hickman county vs lewis county rematch

reddawgs07

Wow, how didn't we all think of this. So what your saying is that if red boiling springs would get out of that 1A region and challenge a few big boys there program would improve and be able to beat trousdale. And you are also implying that by GP playing better teams their players have become genetically enhanced over a period of time, allowing them to have superior size and stregth, almost like the Russians who live in the outer most northern climates. I see now. GP hasn't got the cream of the crop in north nashville where there school is conveniently located near those of hunters lane, maplewood, etc. They developed that size and speed by genetically enhancing their athletes due to extreme conditions..i.e. tough games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> They don't stockpile players every year, they simply have built their players like a callice on the hand of the carpenter. Mr. Miagigo is their trainer, wax on wax off, sand the flool Danielson!

GREAT POST /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the field is wet from rain so be it, but don't be cowards and wet it on purpose just to gain an advantage.

Sorry not whining just stating the facts.

The same person wet it this time as last time...............................GOD! God turn on the sprinklers and will keep them on through Wednesday. Surely you are not calling God a coward? If that is an advantage for LC then God must be a Panther fan.

For Once this is something we can agree on!!!!!!Whether it be Camden Cats cant call um lions or GP whoever wins this game will get a crack at Alcoa then maybe they can see how real 2A smash mouth football is played. Alcoa Plays no one I repeat no one in the regular season.

Not a bright feller, are ya?

It rained last night in Hohenwald. Fire up the excuses Hickman County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yea it rained last night and it's raining today and it's suppose to rain tomorrow but two days should be plenty of time to dry up since we are in a drought.

Goodpasture better have a good excuse, there is a chance they are put out before they get a shot at Alcoa. Sometimes pride is a killer, especially since they graduated 22 seniors and they have to play a better Lewis County team from last year, kinda like were playing your JV team from last year. I kinda like our chances. You guys deserve respect, but we are the kinda team that is still trying to pove ourself to the Tennessean and the entire state, I am pretty sure that Camden and Hickman County all feel the same way, we are out to earn respect. Look out

Anyone can be beat, even the great Alcoa. But GP wouldn't know anything about that.

Actually we would. Beat em in the semi's on the way to our '01 title.

I know what I am talking about. HC did not play the same caliber of opponents as did GP. GP just got done playing CPA two weeks in a row, and CPA is 2 TDs better than anyone on Lewis or Hickman Co. schedule easily. Marshall and Lawrence Co. are not all that impressive compared to the teams on GP and CPA's schedule.

Go look at GP and CPA's schedule and tell me honestly that it is comparable to Lewis or Hickman Co. GP year in and year out plays tough opponents. That is why they have the program they do, same with CPA. If Hickman, Lewis or any other public school wants to get to that level. Pick up the phone and schedule some tough teams. CPA is always looking for games. But I doubt Lewis or Hickman would go for that.

What a joke /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Only an idiot would believe Goodpasture is the powerhouse it is because of playing a tough schedule. They are dominant because they pick from the cream of the crop in north Nashville. Most coaches can assemble a great team when they get to recruit and hand-pick their own players. Doesn't quite work like that in public schools. You're forced to play the hand you're dealt. So best of luck to HC/LC, whoever matches up against a private school later down the line. As for G.B., whine on, brother, whine on as usual. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The same person wet it this time as last time...............................GOD! God turn on the sprinklers and will keep them on through Wednesday. Surely you are not calling God a coward? If that is an advantage for LC then God must be a Panther fan.

Your putting God in a bad spot here, he did a great job of drying the endzones and the area's around the stadium did not have any mud on my feet walking to or from the bleachers or around behind the visitors bleachers to go to the conc. stand which had no food or to the crappy bathrooms. but between the endzones he forgot to make that dry.....Good theory.

What a joke /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Only an idiot would believe Goodpasture is the powerhouse it is because of playing a tough schedule. They are dominant because they pick from the cream of the crop in north Nashville. Most coaches can assemble a great team when they get to recruit and hand-pick their own players. Doesn't quite work like that in public schools. You're forced to play the hand you're dealt. So best of luck to HC/LC, whoever matches up against a private school later down the line. As for G.B., whine on, brother, whine on as usual. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't want to turn one of these matchup threads into a public/private thread. I believe there's a public/private thread dedicated on Coach T. However, I'll say one thing and I'll never say anything else again about it. Milan has beaten GP on the way to state titles and has beaten Lipscomb in the title game. Huntingdon has beaten Lipscomb in the the title game. Alcoa has beaten GP on three occasions in the title game and has beaten Lipscomb on the way to a title. This is only a suggestion, but maybe the public schools should stop worrying about what the privates are doing and see what Milan, Huntingdon and Alcoa have done to win their titles. Currently, the 2A power is a public school not a private. It's easy to target GP. In actuality Alcoa is the gold standard and I believe Milan has one more over all championship than GP (4 vs 3). Don't you think Milan and Huntingdon enjoyed those championships more because they were at the expense of some private schools. Most people who are successful worry about what they can control not what they can't. All I know historically, Huntingdon, Milan and Alcoa have not shun away from the challenge of matchups with the privates. They have seemed to embrace it. It all comes down to fundamentals, blocking, tackling, execution. Sure Alcoa has had a run with great talent. Huntingdon had Chris Donald. But even GP's last title came when Patrick Turner was a back up receiver when he was a Freshmen. GP is successful in a large part because we've run the same system , had the same coach and like many schools, tradition. Sure, it's a free country. This forum encourages opinion. I know I'll never change anti-private sentiment. However, I only ask folks to consider how Milan, Huntingdon and Alcoa have done it. With that said, good luck to HC/LC. Hope there's no injuries. If GP is fortunate enough to advance, may the best team win in the quarters, no excuses, just a hard nose game with the best man left standing. May the Lord bless and keep you all. Safe travels this week for those going to see the matchups across the state.

"Alcoa Plays no one I repeat no one in the regular season." HCOlinedad.... I am quoting your exact words. Now I'm giving you a does of reality. Week 2 Alcoa vs MARYVILLE. Little background on Maryville just in case you haven't heard of them. Currently 11-0 and favorite to win class 4A, STATE CHAMPS 06, 05, 04, 02, 01, 00.... that's just since 2000. Now I know your response.... look at the score of that game, but that's not the issue... it's you saying Alcoa hasn't played " no one...repeat no one. " On the other hand GP destroys, 21 or more whoever they catch next week, and loses to Alcoa. To stay on topic of this thread LC- 28 HC-13

Okay I will admit when I' m wrong did not see that game when I looked at their schedule. But I still maintain they did play other than that game a weak schedule, and did not play anyone with the combination of size and speed like LC or the speed and heart of HC. You might disagree but this is my outlook. It will not be a cakewalk for Alcoa.

I know what I am talking about. HC did not play the same caliber of opponents as did GP. GP just got done playing CPA two weeks in a row, and CPA is 2 TDs better than anyone on Lewis or Hickman Co. schedule easily. Marshall and Lawrence Co. are not all that impressive compared to the teams on GP and CPA's schedule.

Go look at GP and CPA's schedule and tell me honestly that it is comparable to Lewis or Hickman Co. GP year in and year out plays tough opponents. That is why they have the program they do, same with CPA. If Hickman, Lewis or any other public school wants to get to that level. Pick up the phone and schedule some tough teams. CPA is always looking for games. But I doubt Lewis or Hickman would go for that.

whether it be over analizing, or just speculation, when this all plays out it will be whoever wants it the most out on the field of the grid-iron, It could be fumbles or injuries (HOPE NOT), big plays, special teams or incredible hits, no one can determine the outcome till they see it play out, all we are saying is that Lewis has a heck of a team this yr, with kids that can play at the next level and make plays that count!!! and so i feel like they'll prevail and be victrious over a less than avg. GP team GOODLUCK PANTHERS!!!!!

Just one thing.. There is not much differance in a private school and open-zoned public schools. They can both pick and choose from a larger base. Carry on.One other thing, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Goodpasture moves to round three. Camden has a fine team and they are playing at home. I wish them all the best!

Just one thing.. There is not much differance in a private school and open-zoned public schools. They can both pick and choose from a larger base. Carry on.One other thing, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Goodpasture moves to round three. Camden has a fine team and they are playing at home. I wish them all the best!

I second that .. if you approve sir!!!! lol