether you like it or not, this is his forum and he can do with it as he wishes. He doesn't parade around the forums as if he controls them, he does control them. Think of these forums as his house, you are on his territory, not yours. He makes the rules and calls the shots.

BTW, when you open a forum with "snide, sarcastic remarks," don't be surprised if you don't get some back in return. All you have shown me is that you can dish out the literary broadsides but can't take them.

First of all, and I say this with the utmost respect, but you need to stop parading around your website as if you directly control the posts within your forums. You may act as an administrator, but following the lead of totalitarian dictators is simply taking it too far. I've moderated forums before. I've administrated forums before. Highly successful, highly volatile New York sports forums. So I know how the administrator/moderator jobs work.

I also know that there is absolutely no reason to treat users like they're punk kids. Even if they are. Age does not equal maturity; as I have seen countless times before, oftentimes younger users act more mature then their elders. Therefore, just because I am (obviously) a high school student, it is not necessary for you to speak down to me in the manner that you have now in two consecutive posts. I do not appreciate this. Now, I know that you may not care whether or not I appreciate it, but I know that you also like traffic. And alienating users is not a successful way to garner traffic. Traffic, obviously, draws advertisers, which brings home the money. Which is what any popular website needs to maintain operations.

If a user asks a simple question, such as "Why was X thread deleted," it is absolutely uncalled for and, frankly, immature to respond in a snide form that simply draws anger. If you do not know, because one of your moderators deleted it, then say "I do not know. One of my moderators deleted it." It's not that difficult, and is actually a phrase I have typed countless times in the past. Actually, most of the time when I type it, I also drop a quick email or instant message to each of my moderators asking if anyone knows who/why it was deleted. Not because I'm going to change the fact that it was deleted, but I like to keep up with the goings-on with regards to my website. Many times I'll continue the process and drop a quick private message to the user who asked the original question and say "Hey, I think someone may have stepped out of line in (insert a generalized description) this fashion..." Again, not very difficult.

Look man, I'm not telling you how to run your site. That's your call. But here's what I am telling you: I do not, under any circumstances, appreciate your continued disrespect of me as one of your users with your snide, sarcastic remarks. Please take them elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Will Musto

Sincerely,

Will Musto

You began the thread and you seem to know your way around forums which means you also know there are board rules. Such as:

Be Private: If you have any concerns or criticism on how we operate these message boards, do NOT post your query on the site. Send us an email and we'll explain any issue you have. If you decide to publicly show your ignorance on the board, you only make a fool of yourself, before we can explain and correct any misperception you may have of our operation and rules.