MBA vs. Father Ryan

Hadouken

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow out. That's all the game against Knox-Webb really was. MBA's coming in with a heck of a lot of momentum coming off of a huge win at home. With the home-field advantage that the Big Red is sporting, this rematch shouldn't be much of a contest. Ryan's rushing defense will be obliterated yet again due to the speed and toughness of the runningbacks, not to mention one of the most powerful offensive lines the state has seen. First quarter should be tight, but MBA pulls away big after wearing down the Irish.

Final Score Prediction:

MBA- 31

Ryan- 10

On paper, I agree with everything you say. Unfortunately, I understand Father Ryan is unwilling to allow this to be settled on paper...I'm not a fan of rematches when my team has won the first time. There are just too many things that can go wrong, from overconfidence to looking ahead to the next game.

I think MBA will be ready, but a lot will hinge on how successful the Ryan staff is at convincing the team that they can play with MBA. Certainly nothing that happened in the MBA-Ryan game or the BA-Ryan game would leave them with any reason to think they can compete with either team. A strong performance and a convincing win over MUS would have helped, but the score really doesn't suggest that was the case (although I don't know a great deal about the details of that game).

I like that idea. As to the the above poster, I guess you deserve your own opinion, but I would like to say Kevin Mix will be back for this game. I think he will make such a greater difference on defense with his senior leadership. He is a smarter player. I hope the lines shows up as well on both sides of the ball, and we can move the ball on offense. Regardless, let's all show our class as flyby stated and not our ***.

Kevin Mix, the same guy who got dominated all game and eventually injured by Wesley Johnson. I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings, but nothing about that matchup is going to change. EJ and Christain will have another dominate perfomance and FR's offense is way too one dimensional to move the ball against MBA consistantly.

MBA 24

FR 0

This is MBA's year

Having seen both MBA and Father Ryan play the same opponent (Ensworth), I don't think that Father Ryan will have the sheer force of will to stop MBA in what is going to be a very physical game. I believe that MBA will more than likely repeat their regular season success against Father Ryan and advance to the next round.

Just a thought but Father Ryan just isn't used to winning. And they got a little full of themselves and were ready to receive their rings and gold ball just a little early. If Coach Lussier and his staff can wake them up and bring them down off of cloud nine they will be alright. Not that the last to terrible defeats didn't. Last night helped get them back on the right track. Bet they will have a better showing.

Let's try something new...

How about we (both MBA and Ryan) try something new on this thread; let's show some class that represents the true character of these institutions, the history of the schools, and the history of this rivalry.

This game and these student athletes deserve that.

Both teams have accomplished a lot this year, and those accomplishments should not be cheapened by the mouth of immaturity.

Therefore, respect these schools, these students, and this storied rivalry!

Chapter 76 will play out next Friday on The Hill.

Roll Red Roll

Gentlemen, I would strongly suggest that you follow these suggestions. I've already had to delete a number of posts. The use of @#$%^ will lead to your post getting deleted, a report sent to Coacht and possibly having the thread locked. Let's talk about the game.

Just a thought but Father Ryan just isn't used to winning. And they got a little full of themselves and were ready to receive their rings and gold ball just a little early. If Coach Lussier and his staff can wake them up and bring them down off of cloud nine they will be alright. Not that the last to terrible defeats didn't. Last night helped get them back on the right track. Bet they will have a better showing.

I agree with you, but I feel the team that is on cloud 9 is MBA.Dont get me wrong they have every right in the world to be. I mean they are undefeated. That might be the problem for MBA next week. They havent had a humbling moment yet and this is not the time to be too confident. MBA can't look passed the IRISH just yet because the playoffs are a whole new season. To my knowledge the Irish are healthy and are ready to play this one. I just hope all the IRISH fans are loud for this one. I have confidence in the Irish, as I have the whole season and I know they can play with the BIG RED on Friday.

GOOD LUCK IRISH

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ROLL PRIDE ROLL /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />